Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need Advice?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 17th, 2007, 11:52   #1
Basalt13

Need Advice?

Alright, I am new to airsoft, and just bought a gun, and would like to know what everyone thinks about it.

I got an Firepower Pulsar (P90) for $127.99 from SIR, is this a good gun? Decent accuracy? Range? Power?

My other friends have rifles, an A17, and an G3 I believe, and my brother will be using a shotgun/handgun combo. Will I get killed with the P90?
Basalt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:55   #2
Stupideye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt13 View Post
Alright, I am new to airsoft, and just bought a gun, and would like to know what everyone thinks about it.

I got an Firepower Pulsar (P90) for $127.99 from SIR, is this a good gun? Decent accuracy? Range? Power?

My other friends have rifles, an A17, and an G3 I believe, and my brother will be using a shotgun/handgun combo. Will I get killed with the P90?
Playing against the guys on here, yes.

Check out 007airsoft.com or aasurplus.com
Stupideye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:05   #3
Basalt13

Well will I get killed against them? We all got guns within the same price range, $100-$150 and are just going to shoot in my yard (5 acre, forest, with an open clearing)

I am just worried that mine won't have the distance of the others.
Basalt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:09   #4
Rukus

You get what you pay for lol. If your looking to get a decent gun your looking to spend well over $127 bucks trust me. Best to get age verified buy one off the classifieds here for a decent price all be it used but still better than a hitman P90.

Zing*

PS don't forget to read the FAQ, they will help you out a lot in choice of a rifle and what you will be looking for. Cheers hope this helps.

Though if your friends all have Canadian Tire specials you might be ok. Spray paint it black, that might add a little extra range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:20   #5
DOM

Firepower Pulsar (P90) Is this anything like a wells p90? from what i have seen, thay suck.
But if you are all outside with the same soft air/clear soft guns shooting .12g ammo, then you should rock....because P90's rock:P
But if you come out to a real game, with real AEG's, you're likely to get pwoned big time.

Dont forget you're goggles!
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:31   #6
Crunchmeister

You shouldn't really worry about being outranged or outperformed by those other guns. They all shoot really badly. I would be more concerned about what your gun's mechbox will look like after said game. Those Palco Firepower guns are not known for their durability. Their inernals are shit, to say the least.

I made that mistake at first. I ordered a Firepower F4 (M4 Carbine) from A&A for about $350. And it was the "higher end" Firepower - not the lowest end clearsoft. Didn't even get 10 shots out of it before the mechbox made a horrid grinding noise and the gun died. Seems like it's a common occurence with those guns. I wish you the best of luck. So I returned the gun and upgraded to a Tokyo Marui M4A1 and a Classic Army M15A4 rifle instead.

And even with a "real" airsoft pistol, you will be able to rule in a game against stock clearsoft AEGs. I had my first airsoft game on Saturday. I have a couple of friends (brothers) who own a warehouse / office space. It's currently vacant and they're about to rent to a new tenant and have to repartition / remodel the interior. So on Saturday, we took advantage of the vacancy in the warehouse and had a quick CQB skirmish for a few hours. Since my TM M4 (the gun I planned on using for indoors since the M15 is too long) is currently out of commission, I went in with 2 pistols alone - a KSC Glock 17 and a KJW Beretta M9. The other guys (7 others) were using a combination of crap Canadian Tire / Walmart clearsoft AEGs, and pistols.

It wasn't a pretty sight, at least for them. They were limited to using .12g BBs, and their guns had poor range and were very inaccurate. My pistols just ruled that game. I was acurately tagging some of them from distances that their guns couldn't even reach. By the end of the 3 hour game, I was basically running around with akimbo pistols dishing out the hurt like I was in a John Woo movie, and still more accurate than they were. I was only actually hit 2 times (lower leg and helmet) over the span of our game. lol

Yeah, so as long as you're up against other clearsoft, you should be ok in terms of performance, as you'll all be on the same equal ground. Just be aware that your gun may not survive the entire game. One of the Crosman MP5 AEGs in our game died within about 20 minutes of play, and one of the springer pistols one guy on my team was using basically "exploded" when he cocked it. The Crosman M4's stock broke off near the end of the game. The only 'cheap' gun that actually survived the game intact and actually performed ok was my old Well R-16 (M4 carbine) springer that I brought as a loaner for one guy who had no gun. And that was the gun that I got shot with both times.

However, the positive side of this experience is that some of these other guys REALLY enjoyed the game, and are now considering purchasing real airsoft guns and get involved in some real games instead.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; December 17th, 2007 at 12:35..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:40   #7
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Mmm tasty tasty garbage soft.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:45   #8
No_Way

Mmm TokyoSeven avatar (always pleasure to look). Killed by friend, A17 clear, G3 clear, M4 + pistol clear, Backyard gameplay, don't post here !

By the way, if you got it, test it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtFarmer View Post
"Go FAQ yourself"
No_Way is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion