Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Beta Spetsnaz Conversion Kit

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 22nd, 2008, 18:50   #1
Communist

Beta Spetsnaz Conversion Kit

Hey there. I've been looking at a few new kits, I'm really interested in buying a new Classic Army Para AK, but am on kind of a tight budget for airsoft right now, so I'm not too hot about how much upgrading it will cost. I already own a TM Beta Spetsnaz, with plenty of internal upgrades on it. But I'm getting pretty bored of it, even with all my external accesories.

I was browsing Red Wolf Airsoft today and spotted a couple purdy conversion kits for the Marui AK. Here's one of them: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=21902

My question is, will I be able to use this for my Beta Spetsnaz? Or is it's compact shape unable to have this conversion?

Last edited by Communist; February 22nd, 2008 at 18:57..
Communist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 19:06   #2
~Bodkin~

You won't be able to get that kit across the border because of the metal body. Sorry, but no dice.

"Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for I am the meanest son-of-a-bitch in the Valley."
~Bodkin~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 19:11   #3
ColtFarmer

Send a message via MSN to ColtFarmer
To answer your question, yes it will work with the beta, you'll need an inner barrel as well.

It will also be a hassle to import, and probably end up costing as much as just buying another AK in country.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 21:21   #4
Crunchmeister

As already said, there's a metal body involved, so you can't import it. You may be able to get someone to import it for you, but expect to pay at least 3 times that much for it here in Canada. So as ColtFarmer said, you could probably buy a used metal AK in country for about the same amount. They pop up in the classified section all the time. If you're over 18, get age-verfied and you can browse the classified section.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 14:09   #5
Communist

Import

Thanks for the responses.

Importing won't really be a prob. for me though. I have a place near Spokane, Washington that I visit once and a while to see old buddies and participate in local skirms. I can try to order it from there and hope it comes on time, but will I have problems getting a metal bodied aeg back across the border?
Old February 23rd, 2008, 14:11   #6
Brit ter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Communist View Post
Thanks for the responses.

Importing won't really be a prob. for me though. I have a place near Spokane, Washington that I visit once and a while to see old buddies and participate in local skirms. I can try to order it from there and hope it comes on time, but will I have problems getting a metal bodied aeg back across the border?
Kiss it good-bye if you try!
Old February 23rd, 2008, 14:20   #7
Communist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit ter View Post
Kiss it good-bye if you try!
Damn. Guess I'm screwed, or just have to wait to gather enough $$$ to spend on the import expense. May cost as much as a new weapon, but at least I won't have to worry about uprgrades for it....
Old February 23rd, 2008, 14:22   #8
Brit ter

You would have no prob. taken it over ,you,ll jest never be allowed to bring it back into Canada
Old February 23rd, 2008, 16:00   #9
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit ter View Post
You would have no prob. taken it over ,you,ll jest never be allowed to bring it back into Canada
Oh, he can try.
If he is lucky, he will get it through customs.

Buuuut.... if you are not, can you upload pictures of your car in 1000 pieces after they are done with it?
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 16:46   #10
Arthraxis
Schwag wannabe

Send a message via MSN to Arthraxis
If he's lucky? Everytime I've been through the border (about 15 times by now) they haven't searched my car. I'm not suggest you try to smuggle it, I'm just explaining my experiences.
Arthraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 18:34   #11
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by made Man View Post
Oh, he can try.
If he is lucky, he will get it through customs.

Buuuut.... if you are not, can you upload pictures of your car in 1000 pieces after they are done with it?
We'll have to wait till he's out of jail in order to get that pic of the car in 1000 pieces though.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 19:48   #12
ancorp
AK Guru

FYI it will not fit a Beta Spets. The handguards and metal front end are too long. What you can do is redrill the outer barrel to sit out farther (if there's enough excess length internally), as well as preferably get a longer inner barrel.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications