Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Aftermath Broxa MP5 - Really shoot 400 fps?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 24th, 2011, 16:35   #1
AJ457

Aftermath Broxa MP5 - Really shoot 400 fps?

I'm waiting for it to get here but I'm not too sure if it actually hits at 400 fps.
A few of my buddies do vouch for it being a decent gun and I recently ordered it from Cabelas for a hundred bucks. It's a side gun as my fiancée, family and friends chipped in to get me an SRC G36K. Kind of a bulky gun at times so I wanted something a tad smaller.

If this is true, I guess my modification question would be - how can I actually lower the fps enough to play indoors? The games in my area seem to be 350 fps MAX and I don't want to go just assuming that they advertised as better than it is just to find out it is that strong.

I imagine that would probably suck getting pelted in the leg, arm or neck by that at close-ish range.....

Last edited by AJ457; January 24th, 2011 at 16:40..
AJ457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 16:47   #2
m102404
Tys

It does suck to show up at a game...find out you're shooting way over max.

The ONLY way to know how fast you're shooting is to chrony it. (either with a buddy's chrono, the game's chrono or your own).

You have to dismantel it, take the mechbox out and put in a weaker spring..then do it all back up and rechrony it. A m90/m100 spring should keep you at under 350fps.

More to your question...there's no reliable way to guestimate the FPS of an AEG out of the box. They'll vary wildly from whatever, if anything, that's published. Load up with 0.20g BBs...shoot over/through a chronograph to be sure.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 16:57   #3
AJ457

That's what I was afraid of. I don't want to be 'that dickhead' who's new to the game and shows up with a gun over the specs and get that one unlucky shot that hurts someone. I'll give it a try and maybe I can find someone with a chronograph once I get it.

This is sad because I'm certain my G36 fires over 350 fps and is also huge. It's only good for outdoors. The gun is supposed to get here on Wednesday before I go to work, so I'll see what I can do and post up what I've discovered.

Much appreciated mate.
Old January 24th, 2011, 17:23   #4
LegioXIII

My G&G MP5 was shooting hot (400+ fps) so I swapped out the stock spring with a Modify M90 spring. Had it re-chrono'd at the local shop and it was under the 350 fps limit.

Quote:
my fiancée, family and friends chipped in to get me an SRC G36K.
It's good to be loved!
LegioXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 17:29   #5
AJ457

Haha yeah very good to be loved!
I'm hoping its just them over compensating but we'll see soon enough. Seems like swapping out a spring on the Aftermath would stupid easy from what my buddy is telling me.
Old January 24th, 2011, 18:07   #6
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ457 View Post
Haha yeah very good to be loved!
I'm hoping its just them over compensating but we'll see soon enough. Seems like swapping out a spring on the Aftermath would stupid easy from what my buddy is telling me.
When I first bought an Aftermath Kraken AK-47 the package stated 370fps with 0.20g BB's. After using it for awhile and then chronoing it, it was hitting at close to 400fps with the 0.20's I was using.
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 18:47   #7
AJ457

It's entertaining how I always wanted a hard hitting airsoft gun and now that I have at least one, I want the second to be lower lol
Just no winning lol

Thanks for the information though Drache, I imagine I should base it off that.

Prepare for the worst hope for the best right?
Old January 24th, 2011, 19:35   #8
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
My Broxxa Shot 370fps outa the box now dont expect everyone to shoot that but it is what it is. After cleaning out the PeanutButter and replacing the shitty clear plastic parts and the hopup it now shoot 400fps Consistantly.

A now reliable gun for under 300$ Wow who'd of thunk it?
Old January 24th, 2011, 20:09   #9
AJ457

Yeah see I wouldn't find if it shot at 400 fps if I was playing outdoors, but if I'm playing outdoors, I'll be using my G36 and not an MP5. At 370 fps though that's still over the max for the place near me.

Being new to playing with people from the ASC community I don't want to over do it my first time on the field. That's a great way to never get invited or accepted to games.

My buddy was telling me that the accuracy is decent but it can use a better barrel and hop up. Are those are difficult to change on the Broxa Spawn?
Old January 24th, 2011, 20:21   #10
LegioXIII

Looks like both the Broxa and the Kraken are on sale right now at Cabelas.

Quote:
replacing the shitty clear plastic parts
Which bodies will fit the Broxa?
Old January 24th, 2011, 20:28   #11
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegioXIII View Post
Looks like both the Broxa and the Kraken are on sale right now at Cabelas.

Which bodies will fit the Broxa?
Don't worry about changing the body, just paint it. The gears inside can be changed so they last longer. I believe some have done some work on the hopup as well.

My Kraken shot pretty decently (accurate) straight from the package so I was pretty happy.
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 20:43   #12
Statua

Send a message via MSN to Statua Send a message via Skype™ to Statua
You could also get a muzzel velocity reducer. Thats what we use at XT to reduce "hot" guns. Airsoftparts Link
Old January 24th, 2011, 20:57   #13
LegioXIII

I know I have access to a lot of better quality guns but part of me wants to get a Broxa / Kraken as "tinkering" guns. I mean, $99.99 (Broxa) or $129.99 (Kraken) for a loaner / backup / project gun seems to pique my interest. The Kraken Kurz is on sale for cheap now too ($79.99)
Old January 24th, 2011, 21:12   #14
AJ457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statua View Post
You could also get a muzzel velocity reducer. Thats what we use at XT to reduce "hot" guns.
This seems like a really good idea, but I was reading that it's more of a temporary fix than anything. True or False?

I just don't know how to actually peel apart the gun and change the spring and quite frankly I'd rather not break a gun. A hundred dollars is still a hundred dollars lol it isn't a load of money but if I break a gun before using it in a game I might as well have just flushed that bill down the toilet

Last edited by AJ457; January 24th, 2011 at 21:16..
Old January 24th, 2011, 21:18   #15
Statua

Send a message via MSN to Statua Send a message via Skype™ to Statua
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ457 View Post
This seems like a really good idea, but I was reading that it's more of a temporary fix than anything. True or False?

I just don't know how to actually peel apart the gun and change the spring and quite frankly I'd rather not break a gun. A hundred dollars is still a hundred dollars lol it isn't a load of money but if I break a gun before using it in a game I might as well have just flushed that bill down the toilet
I like it because it takes like no time to put on and off.

I use it on my kraken (which I have a quick method of converting it to CQB) as you dont have to tear the gun apart to reduce the FPS in between games (which I imagine would be a pain in the butt)

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications