Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM m4 ris $150 pawn shop buy

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old May 2nd, 2008, 22:56   #1
kershaw

TM m4 ris $150 pawn shop buy

Hey ,I bought a tokoyo mauri m4 ris at an east vancouver pawn shop for $150.00.
Any how since I have no instructions for it I am curious on how to remove the battery pack that looks like a laser designator and somehow putting the battery inside the gun.
Anyone got any insight on how to do this?
Anyhow it shoots through both sides of a cardboard box and completly through beverage cans, is this normal or did I get luck and this thing is upgraded?
kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 22:58   #2
SDS_ShooterMcGavin

Send a message via MSN to SDS_ShooterMcGavin
Wow well luck is definetly the word if you picked up an actual TM M14 for 150$.

Sounds like somebody put a PEQ on a M14 but to each his own... Anyways im no gun tech but I THINK the gun has to be completely re-wired back to the stock of the gun...

To find a M14 for that cheap in the pawn shop(If it is in fact a TM), I bet it was stolen and pawned.

"Were not that good... Everybody else just sucks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
Flaming a guy on his question, no matter how stupid it sounds, is to me not a professional way helping out nor answering the guys question.
SDS_ShooterMcGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 23:02   #3
kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS_ShooterMcGavin View Post
Wow well luck is definetly the word if you picked up an actual TM M14 for 150$.

Sounds like somebody put a PEQ on a M14 but to each his own... Anyways im no gun tech but I THINK the gun has to be completely re-wired back to the stock of the gun...

To find a M14 for that cheap in the pawn shop(If it is in fact a TM), I bet it was stolen and pawned.
its an m4 not a m14, yeah its a tokoyo mauri, I just don't like the battery pack on the handgaurd.
Can I put the battery anywhere else its an 8.4 volt mini made by tokoyo mauri?
Old May 2nd, 2008, 23:05   #4
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Someone pawned an M4.... that's stupid! Good thing you took it out of reach of every day thugs.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 23:05   #5
xsnipes

m14? you got an amazing deal. The TM m4 ris retails for close to 600+ new. Which pawn shop did you go to?
xsnipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 23:09   #6
kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnipes View Post
m14? you got an amazing deal. The TM m4 ris retails for close to 600+ new. Which pawn shop did you go to?
I don't remember the name but it was near -----and hastings, some russian guys run it.
Anyhow anybody have any idea on how to power this thing without that unsightly external battery compartment, god thats an eyesore.

Last edited by kershaw; May 3rd, 2008 at 20:18..
Old May 2nd, 2008, 23:09   #7
Skladfin

you guys really don't really read do you...
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 23:10   #8
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
you guys really don't really read do you...
+1

Lol 2 people think it's an M14.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 23:22   #9
xsnipes

you can get the regular tm fore grip and rewire it to accommodate the battery inside the fore grip. Not sure but you might not have to rewire it.
xsnipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 23:30   #10
kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnipes View Post
you can get the regular tm fore grip and rewire it to accommodate the battery inside the fore grip. Not sure but you might not have to rewire it.
great, do I have to stay with 8.4 volt or could i run 9.6 volt in it without ''burning'' it out?
Old May 2nd, 2008, 23:56   #11
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
Someone pawned an M4.... that's stupid! Good thing you took it out of reach of every day thugs.

Maybe someone stole and pawned an M4 you never know. They may not have had any idea what they were getting rid of.

The M4 RIS comes with that ugly faux PEQ laser box that houses the battery.
Essentially thats required to house the battery unless you opt for using a custom lipo pack, however there are risks to using lipo batteries that I wont go ino here. Any ways since the gun is front wired you can, as someone suggested, pick up a regular M4 front end and then use that to house your battery in the foregrip. With that option though, you will loose the rails. You can always find a gun doc from your area and have the gun rewired to rear and opt to install a full stock or crane stock of some form. You could run the gun on a 9.6 but you will get a fairly high ROF which just lead towards wearing out the gun a litte bit quicker than normal. If the gun is truely stock Id advise to leave it that way. In the front end of the gun attached to the barrel you should find a fuse housing, that should protect your gun from a burn out atleast. Find yourself a nicer not as ugly PEQ online and continue to use the gun as is, its the cheapest method.

Shooting through the box and bother sides of a can seem to be on par for a stock gun. Did you attempt to shoot through the bottom of a coke can?

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 00:03   #12
kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Maybe someone stole and pawned an M4 you never know. They may not have had any idea what they were getting rid of.

The M4 RIS comes with that ugly faux PEQ laser box that houses the battery.
Essentially thats required to house the battery unless you opt for using a custom lipo pack, however there are risks to using lipo batteries that I wont go ino here. Any ways since the gun is front wired you can, as someone suggested, pick up a regular M4 front end and then use that to house your battery in the foregrip. With that option though, you will loose the rails. You can always find a gun doc from your area and have the gun rewired to rear and opt to install a full stock or crane stock of some form. You could run the gun on a 9.6 but you will get a fairly high ROF which just lead towards wearing out the gun a litte bit quicker than normal. If the gun is truely stock Id advise to leave it that way. In the front end of the gun attached to the barrel you should find a fuse housing, that should protect your gun from a burn out atleast. Find yourself a nicer not as ugly PEQ online and continue to use the gun as is, its the cheapest method.

Shooting through the box and bother sides of a can seem to be on par for a stock gun. Did you attempt to shoot through the bottom of a coke can?
thanks for your input,i think i'll go ahead and replace the rails with a standard front end.
where could i buy that?
I see this model sells for $570 at 007 airsoft, considering this thing is fairly new and has a green laser,bipod and a knock off eotech I think I made a good investment.
This is my first airsoft by the way

Last edited by kershaw; May 3rd, 2008 at 00:07..
Old May 3rd, 2008, 00:09   #13
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

This forum has a used parts section where both new and used parts are listed by the users of ASC. Alternatively you can order one from any retailer across the world. Reliability on certain retailers has been revieweds, be sure to use this websites search option to see if you can find a review on a retailer you may want to use.

To save you sometime, I will list a few.

Ehobby Asia
Ebay banned
WGC
UNcompany
Redwolf

These companies are all outside of the coutry, but you shouldnt have any issues importing a front handguard. Feel free to use another company if you wish, after all its your gun.

Be sure to research what will fit, and be ware of lower end companies as their quality control is not always the greatest and you may end up with a piece of garbage.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 00:16   #14
kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
This forum has a used parts section where both new and used parts are listed by the users of ASC. Alternatively you can order one from any retailer across the world. Reliability on certain retailers has been revieweds, be sure to use this websites search option to see if you can find a review on a retailer you may want to use.

To save you sometime, I will list a few.

Ehobby Asia
Ebay banned
WGC
UNcompany
Redwolf

These companies are all outside of the coutry, but you shouldnt have any issues importing a front handguard. Feel free to use another company if you wish, after all its your gun.

Be sure to research what will fit, and be ware of lower end companies as their quality control is not always the greatest and you may end up with a piece of garbage.
Wow, your pretty helpful Ill look over these places tommorow, hey is there any upgrades people do to this paticular model or is it fine just the way it is?
Old May 3rd, 2008, 00:18   #15
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Lucky you man! I agree with T7, he beat me to it. You have a couple options, if you want the rails for a foregrip, bipod, accessories, what not, get a crane stock or battery bag for the rear stock and just rewire to the rear. Benifits of this is you can use a large battery back to handle potential future upgrades, more ROF/Power, ect.

Or as stated, keep it front wires, get a regular handguard set, which are super cheap and require no modifications to use, just remove the ris, and your good to go.

Either options is good, and I agree with you, UGLY PEQ BOX!!!!

did I mention your a luck bastard?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications