Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Info for playing?

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 21st, 2010, 08:32   #1
GMoney

Info for playing?

Good morning everyone,
As I am brand new to this sport of Airsoft, and I am planning on attending a local game here in NS next month, I'd let to get some of the ground rules down on playing airsoft while on the field.
Can anyone recommend a good site? Or thread on this forum that describes rules and things during the game?
Obviously I know if I am in a game and I get hit, I raise my hand and say "Hit!" or "I'm out" or something like that
GMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:58   #2
m102404
Tys

There's at least one thread stickied at the top of the Newbie Tank that has some info on doing exactly what you describe.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=88238
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 09:20   #3
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
There are some "standard rules" that everyone usually goes by, but all rules are up to the organizer of the game.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 09:26   #4
GMoney

Awesome, thank you very much. I also just checked out Wikipedia and they have a little bit of a helpful section for the game.
Thanks again
GMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:57   #5
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Most game threads have specific rules posted for that particular game, if you are unsure of anything ask the game host to clarify for you
Old January 21st, 2010, 12:13   #6
Danke

Read up first of course, lots of good source material here. Then get in touch with the local folks running the game. Make sure you'll have all the gear you need like proper eyewear and the like. Then at the game ID yourself as new and see if there is a player or group that will take you under their wing hands on.

Some places will have a bleed out rule where you like on the ground when you're hit, others will have medics, and so on. That makes it hard to guess what the flat out rules will be here in this thread.
Old January 21st, 2010, 12:23   #7
Lawdog

The most important rule, particularly for a first game is bring your sense of humour and have fun. People will understand you are a noob and hopefully cut you some slack.

Ld
Lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 13:22   #8
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
The most important rule, particularly for a first game is bring your sense of humour and have fun. People will understand you are a noob and hopefully cut you some slack.

Ld
With that said however. First impressions matter.

It's OK to be a bit ignorant and ask questions the first few games until you get the hang of it but make an attempt to learn and listen.

The first rule though is FUN (next to safety of course). Whether it's at a milsim game or a quick half hour scrim people go to play have fun and relieve the stress of work.
Old January 21st, 2010, 13:37   #9
TechSeller

I am in the same boat as the OP and what you guys posted is helpful. Is it worthwhile or even possible to observe a local game first... to get a sense of how it goes down, what to wear, safety issues etc?

Hard to believe at my age i am a noob at anything but this is defintely the case. Is there a seniors league? lol

North Trail Sports - Mora, Motorola, Puxing, Fogtech & More! / Our ASC Retail Thread

Last edited by TechSeller; January 21st, 2010 at 13:44..
TechSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 15:02   #10
Outcast569

Send a message via MSN to Outcast569
Best advice I can give is DO NOT TALK when people are explaining the game. Too people assume they know whats going on all the time. Leading to game issues and a bad time for then and others. Best bet it to listen to everything and always ask that little question never know it could prevent you from making a big mistake.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank