Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Camouflage Question

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 10th, 2009, 03:08   #1
Deaf_shooter

Camouflage Question

Do Games accept this type of camouflage? it is hunter camouflage. This camouflage is called: ASAT or All Season All Terrain which company claim that Camouflage work anywhere. They produce this suit for people who play Airsoft and/or paintball. got this suit for $50 on sale (1/3 of normal price). Company still sell this suit at this price.

They use theory as Why most animals in forest is brown instead green. more description in link

Link to company: http://www.asatcamo.com/

Last edited by Deaf_shooter; February 28th, 2010 at 00:43..
Deaf_shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 03:17   #2
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Unless specified in game threads, or by the game host or wherever, I dont see why not. Most standard skrims will allow you to wear whatever you want. Most milsim events will have camo restrictions, so as long as you are not in violation of the game rules, I wouldnt see why not. Best to ask the game hosts of the event you would like to attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 03:20   #3
Deaf_shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
Unless specified in game threads, or by the game host or wherever, I dont see why not. Most standard skrims will allow you to wear whatever you want. Most milsim events will have camo restrictions, so as long as you are not in violation of the game rules, I wouldnt see why not. Best to ask the game hosts of the event you would like to attend.
Though they maybe are against Hunter camouflage
Old March 10th, 2009, 03:26   #4
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Have you asked them yet? Until you do, dont rule anything out unless its already stated.

Ive gone to games wearing nothing but jeans and a t shirt, and I have gone to games where I saw someone asked to leave because his vest was of the wrong colour and refused to comply with wearing a differant vest and caused a huge scene and basically told the host to fuck off.

Depending on the host and how strict the camo rules are, wear whatever you want. So when signing up for a game or what have you, ask to see if you can use it if its not already mentioned.

BTW: This should be in the gear discussion, not Airsoft Guns Discussion

Quote:
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Old March 10th, 2009, 03:28   #5
Deaf_shooter

well, thank for information.

well I don't know how to move this thread to gear discussion
Old March 10th, 2009, 03:35   #6
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

You cant, only a mod/admin can. Just letting you know for future reference.

Quote:
Old March 10th, 2009, 03:40   #7
Amos

Nope. You can wear whatever you want in Manitoba

You'll just be placed on teams accordingly.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:09   #8
Skladfin

well you see, people associate more with shape than colour when distinguishing humans apart from vegetations.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:49   #9
Danke

You can ask yourself a few questions like, will it really blend in with my local terrain regardless if the guy selling claims it will. Then you can wonder, why do they have to discount it so much to move it, is it any good?

Then as Amos said you'll show up in it and get to participate in the good old picking of teams. They don't do that in school any more I think so you'll either experience the joy of being the last guy picked, or be lumped in with the other freak camo crew right at the start and repeatedly mowed down during the day.

For Manitoba, plain green works OK in the spring. I'm sure you can find some of that and then once you've played a bit you'll get an ideal of what will work best for you and where you play.

What you can get now is nice set of boots. Grab up a couple hundred bucks and get some real ones. Brown is the current style.

I just did their little gallery on the site. Guys you don't need the circles to show where the dude is. I'm sure it would work great against animals, but for humans no way.

Last edited by Danke; March 10th, 2009 at 11:59..
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:09   #10
coach
aka coachster

games I've been too the differentiation has been either brown vs. green, digi vs. analog. or dark vs. light.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 14:07   #11
Deaf_shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
You can ask yourself a few questions like, will it really blend in with my local terrain regardless if the guy selling claims it will. Then you can wonder, why do they have to discount it so much to move it, is it any good?
They make this suit, Leafy ASAT suit on sale, while rest stuff isn't on sale. what u see is only items ASAT company put on sale.

Quote:
I just did their little gallery on the site. Guys you don't need the circles to show where the dude is. I'm sure it would work great against animals, but for humans no way.
ASAT said that there is actual proven evidence that Deer see white/black. So, ASAT more make for Hunter than airsoft player. Try look at image black/white. This is what Deer suppose to see accord to Theory

Quote:
What you can get now is nice set of boots. Grab up a couple hundred bucks and get some real ones. Brown is the current style.
or buy cheap boot and custom tape with ASAT cloth on it ($4) and tape it on boot, even rifle if u want.

Last edited by Deaf_shooter; March 10th, 2009 at 14:09..
Deaf_shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 14:11   #12
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
cant recall where i read it but hunting camo (or at least some of it) is designed for more stationary use and movement will make you very visible

granted im not a huge hunter and dont study hunting camo patterns so i might not be 100% accurate apologies if that is so
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 14:42   #13
Porkchop

Send a message via ICQ to Porkchop
ASAT is the Multicam of the 80s

Cry "Haddock" and let slip the hounds of Beer
[-brought to you courtesy of Salamander Army -]
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 14:44   #14
Deaf_shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSF-Bowers View Post
cant recall where i read it but hunting camo (or at least some of it) is designed for more stationary use and movement will make you very visible

granted im not a huge hunter and dont study hunting camo patterns so i might not be 100% accurate apologies if that is so
well, what u said is true because they use picture than color for pattern so if u move, u can ruin surrounding.
Old March 10th, 2009, 14:50   #15
Danke

It's been a few years since I've been in the peg, but the deer are armed now?

If they are not armed, are not hunting you, and do not play airsoft then why use camo that only works on them?

The boots are not to hide your feet but one of the most important pieces of kit you'll ever own. You'll need solid support when running, crawling, etc through the undergrowth and the like.

If you're out all day they need to be light, breathable, and water resistant. If you're indoors you still need that support. Wrapping your gym shoes in rags isn't going to cut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf_shooter View Post
They make this suit, Leafy ASAT suit on sale, while rest stuff isn't on sale. what u see is only items ASAT company put on sale.

ASAT said that there is actual proven evidence that Deer see white/black. So, ASAT more make for Hunter than airsoft player. Try look at image black/white. This is what Deer suppose to see accord to Theory

or buy cheap boot and custom tape with ASAT cloth on it ($4) and tape it on boot, even rifle if u want.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion