Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

(KSC Sig P226r System 7) how do I use this gun?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 11th, 2010, 04:57   #1
HelloKitty

(KSC Sig P226r System 7) how do I use this gun?

Normally for my other GBB pistols, you put the loaded magazine (bb's and gas) into the gun, then rack the slide back and you're ready to fire.

I tried doing that with the Sig Sauer and the gun didn't do anything when I pulled the trigger. I had to cock the slide back first before putting in the mag to make it work ...what am I doing wrong?
HelloKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:01   #2
L473ncy

Maybe a stupid question but is the safety on?

Otherwise from my quick google search there's apparently some sort of "firing pin block safety" thats activated by the trigger mechanism (not sure if it can only be implemented on the real steel though).

If that doesn't work you should ask yourself whether it's worth it to fix it or if it's easier to return it (RMA) to the retailer you purchased it from to check it out (or a local gundoc).
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:42   #3
RacingManiac

No external safety on a SIG, not having seen the striker/hammer mechanism on a KSC SIG, maybe the striker got pushed up by the valve and when you rack the slide the striker can't reset?

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 23:15   #4
HelloKitty

The weird thing is that the gun fires fine as long as you leave the slide locked back, then insert the mag, then release the slide. It has to be in that order, I can't first insert the mag, then rack the slide.

I've included some pictures at the decocked/resting position, I noticed the hammer doesn't seem like it's going back all the way?

Old May 11th, 2010, 23:32   #5
andrew5826

i THINK that ksc and kwa have 3 hammer positions. when you decock the hammer, it not suppose to go all the way back.
andrew5826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 23:34   #6
Amos

.. Sounds like you're forcing 1 to many BB into the magazine..
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 23:37   #7
HelloKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew5826 View Post
i THINK that ksc and kwa have 3 hammer positions. when you decock the hammer, it not suppose to go all the way back.
So it's just suppose to be in that resting position? I thought it was suppose to return fully like most other GBB pistols.
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:11   #8
Kos-Mos

When it is in that postion, it is safe. You have to cock the hammer (not the slide) fully backward then fire. When you fire, the hammer will normally go all the way down then the slide will cycle it back up.

The gun is not supposed to do that by itself. Check the left side near the slide, there is the decocking lever there. Maybe it is jammed or you hit it by accident (it is not a slide release or mag catch)
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 13:21   #9
Qlong
Division

I have a brand new System 7 USP that does the same thing, I haven't played around with it too much to do anything about it.

Weee!
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:03   #10
HelloKitty

UPDATE*

I thought I fixed the gun yesterday by taking the slide off from the lower receiver and lubing the knocker pin with silicon. After putting the slide back on, I was able to shoot in all modes. I was able to insert the magazine, then rack the slide, pull the trigger and it fired properly.

Today I was shooting it again for fun (expecting no issues since it worked last night after some lube on the knocker pin), but this time a new problem arose, but it seems like it's tied to one of the magazines and not the gun itself. I have two magazines. One of them works properly with no issue whether I rack the slide first before putting in the magazine or not.

The second magazine however is having some issues. I would insert the magazine, rack the slide, and pull the trigger and to my surprise the hammer falls/moves but the slide doesn't move at all.

With this problematic second magazine, I sometimes I hear a whimper of gas escape when I pull the trigger, but it's not enough to blowback the slide. If I keep pulling the trigger it sometimes will blowback and cycle, but then quickly return to the defunct state where pulling the trigger only makes the hammer move, but the slide doesn't move at all.

I inspected both magazines to see what was different about the second one, but there is no discernible difference that I can tell. They look identical with similar wear patterns. What gives?

Last edited by HelloKitty; May 13th, 2010 at 01:09..
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:36   #11
Kos-Mos

Have you bought a magasine used?

If so, there might be a high flow valve installed. The stock hammer spring might not be strong enough to open it. That is why we usually install 150% spring sets.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 20:01   #12
HelloKitty

Nope, I bought it from UNcompany and it came in retail packaging. I'm thinking the valve is stock since it looks identical to the other mag that came with the gun.

That makes sense that if it's not a hi-flow causing extra resistance maybe the valve is harder to depress because something is causing it to stick harder than it should.

Hmmmm I might just drip some silicon in that area and let it sit for a few days face down so gravity can let it seep into it.
Old May 14th, 2010, 09:13   #13
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
No external safety on a SIG, not having seen the striker/hammer mechanism on a KSC SIG, maybe the striker got pushed up by the valve and when you rack the slide the striker can't reset?
I always think it's funny that nobody seems to know where the safety is on a Sig P226/P229...

Team Mandrills
MrBond is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion