Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Not there yet but looking for some ideas.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 23rd, 2006, 14:54   #1
Frosted_Cold

Not there yet but looking for some ideas.

Well like the title says. Im not old enough yet (im 14) but i used to own a lot of airsoft guns when i lived overseas in china and man let me say they were what made my life fun Well ill be turning 16 in 2 years... and i always wanted to get an airsoft gun since i left china.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what be a good gun. Im manily looking for a sniper rifle.

Also, you cant perchuse unless your 18 right? well can i get my parents to purchase it for me? and is there any legal documentation involved?

Thanks,
Frosted
Frosted_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 14:57   #2
firemachine69

Come back in four years.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 16:08   #3
Fidget11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosted_Cold
Well like the title says. Im not old enough yet (im 14) but i used to own a lot of airsoft guns when i lived overseas in china and man let me say they were what made my life fun Well ill be turning 16 in 2 years... and i always wanted to get an airsoft gun since i left china.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what be a good gun. Im manily looking for a sniper rifle.

Also, you cant perchuse unless your 18 right? well can i get my parents to purchase it for me? and is there any legal documentation involved?

Thanks,
Frosted
well even if you did get your parents to purchase it for you the odds that you would have anywhere to play are slim, simply put most teams and fields wont let you play at all until you are 18.

also for a first time player a sniper rifle (although it may seem cool, and you may pwn at counterstrike) is not a good weapon. snipers in airsoft are a very limited group because the performance of most airsoft sniper rifles is not that much more than a normal airsoft rifle.

so like it has already been said, wait for the 4 years and come back then
Fidget11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 17:33   #4
Greylocks

You cannot play most anywhere until you are 16 (fill your profile better, Canada is big).

You cannot purchase ANY kind of airsoft until you are 18.

If your parents purchase one for you, they have to be right there anytime you use the gun.

All you need to know is in the Information section. Please start reading.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 20:19   #5
BloodSport
Traveling Man

whats funny is that you state that you have owned a lot of airsoft guns, but are asking for opinions on a gun.... does your so called experience from owning a lot previously not help?

But as already said, in Canada you need to be 16+ to play with a parent present (where permitted as some areas are 18+ only), and 18+ to buy and own one.
Old July 24th, 2006, 13:46   #6
Frosted_Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseowl
whats funny is that you state that you have owned a lot of airsoft guns, but are asking for opinions on a gun.... does your so called experience from owning a lot previously not help?

But as already said, in Canada you need to be 16+ to play with a parent present (where permitted as some areas are 18+ only), and 18+ to buy and own one.
I see what your getting at but the guns i owned were pistols. I had one rifle that sucked cuz it was made outta plastic that cost around $50 Hong Kong Dollars which is aobut $10 canadian. The rest were just steel pistols.

Thanks for everything guys.
I guess ill come back in 4 years
Frosted_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 15:57   #7
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Ah kk.

Feel free to keep browsing the forums and learnign all you can though, there is a ton of reviews and threads on here about which gun is the best and so on. Use the time wisely and once you are of age, you should have no problems getting what you want and need.
Old July 24th, 2006, 20:00   #8
Fidget11

i started looking into airsoft when i was 15, hell i was 19 before i played my first game.....
Fidget11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:08   #9
Kacey

About the: you have to be 16+ to play airsoft and have a parent there. I just recently turned 16, i was wondering if flagraiders lets you play airsoft when you are 16 without a parent. If not, can i get my brother to come with me?? It is impossible to get my parents because they are overseas working in Hong Kong, and my brother is my guardian becuase he is 22. Thank you!
Kacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:22   #10
Greylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacey
About the: you have to be 16+ to play airsoft and have a parent there. I just recently turned 16, i was wondering if flagraiders lets you play airsoft when you are 16 without a parent. If not, can i get my brother to come with me?? It is impossible to get my parents because they are overseas working in Hong Kong, and my brother is my guardian becuase he is 22. Thank you!
1) Email the game hosts to find out their rules.

2) A brother is not a parent. He is not legally responsible for you unless a lot of paperwork to that effect was written down and checked by a lawyer.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:46   #11
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

The brother can be there watching you, but its the parents/legal guardian that has to sign the waiver. Flag Raiders does allow some minors to play provided they have shown maturity and responsibility towards the rules, have talked to a game host, and have a few of age players vouch for you so you wont fuck around on the field.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion