THIS is ironic...

:

General

Old September 25th, 2006, 07:44   #1
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
THIS is ironic...

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...s.html?ref=rss

...but they can take your toys away. Go figure.

(Yes, I know it's not a 'general airsoft' topic, but it seems poignant to post this here)
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:17   #2
Droc
meh. I dont think they should have guns. Honestly, its not a solution.
But I do think they should have an armed response team avaliable to deal with nasty situations.
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:59   #3
spacemoose

I feel they're justified in doing so.

In a way our border gaurds are the front line defence for our country. How are they supposed to defend us from an armed threat? throw a stapler at him/her?

Thank the good man that the conservatives are finally giving them the guns they need.
spacemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 12:16   #4
shadow1911
Banned

Send a message via MSN to shadow1911
Border guards should have the same equipment at there disposal as the police do.

What good is having some one guard a border if they do not have the proper equipment to do it effectively. Academic exercise.

If I am an armed aslant and they go to search my car. I am going to pull out my 45 and blow the guard away. Then just drive on. And to put to the point nothing can stop me. I got a gun. They cant kill a man with a gun with out a gun.

Minimum they should have a pair of snipers per point that can take out armed assailants if need be. One with an anti material rifle to take out engine blocks. The other with a decent sniper that can get threw glass and kill.

Up until now I thought border guards were armed with c7s and military grade trained.
shadow1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 13:59   #5
Luckyorwhat

Droc you realize that they are peace officers right? Besides the natural right that every human has to defend themselves, they work in an environment that is dangerous, and have that reason to be armed too.

Seriously, it doesn't strike you as odd that the border guards are defenceless? Not a tiny bit? Unarmed border guards? To me it's too unbelievably stupid.

The only reason they aren't armed is because it's Liberal 'policy', but not law. They're human beings, they're in danger, they're peace officers. 3 reasons they should be armed.
Luckyorwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 14:39   #6
seekah

Send a message via MSN to seekah
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1911
Border guards should have the same equipment at there disposal as the police do.

What good is having some one guard a border if they do not have the proper equipment to do it effectively. Academic exercise.

If I am an armed aslant and they go to search my car. I am going to pull out my 45 and blow the guard away. Then just drive on. And to put to the point nothing can stop me. I got a gun. They cant kill a man with a gun with out a gun.

Minimum they should have a pair of snipers per point that can take out armed assailants if need be. One with an anti material rifle to take out engine blocks. The other with a decent sniper that can get threw glass and kill.

Up until now I thought border guards were armed with c7s and military grade trained.

that would be a snipers nightmare, im not a pro, but I know that they would have no vantage point, they would need to know each and every make and model to get an idea where the block was. they would have a hell of a time making sure they can get the driver, without hitting passangers, or other civies around the car.
no offenc, but thats the worst idea I have ever heard of, its just not possible
Old September 25th, 2006, 15:49   #7
AV8RJOE

I work right across the street from a major border crossing. Looking at some of the people they employ, not to mention the summer students they use, I wouldn't arm HALF of them. Thay would have to be even more vigilant in their screenings before they start handing out sidearms.
AV8RJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 16:14   #8
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1911
Minimum they should have a pair of snipers per point that can take out armed assailants if need be.
I'm sorry, but that is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Bar-none.

I think my idea is better. Let's just put two soldiers, a medic and two heavy's on each side of the road just incase. Heck, let's throw in a pyro just to be on the safe side.

Would -YOU- try to smuggle anything if there were two of these bad-boys on the road?

Snipers... fuck that, you'll just be called a sniper-whore and people wouldn't want to come to your server anymore. Err.. I mean, country.
Old September 25th, 2006, 16:16   #9
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
meh, just put towers with 6's or 9's in them
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 16:33   #10
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Throw in a couple scouts and nail-guns for good measure.

Snipers... at the border... what the hell
Old September 25th, 2006, 16:48   #11
Luckyorwhat

That's almost as silly as having anti-materiel rifles in the towers at max jails, to shoot vehicles of escaping prisoners. Oh wait, they do have those...

I would probably be easier to have a spike strip that folds into the road, though. Car runs the checkpoint you pop up the spikes. The sidearms would be for personal protection.

"AV8RJOE I work right across the street from a major border crossing. Looking at some of the people they employ, not to mention the summer students they use, I wouldn't arm HALF of them. Thay would have to be even more vigilant in their screenings before they start handing out sidearms."

Well clearly inferior specimens such as them deserve to be dead then. Don't know why they don't just accept it, instead of demanding the tools to defend their lives. After all the major precept of a free society is that 'we know what's best for you', or was that Stalinist Russia...
Luckyorwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 16:58   #12
Shugart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyorwhat
"AV8RJOE I work right across the street from a major border crossing. Looking at some of the people they employ, not to mention the summer students they use, I wouldn't arm HALF of them. Thay would have to be even more vigilant in their screenings before they start handing out sidearms."

Well clearly inferior specimens such as them deserve to be dead then. Don't know why they don't just accept it, instead of demanding the tools to defend their lives. After all the major precept of a free society is that 'we know what's best for you', or was that Stalinist Russia...
How the hell did you connect arming retards with Communism?

So you'd let a paranoid schzo run around with a Mac 10 because NOT allowing him to have one makes the country communist...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah Arendt
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thucydides
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.
Shugart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 17:42   #13
thephenom

If a terrorists or some known criminals were driving across the borders, would their cars be the biggest weapons instead of some small tiny 9mm?

If that was the case, a border guard carrying a glock would be pretty useless. Perhaps they should be issued RPGs? :???:
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 17:50   #14
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
Wow. Never meant to start a flamewar.

I just saw the BC border guard issue on the news this morning, and thought it was quite the 180 degree spin from being busy confiscating airsoft stuff.

I don't blame them in the least for walking out. I've been sent to a hot zone before with no weapon. I won't do it again. I'm sure these guys have to deal with some real winners going through the border. And I've never seen an unarmed border guard on the US side...
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 18:38   #15
Maelstrom

I think my favourite is the skytrain cops with guns. heck they won't even stop a mugging outside of a skytrain station and they have a track record of excessive force in beating people who don't resist. yet they need guns?

I would rather the border guards be armed than the skytrain cops.
Maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General