Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Cansoft KWA G36 Cylinder Head Issues

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 1st, 2010, 01:08   #1
Darklen
Administrator

Cansoft KWA G36 Cylinder Head Issues

I just replaced a cylinder head on a Cansoft KWA G36C for a client. The entire front nozzle blew right out of it. The client says this is the second time this has happened. First time, he sent it back to CAS for repair. I've replaced it with an Area 1000 V3 aluminum cylinder head.

Anyone else having issues with the KWA G36's or other KWA AEG's like this? I've only seen this once before, in a CA M15 about 3 years ago. Busted right out of the box.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 21:46   #2
SLEEPUR

Cylinder Head

Yes I have the M4 Tactical...very happy with it so far..I did however have a complete compression loss the day and upon cracking the box to I found the cylinder head nozzle broke completely away from the cylinder. I have hummed and hawed about swithching it out for aftermarket but after talking to KWA and finding out that the canadian version was most likely made with the older cylinder head version which was made up of separate parts. The tech told me that the USA cylinder head is a molded one piece design, so I have decided to try the KWA cylinder again keeping it stock. The compression when functioning properly is unbelievable so why $^%& with a good thing. I have also ordered other KWA replacement parts just in case.
SLEEPUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 22:37   #3
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I very highly suggest not using area 1000 parts, it's like the systema cheapo line. Use name brand systema or prometheus parts
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 23:00   #4
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I very highly suggest not using area 1000 parts, it's like the systema cheapo line. Use name brand systema or prometheus parts
Plus five million.

Using Area1000 parts to fix something that's broken is basically guaranteeing repeat business.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 22:06   #5
HaZarD SFD

Getting a KWA G36C with the same problem.. stock cylinder head is busted.
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:44   #6
Azathoth

I've had 5-6 of these so far sometimes the busted cylinder head takes out the tappet plate. Also have told users to send some back to CAS. I recommend you stock or keep on hand extra CH.

Replace with TM or basically anything else. CH is something that should never break, and as for area1000 there is nothing wrong with it.

Did yours have a bore up ported cylinder? The ones I most recently worked on did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2010, 19:54   #7
kalnaren

I think the same thing just happened to mine. Brand new, less than 1,000 rounds through it. The nozzel wobbles excessivly so I'm guessing this is the issue. I'm going to open it tomorrow and find out.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2010, 22:02   #8
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
I think the same thing just happened to mine. Brand new, less than 1,000 rounds through it. The nozzel wobbles excessivly so I'm guessing this is the issue. I'm going to open it tomorrow and find out.
I don't know you that well but did you do anything to the gun before the nozzle broke. In all of my G36 problems. I now believe that it was the users that broke the cylinder heads by improperly taking the lower off the gun. In all cases they where not aware that they should push the hopup unit up and into the barrel before pulling the lower free from the body.

Did you break it without taking the gun apart?
Quote:
---
Old April 19th, 2010, 02:47   #9
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Plus five million.

Using Area1000 parts to fix something that's broken is basically guaranteeing repeat business.
You're saying a solid metal cylinder head is going to break?
.....riiiiight.

Darklen, I'm sure you already know but that Area1000 metal cylinder head will be just fine. I assume the other ones used were metal bases with plastic nozzles, or just not all one piece etc?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services

Last edited by Styrak; April 19th, 2010 at 02:56..
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 12:01   #10
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
I don't know you that well but did you do anything to the gun before the nozzle broke. In all of my G36 problems. I now believe that it was the users that broke the cylinder heads by improperly taking the lower off the gun. In all cases they where not aware that they should push the hopup unit up and into the barrel before pulling the lower free from the body.

Did you break it without taking the gun apart?
I just did a barrel swap, reinstalled the barrel correctly. I've owned a CA G36 for quite a few years so I'm familiar with the breakdown.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old April 19th, 2010, 18:26   #11
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
You're saying a solid metal cylinder head is going to break?
.....riiiiight.

Darklen, I'm sure you already know but that Area1000 metal cylinder head will be just fine. I assume the other ones used were metal bases with plastic nozzles, or just not all one piece etc?
KWA has a plastic cylinder head body and a metal nozzle. The metal nozzle is held in place during the manfacturing process. Basically the metal nozzles snaps free of the plastic body.
Quote:
---
Old April 19th, 2010, 18:58   #12
kalnaren

I took some pics of mine, I'll upload them later. I'm currently fighting to get the mechbox closed again... apparently it doesn't like a standard V3 cylinder head.

Quote:
Old April 19th, 2010, 19:59   #13
kalnaren

Pics

Sorry 'bout the quality. Not enough light for the point-and-shoot to focus.

Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner