Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Aftermath Broxa MP5 - Really shoot 400 fps?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 24th, 2011, 21:21   #16
AJ457

Does it drop the FPS significantly with .20g BBs? I just want to make sure because looking at that site now they have only one left in stock lol I imagine 30 bucks it a good price instead of ripping my gun apart.
AJ457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 23:24   #17
Statua

Send a message via MSN to Statua Send a message via Skype™ to Statua
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ457 View Post
Does it drop the FPS significantly with .20g BBs? I just want to make sure because looking at that site now they have only one left in stock lol I imagine 30 bucks it a good price instead of ripping my gun apart.
I think it drops down about 100 if not more. Depends on your guns head speed (joules) it drops mine down enough (cant remember what it was origionally at) to meet <350fps though.
Old January 25th, 2011, 21:37   #18
AJ457

Really that drastically? Only works on semi which is fine, I'm all about the accuracy as opposed to a three or four round burst. I'll be getting my gun tomorrow so I'll check it out and see where to go from there.
Old January 26th, 2011, 00:19   #19
Brayden
¡¡¡ɹǝʞɐǝɹq oqɯoɔ-ɔ-ɔ-ɔ

In all 3 broxas i've seen shoot 340fps(chronied myself) WITH HOP-UP ADJUSTED. Out of the box i'd guess with hopup on that they shoot 360 so run a few round through it. If your chronographing with hop up off I think your going to be over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegioXIII View Post
I know I have access to a lot of better quality guns but part of me wants to get a Broxa / Kraken as "tinkering" guns. I mean, $99.99 (Broxa) or $129.99 (Kraken) for a loaner / backup / project gun seems to pique my interest. The Kraken Kurz is on sale for cheap now too ($79.99)
NEVER buy the kurz, the Kracken goes on for 99.99 sometimes as well.

Oh, i've heard that leaving your spring pulled back (half pull on semi auto) will weaken it- not ideal since you will lose consistency and im sure someone will mention its terrible for the gun but eh, if a couple fps need knocking off. Could be just a rumor as well maybe do some searching.

Last edited by Brayden; January 26th, 2011 at 00:22..
Brayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 16:06   #20
Batchokookies

A few of my friends who are new to airsoft got themselves Broxa's... some chrono'd higher than 400 and some not... they're very inconsistent. Not going to dump on your parade but it's hit and miss with those, you will have to chrono it once it comes.
KWA P226 PTP X2
VFC/UMAREX MP5A2
Batchokookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 19:20   #21
AJ457

Well it's 19:19 and no sign of my gun sadly. Fuckin Canada Post is a bunch of idiots. Not much of a fan for anything but this kind of takes it. They have yet to update my tracking and every time I call I get stuck on hold. Dumbasses. Soon enough though.
Old January 29th, 2011, 06:17   #22
LegioXIII

Kraken is now down to $99.99 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazee083 View Post
hey duds if i get the so the frame could not be converted to an GBB
LegioXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 11:06   #23
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ457 View Post
Yeah see I wouldn't find if it shot at 400 fps if I was playing outdoors, but if I'm playing outdoors, I'll be using my G36 and not an MP5. At 370 fps though that's still over the max for the place near me.

Being new to playing with people from the ASC community I don't want to over do it my first time on the field. That's a great way to never get invited or accepted to games.

My buddy was telling me that the accuracy is decent but it can use a better barrel and hop up. Are those are difficult to change on the Broxa Spawn?
Sorry for the late reply:

The hopup and barrel are fairly easy to change if you know what your doing if you have never opened or dismantled a gun before i really wouldnt suggest starting with a MP5 variant they can be pretty tricky as they have alot of little parts. you would be better off taking it to a gundoc near you and have them do it and see if they will let you watch for the next time.

If you do manage to get it apart with ease goto mechbox.com for all your mechbox videos discribing the mechbox teardown incase you want to change the spring.
Old March 13th, 2012, 03:16   #24
Gester24

hey guys i have a problem with my broxa, was wondering if you guys can help me out? when i aim down the site and shoot at a target bout 20 feet away, it shoots lower left about 3 inches from where i am aiming. im not to sure how to correct it. if anyone knows that would be great. thanks.
Gester24 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications