Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tm mp5k vs p90 vs aug high cycle vs Scorpion evo 3

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 30th, 2015, 12:36   #46
3rdbase8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
For MP5Ks its TM or a very hard to find full metal proline Classic Army. Everything else is either super heavy and difficult on magazines (Cyma), made of cheap plastic (Galaxy), or weird and crappy (Cybergun GSG series). For P90s you can make do with a King Arms, but the hard to find Classic Army proline is also excellent. Marui's P90 is great for CQB, not so great outdoors. Reviews of the G&G P90 have been mitigated at first, no idea if the newer versions are better. Cyma has come out with a P90 recently, no idea if its any good. AUGs are all crappy as far as I know. The fore grip WILL break on all of them except the high-cycle TM AUG because it doesn't have one.

Don't bother with upgrades too much. You have to know what you are doing to get good results. For most people, swapping the hop-up rubber is really all that's needed. If you bought a very low end product and you suspect the inner barrel is really bad/defective, you might want to change it, but a good barrel will cost you 100$+ with the current state of the Canadian dollar, and you might not see much improvement in accuracy and range. Most of the time, upgrading the inner barrel is hardly a good bang for the buck. Don't bother with cheap upgrade barrels, they all suck and are likely worse than your stock inner barrel. Go quality or keep your stock barrel.
Thanks for the reply so if I go mp5k I'll go tm and I will just upgrade the inner barrel and maybe a better spring. (I live In America so barrels might be cheaper. I'll research the p90 by king arms. And the tm aug high cycle im considering. If the scorpion is available that's what I'm getting I just gotta wait some time lol.

Last edited by 3rdbase8; October 30th, 2015 at 12:56..
3rdbase8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2015, 15:49   #47
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Changing only the barrel on a TM MP5K is unlikely to be worth it even at USD price. To take advantage of a good quality inner barrel you also need a good quality hop-up rubber. Hence why I said that changing the hop-up rubber is probably all that you need to do. Do NOT change the spring on a TM MP5K. It's already got a rather strong spring to reach 280 fps on such a short barrel. A stronger spring will tax the internals a lot, slow your rate of fire and reduce trigger response significantly. Get another gun if you want higher fps. But really, for CQB, 280fps is perfect. You don't need any more.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2015, 16:26   #48
3rdbase8

Well I am using this for field but I run and gun a lot so do you think this gun can hit a target at 150 feet and the guy would be able to feel it with a sweatshirt on? With the rubber upgrade
Old October 30th, 2015, 16:42   #49
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

It can definitely reach 150 feet at 280 fps, but the hit calling depends completely on the quality of the players you play with.

An MP5K is a poor choice for the field. It's okay as a short range backup for a long rifle, but aiming precisely at long range without a stock is hard. Get a full sized MP5 instead, or a P90 if you want something small that works well outside. In this case, the Scorpion EVO you asked about earlier would be a great choice too.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2015, 21:09   #50
3rdbase8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
It can definitely reach 150 feet at 280 fps, but the hit calling depends completely on the quality of the players you play with.

An MP5K is a poor choice for the field. It's okay as a short range backup for a long rifle, but aiming precisely at long range without a stock is hard. Get a full sized MP5 instead, or a P90 if you want something small that works well outside. In this case, the Scorpion EVO you asked about earlier would be a great choice too.
This guys is offering a we smg8 with 5 mags and a suppressor for 120 dollars shipping included should I do that deal?
Old October 31st, 2015, 12:05   #51
HGPHYDRA

One upside I'd like to point out to p90s is that they are extremely easy to take apart to do maintenance or upgrades.

Good for a beginner. If you know what your doing then it doesn't matter as much.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
HGPHYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 12:53   #52
uncle_benny12

You should also look into the VFC MP5s, they make an AEG version now and it looks really solid with stamped steel upper

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
uncle_benny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 16:15   #53
3rdbase8

Thanks for the replys guys I will look into these but a guy is offering a WE smg8 with 5 mags and a Angel suppresor (80 dollars for just suppresor) for 120 dollars should I take the offer or no?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion