US Airsoft Store

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 9th, 2010, 16:22   #1
Yankee
NessMcCool

US Airsoft Store

Hi guys,

I've been planning to do a trip in the US, and I might stop at a shop to see what a "true official airsoft shop" looks like.

Anyone of you guys know a good one that's not too far from Montréal?

Thanks a lot.
Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 16:53   #2
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

http://www.thewarstore.org/

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 18:27   #3
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NessMcCool View Post
Hi guys,

I've been planning to do a trip in the US, and I might stop at a shop to see what a "true official airsoft shop" looks like.

Anyone of you guys know a good one that's not too far from Montréal?

Thanks a lot.
The "real deal" Airsoft store is in Kong wah street in HK and Tokyo Once you've been in the real stores everything else is like a dollar store wannabe compared to the real ones
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2010, 11:17   #4
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
The "real deal" Airsoft store is in Kong wah street in HK and Tokyo Once you've been in the real stores everything else is like a dollar store wannabe compared to the real ones
To be fair, those HK stores are really tiny but there are a lot of them so it's good because you can visit one store and another and bargain with the shops for the lowest price.

The US has some fairly big ones in California which are much larger like Airsoft GI.

Old January 10th, 2010, 18:40   #5
cerealmaniac

Send a message via MSN to cerealmaniac
i'd saw the ones in HK are the best ahaha. really really friendly ppl + you can bargain.

飛虎隊
NEED ANY OLD/USED AK/MP5 PARTS!PM ME!
Sales Thread Click Me
AEG sales thread
cerealmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2010, 19:11   #6
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealmaniac View Post
i'd saw the ones in HK are the best ahaha. really really friendly ppl + you can bargain.
Gotta be able to speak the language though to get the best deals

Anyone know if it's better to deal in Mandarin or Canto? Mandarin gives the impression that you're a high roller and they might bend over backwards to make a sale but then they expect you to be a high roller and that's not always desirable (cause they might overcharge you in the first place anyways, and any bargaining you do just brings it down to the "regular" price). I dunno just a theory, I've never been to HK myself and the closest I get to that kind of asian culture is like Aberdeen and Yaohan centre which is a walk in the park compared to how they do things in HK so I'm told.
Old January 10th, 2010, 19:18   #7
aZn_triXta07

Property doesn't cost as much as it does in HK especially with all the overcrowding, to have a fairly large store in Kwong Wa is gold, besides would you rather goto 1 mid-sized store or an ENTIRE street full of airsoft shops? Plus you'll find stuff that isn't available anywhere else & don't forget US prices are
generally higher
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2010, 19:23   #8
cerealmaniac

Send a message via MSN to cerealmaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Gotta be able to speak the language though to get the best deals

Anyone know if it's better to deal in Mandarin or Canto? Mandarin gives the impression that you're a high roller and they might bend over backwards to make a sale but then they expect you to be a high roller and that's not always desirable (cause they might overcharge you in the first place anyways, and any bargaining you do just brings it down to the "regular" price). I dunno just a theory, I've never been to HK myself and the closest I get to that kind of asian culture is like Aberdeen and Yaohan centre which is a walk in the park compared to how they do things in HK so I'm told.
ahaha. thats just the layer cake. u'd be better off in HK with canto. speaking fluent mandarin just indicates you're a mainlander and the general population usually disrespect them. but ye i was there 2 summers ago and a TM mp5A4 was merely $900 HKD with battery. The salesperson was super chill about telling me more about them... while eating his lunch.definitely worth it to make a trip to the gun street in mong kok if you're in HK already.

飛虎隊
NEED ANY OLD/USED AK/MP5 PARTS!PM ME!
Sales Thread Click Me
AEG sales thread
cerealmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 00:07   #9
EagleDriver

In the Los Angeles area, you have Evike (4,000 square foot showroom), Airsoft GI, Airsoft Extreme, Airsplat, and a few others. They are not, however, close together, as stores in HK would be.

I can't really think of any good sized stores on the US side of Montreal ( I haven't been to the War Store, so I can't really comment on it at all.), so I would say your best bet is to either travel a little farther, or have someone meet you at an OP like Pine Plains near Watertown, NY, with what you want to buy.
EagleDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 01:41   #10
Ayashifx55

that's freaking nice. I would die to go to just visit one!!
Old January 11th, 2010, 23:14   #11
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleDriver View Post
In the Los Angeles area, you have Evike (4,000 square foot showroom), Airsoft GI, Airsoft Extreme, Airsplat, and a few others. They are not, however, close together, as stores in HK would be.

I can't really think of any good sized stores on the US side of Montreal ( I haven't been to the War Store, so I can't really comment on it at all.), so I would say your best bet is to either travel a little farther, or have someone meet you at an OP like Pine Plains near Watertown, NY, with what you want to buy.
warstore is ok, airsoft gi is better but if you want to blow your wad and wallet i highly recommend you visit any stores in kong wah street in HK. On my last visit 4 yrs ago i managed to put $6700 CDN on my credit card plus the $12,000 hkd i had in my pocket, if my fiancee was not there i would have dropped more, but shit did I ever get a lecture on the way back home and especially on the plane.
Old January 11th, 2010, 23:40   #12
L473ncy

^^^

And you managed to NOT get your CC cancelled (or at least flagged)? Wasn't 06 around the time that CC fraud and ID theft was the big news maker? Wow.

Must have been hell on the plane though. How many hours was the flight back home?

Also how exactly did you bring it all back home? And more importantly how did you do that with only accessories and non-prohib parts? Wouldn't customs have been like "WTF?" even if they were all non-prohib? Remember this was also back when 9/11 was fresh in peoples minds too.
Old January 12th, 2010, 09:26   #13
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

Quote:
^^^

And you managed to NOT get your CC cancelled (or at least flagged)? Wasn't 06 around the time that CC fraud and ID theft was the big news maker? Wow.

Must have been hell on the plane though. How many hours was the flight back home?

Also how exactly did you bring it all back home? And more importantly how did you do that with only accessories and non-prohib parts? Wouldn't customs have been like "WTF?" even if they were all non-prohib? Remember this was also back when 9/11 was fresh in peoples minds too.
Plenty of people carry back recievers and disassembled guns from HK and abroad on planes, we just don't speak about it here I wouldn't do it since my grandmother is on a customs flag list for carrying something stupid as prohibited meat or fruit or something back from HK so they get their luggage checked every time they fly. Not worth that bother for airsoft if you get caught.
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:05   #14
wildcard

Quote:
^^^

it was actually 05, the plane ride back was hell but at least I got what I wanted and looked for especially some rare stuff. No issue with the CC it was all legit purchase.
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:18   #15
EagleDriver

Maybe we should host an "airsoft expo" in HK, and we can all meet up and spend money on airsoft.
EagleDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion