Finally Green Mountain Rangers are banned

:

General

Closed Thread

Old May 27th, 2013, 17:47   #1
lanepratt
AV revoked.

Finally Green Mountain Rangers are banned

I have personally played against them, they are the worst team. They make fancy vidoes thats about it. no respect to the rules, or even Veterans at a recent OLMSS. avoid this team at all cost

From Lion claws and Blacksheep airsoft facebook pages

"Blacksheep MILSIM supports our fellow event producer Operation Lion Claws Military Simulation Series (OLCMSS) in the banning of Green Mountain Rangers. The ban of this team from all Operation Blacksheep events is changed from one year to a permanent ban with the same conditions outlined below. In a sport based on honor, this type of behavior will not be tolerated. Blacksheep6

The following is the statement from OLCMSS:

The Operation Lion Claws Military Simulation Series began as a way to honor our military and the sport of mil-sim airsoft. These values have remained paramount throughout our twelve year history. We expect that same respect to be shown by our players. Following the rules and playing with honor are the most important things our players do.

Unfortunately, we have a team that refuses to follow even the most basic rules and shows total disrespect for our VIPs, staff, and other players. This teams utter lack of respect towards our military personal and VIPs over the Memorial Day weekend Operations left us no other option but to ban them. We try to work with all of our teams and players. We do not ban teams from our operations without great debate and numerous attempts at intervention.

After repeated violations and warnings, the team known as The Green Mountain Rangers are banned from all OLCMSS functions. All players who have registered under that team name or are associated with them are banned from all OLCMSS functions. Any player who ends their association with said team may appeal to have their ban lifted and be moved to probationary status pending deliberations by our staff.

All other teams or individuals that wish to follow in the footsteps of the Green Mountain Rangers by disrespecting the rules, players, staff, VIPs, and themselves are given notice that we will not tolerate such behavior at our Operations.

Thank You,

Operations Lion Claws Military Simulation Series"
Old May 27th, 2013, 17:55   #2
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Wow, disrespecting veterans? That's screwed up.
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:07   #3
Drake
E-01

Some context would help if you're gonna post this.
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:22   #4
lanepratt
AV revoked.

Well I am trying to find it on OLMSS web site, but there official facebook page of blacksheep and OLMSS has the same thing posted.

In 2012 I went to OP Blackseep at Ft Drum Mout facility. They were caught on helmet cams blatenly cheating not following rules, hit calling Force Recon attended this game aswell and they can verify. After that game blacksheep announced that they were banned for one year from his games. What i posted above happened over the week end at OP Lion Claws. I have found the official post from there web site.

http://www.oplionclaws.com/phpBB/vie...p?f=112&t=5343

hope this helps
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:33   #5
venture

It needs to be done, sometimes. However, I thought that group had some very well respected members.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca

Last edited by venture; May 27th, 2013 at 18:35..
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:36   #6
scottyfox

They bitched out Danny McKnight.
...yeah, that one.

Old May 27th, 2013, 18:40   #7
BennyBoy

Was there a reason? Sometimes people just need to be bitched when it's approriate.
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:44   #8
lanepratt
AV revoked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venture View Post
It needs to be done, sometimes. However, I thought that group had some very well respected members.
They claim to have respected players, really its just young guys and kids who think they are amazing from there video's they post.. If you ever go to a big game in the states and ask a team about GMR there response will most likely be negative
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:45   #9
lanepratt
AV revoked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
Was there a reason? Sometimes people just need to be bitched when it's approriate.
This was all that was released on reasons why.

"Unfortunately, we have a team that refuses to follow even the most basic rules and shows total disrespect for our VIPs, staff, and other players. This teams utter lack of respect towards our military personal and VIPs over the Memorial Day weekend Operations left us no other option but to ban them. We try to work with all of our teams and players. We do not ban teams from our operations without great debate and numerous attempts at intervention.

After repeated violations and warnings, the team known as The Green Mountain Rangers are banned from all OLCMSS functions. All players who have registered under that team name or are associated with them are banned from all OLCMSS functions. Any player who ends their association with said team may appeal to have their ban lifted and be moved to probationary status pending deliberations by our staff.

All other teams or individuals that wish to follow in the footsteps of the Green Mountain Rangers by disrespecting the rules, players, staff, VIPs, and themselves are given notice that we will not tolerate such behavior at our Operations."
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:57   #10
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
World: "What's the diagnosis doc, what's wrong with me?"
Doctor: "Well, you see world, you have a cunt overgrowth, and its getting quite serious from the looks of things..."

Posted it to another thread, but its fitting here.

Ultimately some of these issues may only be related to a small set of individuals within GMR, however its up to the guys within GMR that are honorable to step up and stop the shit causing the bad reputation or leave the organization to protect their own.

This said, I don't know any of their members nor have I played with any of them. I have heard mixed things about them, and of course seen some of their videos containing some questionable things, but I guess this puts the icing on the cake for a lot of the shit-stories going around about them. Anyone in their ranks with a clue will vacate immediately and find another team to game with.

Its a shame, you would think that such a prolific team would keep discipline tight and control the level of fuckery afoot within their ranks.
Old May 27th, 2013, 20:15   #11
BennyBoy

Quote:
Colonel Danny R. McKnight was a distinguished military graduate from Florida State University in 1973. He graduated with a B.S. in Management, then completed the Infantry Officer Basic Course, Airborne and Ranger Schools.

Colonel McKnight was assigned to the Mountain Ranger Camp in March 1974 where he served as a company Executive Officer and Instructor. Upon completion of the Infantry Officer Advance Course, he served in Korea as a Battalion Adjutant and was Aide-De-Camp to the Commanding General, 2D Infantry Division.

Following the Korea tour, Colonel McKnight returned to Fort Benning where he served as Aide-De-Camp for the same General officer who was the Commanding General at Fort Benning. While at Fort Benning, he was assigned to the 1st Battalion 58th Infantry (MECH) where he commanded Company C for 22 months. Next he was assigned as an assistant professor of Military Science at the University of Florida ROTC Department. While at the University, Col. McKnight earned his Masters degree in higher education and administration.

He then attended Air Command and Staff College at Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama. Following this, Col. McKnight returned to Fort Benning where he served as the Adjutant, 75th Ranger Regiment; S3, 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment; and Executive Officer, 75th Ranger Regiment.

Col. McKnight departed Fort Benning for Schofield Barracks, Hawaii where he commanded 4-27th Infantry for 19 months. Upon his return from Hawaii, he assumed command of 3rd Ranger Battalion on 11 February, 1993 where he commanded for 17 months. He then attended the U.S. Army War College at Carlisle Barracks, PA. After graduation from the War College, he was assigned as the Senior Adviser at the 29th Infantry Division, Fort Belvoir, VA. He then assumed duties as the Deputy Chief of Staff, Training, First U.S. Army, Fort Gillem, GA. For 2 years.

Col. McKnight's final assignment was as the Chief of Staff, First U.S. Army, Serving for 19th months before retiring on January 1, 2002.

Operation Lion Claws series was founded in 2002 with support from US Army Ranger Col. (ret) Danny McKnight and Vietnam veteran LRRP Sgt. Kenn Miller with Col. McKnight continued to support the series by lending his Somalia experience to create Operation IRENE.

When I first approach Col. McKnight about having him at the event as an American hero, Col. told me that it's not possible. Col. McKnight told me that by addressing him as a "hero" that he and I already fundamentally disagreed...

"I'm not a hero, my men who gave their lives in Somalia were the real heroes." Col. McKnight insisted on honoring those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, but not him.

We are extremely grateful to Col. McKnight who graciously affords us two weekends a year to pay tribute to service men and women; one at our event flagship, Operation Lion Claws, the other one at Operation IRENE, an op that's very close to his heart.

Col. McKnight and the other event VIPs took the sport of airsoft from illegal street games to highly respectable tactical challenge experiences on military installations.
Seems like a good guy... we need more info!
Old May 27th, 2013, 20:18   #12
pugs144

Why?
Old May 27th, 2013, 21:05   #13
Danke

Green Mountain Rangers; aren't they the guys from youtube who had the door kicking purse fight?
Old May 27th, 2013, 21:28   #14
Reignman
Hammburglar

Send a message via MSN to Reignman Send a message via Skype™ to Reignman
Speaking for myself in regards to an incident that directly involved myself and another team mate at the time at Fort Drum, I believe OPP 5. One of the GMR guys attempted to fight me and another over some questionable non hit calling when they breached a room.

He took off his vest, gun etc and got in my face. Me being the smarter of the two, chose not to engage in a fist fight on a military installation and chose to get game control instead. They were later banned from Blacksheep Milsim games.

I respect their training and their hard work, however actions of few speak for the rest.

Can't say I'm not happy to see it happen. In the end it's better for all.
Do you really think all 322 spots will sell out in a single day
Old May 27th, 2013, 22:03   #15
w1lp33

Train all you want, when you act like retards pretty soon you'll run out of places to put that training to use.

I had interactions with gmr as well last year at pine plains, personally I'm happy to see them go. Gear and YouTube videos don't make you good airsofters, honor and sportsmanship do, and gmr has neither.

I mean, unless you think squad leaders telling their guys who got hit to "don't worry about it, keep shooting", and guys yelling at the people hitting them "keep shooting me, waste your bbs" is the kind of behavior that benefits airsoft games...
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General