Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TSD VSR10

:

Reviews

Old January 17th, 2008, 17:04   #1
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

TSD VSR10

Ok another cheap weapon that most will classify as crapsoft. I picked up the TSD VSR-10 or SD700 to give it a try for the price. The version I got did not come with a scope or bipod. It can come in Black, wood, or OD. I got the black.

First Impression
The box seemed kind of small but upon opening it I realized the gun came disassembled which was fine. The rifle looked ok although upon closer inspection the stock seemed to have that plastic shine like most lower to mid end airsoft guns due. Not sure how to fix this just yet.

The barrel section was metal and damn heavy which is nice. It also had a nice texture like it should. Sadly it comes with an orange tip which can be unscrewed to add a silencer or painted black.

The sling that came with it was total junk. Just throw it away or give it to some kid lol. Mine didn't come with a scope or bipod although it did come with two 30 round mags.

There is a rail on the top for mounting a scope as well as a rail underneath near the front for mounting a bipod.

Everything on this gun is metal where it should be.

The mags are kind of annoying to fill with BBs and even though it came with a speedloader, it doesnt have any place to actually fit to like it does with AEG mags. Once the mag is filled though press the mag release button and slap the mag in straight and you are good to go.

Function
When I first pulled the bolt back it surprised me! The box states the gun fires at 430-450 fps with .2s and mine shot at 430 fps for the 4 shots I tested it with! The gun does have the slight flaw with the blot having to be pushed the entire way forward or the trigger cannot be pulled.

I must say the loudest part of this gun is the cocking of the bolt. Whenthe trigger is pulled a very soft clack is heard and the BB starts flying.

The hopup control is located at the very end of the stock on the left hand side (like the MP5-SD6 hopup controls). With .2s my hopup is all the way down and the BBs are still flying up so .25s are recommended.

Accuracy
Cant really test this until I get a bag of .25s and a scope although at 100 feet with .2s I have to aim 1/2 an inch below the bullseye with the end of the barrel to hit it dead center.

EDIT: Well I took it out anyways and I will say this, out of 30 shots 3 went flying off to the left or right about 4 inches but that is due to the BBs, and the went were straight on just a little high due to being only .2s. At least 150 feet, I can hit a head sized object usually within my first shot or two and that is without sights of any kind.

I'll edit this again when my scope arrives in a week. If I could find a cheap bipod that hooks to a rail Id be really happy!

TM Compatibility
This I havent been able to try at all since no one around here has a TM VSR that I can borrow. If someone has a cheap TM VSR mag they want to sell me please let me know so I can at least try that.

Overall
so overall for the $213 it cost me shipped to my door I cant say that Im disappointed in it. Just like the Kraken AK this would be a good starter weapon. I dont expect the internals to be as high quality as TM but with a springer, there arent too many to worry about.

Last edited by Drache; January 18th, 2008 at 14:02..
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 19:28   #2
enigmahack

Send a message via MSN to enigmahack
Thanks for the review!

Maybe posting pics would help the interest a little? Sounds like a fine deal if you ask me, and if you had a spare scope/mounts, that's next to nothing to pay for a reasonable rifle
enigmahack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 19:40   #3
matt491

Where'd you get it from? buyairsoft?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
It will help to not get you flamed here, and will help you get a job that doesn't require the repeated use of the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"
matt491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 20:20   #4
Drache

I got the last one (VSR without scope) in stock from buyairsoft.ca, came out to $213 after shipping and took just over a week to get to me because of ordering it just before a weekend.
Old January 17th, 2008, 20:22   #5
Skladfin

there are no compatible silencer for this gun, not that I can find unless you make a custom one.

the barrel is 20mm clockwise on the inside of the barrel, not the outside.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 20:34   #6
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
there are no compatible silencer for this gun, not that I can find unless you make a custom one.

the barrel is 20mm clockwise on the inside of the barrel, not the outside.
ok that just sucks...
Old January 17th, 2008, 23:05   #7
Skladfin

ya it reallly does, I just got mine today too.

Im gunna do an overall review in a couple months.

By the way, do you know what this spring that it came with is for?

It was in the same plastic bag as the screws you use to screw in the barrel assembly to the body.

it's working fine without it right now.
Old January 17th, 2008, 23:07   #8
Drache

the spring I believe is a spare for the mag release button....

if you look inside it seems to be the same size and type of spring....

So Skladfin, I take it we got the last two black no scoped versions then?

Also, it seems that the buttpad is glued on, can you confirm this? And do you know of a good way to get rid of the real plastic feel to the ABS? Someone suggested a spray on bedliner for pickups and I was thinking more emery cloth and a can of Krylon.

Last edited by Drache; January 18th, 2008 at 00:01..
Old January 18th, 2008, 00:12   #9
Skladfin

painting really isn't my profession so I wouldn't know =\

One other review said that you could ply open the butt plate and insert weight in it, I will try this soon.

I got the Scoped version. The scope is a JBU 40mm 3-9X scope. with protective lenses.

And ya, I was suspecting that it was a spare for the mag release.

the shipping was pretty fast, only took 3 days to get here.

Last edited by Skladfin; January 18th, 2008 at 00:15..
Old January 18th, 2008, 01:10   #10
Skladfin

nevermind, just found a thread adapter for VSR-10 for 20mm clockwise ones.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=16342

can't wait to get one.
Old January 18th, 2008, 01:21   #11
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
nevermind, just found a thread adapter for VSR-10 for 20mm clockwise ones.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=16342

can't wait to get one.
I'll be ordering one it looks like monday if they are in stock!

EDIT: ok after almost ordering it I noticed the final price would be $31 US! Looks like I wont be ordering one any time soon....

Last edited by Drache; January 18th, 2008 at 01:30..
Old January 18th, 2008, 14:04   #12
Drache

Well I bought a scope just like the one linked to below except I paid 1/10 the price and it should be here in a week. Mine was cheaper because it was an even cheaper close and had illuminated crosshairs instead.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=50861

I also updated the accuracy section as well!
Old January 19th, 2008, 12:40   #13
Skladfin

that's a really small scope you know that... the objective lens is quite tiny =\.

anyways, I've disassembled the gun and reassembled it twice. And it's a major pain in the ass, so I recommend whoever has the gun to NOT disassemble it, ever.

Thank you.
Old January 19th, 2008, 12:59   #14
Drache

Yeah I dont plan on taking the gun apart unless its the same way it was shipped and no further. Yeah I know the scope is small, I didnt want some huge scope on top of the rifle, something small enough to play with and no more.
Old January 20th, 2008, 16:27   #15
Drache

Ok I didn't like the shiny plastic look so I sanded it down and a team mate and I painted it. Damn it made a GIANT difference! You load in the mags that looked the same as the gun originally did and you can see the change! I'll be posting pics later!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews