Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Kwa usp 45 vs kjw m9

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 24th, 2010, 13:42   #1
aledek

Kwa usp 45 vs kjw m9

I'm very interested for buy one of this gun but I want to know what you think about that and if the extra cost of the KWA is justified and the quality of customer service from velocity arm and buyairsoft.

Link :

KWA USP 45 https://www.buyairsoft.ca/pistols/gas/kwa-usp-45.html
KJW M9 http://www.torontoairsoft.com/produc...id_product=126
aledek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 13:52   #2
juicy

KWA USP's are great - way better than KJW M9 quality. I own Cansoft KWA USP's and a FMU KJW M9; the quality of the KWA is much, much better. KJW's low tolerances allow for highly reliable operation, but much poorer performance.

My best advice - wait until you're 18. Then get the KWA USP (note that magazines are much more expensive, especially overseas - but the Cansoft prices are good for the KWA mags).
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 14:01   #3
aledek

ok tank you. Just want to know if capital airsoft will have back in stock soon.
Old January 24th, 2010, 14:17   #4
baker_Jeff

Are you 18? I do have one in stock now, but you'd better be of Age or Canada Post won't deliver it to you.

Jeff

Out of the Game 04/22/16
baker_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 14:20   #5
aledek

I'm 18 i have already buy a m4 from velocity arm. I'm just not age verified.
Old January 24th, 2010, 17:39   #6
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

KWA USP are reallly niceeeeeee!!!!! the NS2 internals will last longer and reduce the cooldown....
Old January 24th, 2010, 18:48   #7
juicy

+1 to buying from Jeff, if you are 18. He gets things shipped out really quickly - Jeff/Capital Airsoft has things packed up and out the door in way less than 48 hours, every time, without a doubt. Velocity Arms... not so much.

Back on topic, either is still a great choice - it really just depends what you want from a sidearm. KWA's NS2 system allows for rapid firing all rounds, with gas to spare and practically no cool down. KJW's M9 is cheaper, and accessories are easier to find and available from many different retailers/manufacturers as compared to a KWA/KSC USP. Note that KJW mags tend to develop leaks - if you're wanting out of the box consistent performance and reliability, I'd say go with KWA USP's - but that comes at a few bucks more (if you're not intending to use your sidearm much, this maybe isn't such a good thing). However, if you enjoy fiddling around with things and taking things apart to fix them, the KJW M9 allows for that - not to mention that the M9's are available with different backstrap shapes and with integral rails in the dust covers.
Old January 25th, 2010, 09:05   #8
Ragboy

I own a kwa usp .45, and i have to say it is a really nice.

The advantage of going with KWA is that this gun is made to be used and abused while still performing. Plus the ns2 system makes the internals particularly performant and very gas efficient: on a good day you can shoot four mags on a fill.

The only thing i can think of that might dissuade you would be the fact that the grip is a little big, so beware if you have tiny hands.

Except for the grip, i'd say the kwa is your gun, because i'm a very difficult guy when it comes to guns, and i'm very very very happy!
Ragboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 09:12   #9
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Trade off with the cheapness of the KJW guns is if a part breaks (they do), you are screwed for buying a replacement part. Best option you could hope for would e someone selling an identical gun for parts since they broke something too.

Go with the KWA, it's almost as good as KSC, and KSC replacement parts generally fit the KWA guns.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 19:58   #10
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Trade off with the cheapness of the KJW guns is if a part breaks (they do), you are screwed for buying a replacement part. Best option you could hope for would e someone selling an identical gun for parts since they broke something too.
So true. I've been looking for a certain part for my KJW for more than 2 years. The gun is a beast, but impossible to fix.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 20:18   #11
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
So true. I've been looking for a certain part for my KJW for more than 2 years. The gun is a beast, but impossible to fix.
Just curious - what broke on yours, Kalnaren?

And so to summarize - KJW M9's are okay, provided that you don't have a lemon. KWA USP's work better out of the box, but don't allow much room for customizing/improvement on performance. Did I miss anything?
Old January 25th, 2010, 20:21   #12
kalnaren

Slide lock pin.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old January 25th, 2010, 20:28   #13
WhiskeySix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Have you tried emailing KJW? I've emailed to get a replacement outer barrel, and they replied within two days with the part number, and cost with shipping. The email I used I got from their website:

kjworks@ms47.hinet.net

If you have a parts diagram and know the specific parts number, it's even easier.

They only accept paypal for overseas orders.
WhiskeySix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 20:28   #14
juicy

Meaning... your slide lock busted itself up? Part 92B-61?

If so, perhaps an aftermarket slide lock might work? I dunno, like a Guarder one is cheap - but on second thought - its made by Guarder... but then again, its only $19 USD from eHobby or whatever. There are also a few others out there that I saw (not on eHobby), can't remember who made them or where I saw them cataloged.
Old January 25th, 2010, 20:40   #15
kalnaren

Thanks for the help -wrong gun though, mine's a P14.45. I've been told both the TM one and WA one are the same. The WA one seems different and the TM one seems hard to find.

Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion