Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

care and matinence for airsoft guns

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 19th, 2007, 16:42   #1
your-pastor

care and matinence for airsoft guns

hey im just wondering if anyone who has purchased a G&P CQB-R would be willing to run me through their routine from when they:
take it out of their gun case, shoot it, and put it back.
like everything that you do, like silicon oil, battery assembley and so on, thanks!
Old October 21st, 2007, 23:07   #2
your-pastor

tm p90, suggestions?

hey, im thinking of getting a p90 as my newb gun, then upgrading later (as in this time next year) to the g&p m4 cqb-r, can anyone please give me a quick runthrough of your routien from when you take it out, shoot it, and put it back? and also, suggestions for upgrades are always welcom, thanks!
pastor
Old October 21st, 2007, 23:26   #3
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Upgrades will be for your taste as you progress and play, so I will not go into those here. Over time you will read and learn through experiance what you wish to have in your AEG.

As for basic maintenance. Clean your barrel after every use with the rod that is supplied with the gun, and every so often apply a few drops of silicone oil up the feeding hole where the mag inserts and squeeze off a few dry fires afterwards. Aside from that, the rest is something that should be left up to a gun doctor. If there is more you can do. Im sure someone will elaborate.

Most of the information I have mentioned here is already in our website in other threads, please take sometime to habe a look around.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 23:35   #4
dodger_me

also puting a drop or 2 of silicone in the barrel will keep it shooting accurate so long as you remove the excess by firing a couple of bb's also i have heard lubing the gears on the hi-cap is a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andrew. View Post
turns out i had to take the battey out of the stock and charge it right from the battery wire..not the wire that connects to the gun
dodger_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 23:45   #5
ProbeJax

I always turn down the hop up whenever I finish using it, but I think this should be applied to all AEGs. The RDS version's sight adjustment tool actually wears down pretty easily, due to being made of plastic, and the adjustment piece being made of metal. Mine is fully worn, so I can't adjust it. You might want to look into a light or laser. Marui made the box retarded, they had the gun sitting in the box so that the rail was facing inwards, so if you get an attachment, you have to take it off or not fully close the box. Also, you might want to look into the different sling solutions for the P90. There's the Stargate 1 point style harness, or you could do what I do, and use a three point, using only the back sling mount. You can also get a sling mount for the front barrel. A silencer could be added, though I'm still undecided about how it looks on mine. Get a short thin one, I made the mistake of getting a long, chubby one. Also, apparently high cap magazines are hit and miss, so you'll only get a good one if you're lucky, or if you're willing to take the time to properly maintain it constantly and fix it's issues. The low caps looks really nice though, with the dummy 5.7 bullets in it. When you load the mag in, I like to think there are two parts to it. When the back "hook" on magazine locks in place, and when the entire magazine is down. When you feel the "hook" lock, take your hand off of the magazine and give it a gentle tap with the bottom of your fist, and it should lock in place properly. Be careful not to do this too hard too often, as it'll wear down the circle where the mag connects with the gun. The right emergecny sight might crack slightly, as it did on mine, and on some other people's, but it's hardly noticeable, and I doubt you'll use the sight anyway. And there's always the left one, I guess.
ProbeJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 23:48   #6
ProbeJax

That was for the P90, not the CQBR^
ProbeJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:48   #7
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

if you haven't shimmed the gears in the CQB-R, do so ASAP, from what I've seen G&P doesnt shim their gears very well at all and this can lead to a broken bevel gear very easily.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 15:11   #8
arman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger_me View Post
also puting a drop or 2 of silicone in the barrel will keep it shooting accurate so long as you remove the excess by firing a couple of bb's also i have heard lubing the gears on the hi-cap is a good idea
nice i have a hicap problem that might help

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 20:15   #9
your-pastor

thanks guys, ive read a lot, but im just wondering if anyone had additions to what is obvious, seems its pretty simple, any suggestions on types of grease or silicone? oh and also, can anyone reccomend a good bb brand,with my stupic clearsoft im using .12 crossman pellets, and they're pretty accruate, but i know that i have to switch to .2g with a good gun. oh, one last thing, i just sent the order off for my p90, wish me luck!
Old October 26th, 2007, 20:31   #10
Mr. G36!

Location: Beautiful Thunder Bay, where dreams become nightmares!
Make sure you use good quality BBs. If they have seams and shit like Crosman BBs do, you could wreck your hop-up and scratch your barrel.
Mr. G36! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 21:52   #11
kalnaren

DO NOT use .12. They will totally rape your gun. Right now I use BB bastard .25's in my G36 (MS100SP). Not any more range than standard but way more accurate.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 23:00   #12
your-pastor

little pices of plastic can "rape" my gun?thats bad news, maby i should start using quality ones on my clear soft guns aswell hahaha
Old October 30th, 2007, 01:05   #13
Pip

Send a message via MSN to Pip
The seams on crappy BB's will rip your hop-up rubber and chew up your barrel....i remember hearing a while back about them breaking in half as well depending on how bad they actually are. Stay safe and don't fuck your gun bu buying shitty quality BB's. You will also benefit performance wise as well, greater acuracy as well as better range. So all in all....buy good BB's and you won't have stupid problems in the future.
Smelly troll is smelly.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 11:10   #14
shifty51

keeping with the tune of .12s, I have opened an ICS M16 that only shot .12s for around 2 seasons, and the barrel had minor scratching, the hop-up wasn't bad, but the cylinder and gears were cooked. The way it seems to me, the lighter bb's are so light that its like dry firing it. This mechbox was so bad i just put the gun back together and called it a day.
Old October 30th, 2007, 17:12   #15
your-pastor

lol yea, one time i actuly baught ones from dollar store semi aouto spring guns( kinda hinarious actuly) just for fun, tried em out on my a-15 clearsoft gun and they expanded in the barrel! i have no idea why but whatever...

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion