Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The Modern Soldier

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 9th, 2006, 15:06   #1
Amazing KG3

Send a message via MSN to Amazing KG3
The Modern Soldier

Its time I bought a new loadout, and im looking to go with the Modern Soldier technique. The near future sorta thing. I have a HK Xm8 modular rifle, and a full auto Glock. I was wondering what kind of camo print, or other gear i should use, anything really, Vest, holsters, Modular Vests, Helmets, hats, gloves, camel backs, the works. By the way i am well aware of Crye Precison and the muticam pattern, I really really want it, but its kinda expensive.
Amazing KG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 15:11   #2
Travdude

Well no one really knows what the soldiers of the future will wear. But since you live in atlantic canada and during spring or fall you should use Flecktarn or Multicam and summer Cadpat. This is only from what I have heard from players in Atlantic Canada. This my opinion so I could be wrong.
Travdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 15:20   #3
Amazing KG3

well, im not saying like laser guns in stuff, but what various militaries are experiementing with, such as a new rifle to replace the Armlite family. Ie, the XM8, the SCAR rifle, and other various things. And yeah, i really like the flecktarn too, but with cadpat, i can buy locally.
Old May 9th, 2006, 17:41   #4
Yuxi
Retired

What do you mean by 'modern soldier technique'?

Secondly, do you mean US soldiers or others? you talk about XM 8 so I will assume US.

If I should then take it to mean possible gear for future US soldiers, your out of luck, I mean you can not afford multicam, yet you want state of the art cutting edge gear. New and experimental gear always costs an unbelievable amount, if you can not afford MC, your out of luck.
Yuxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 21:00   #5
Amazing KG3

i can afford mutlicam, i would just rather save most of the budget for other things. And im not talking uniquley US, though the bulk of the information I found was about them. I was thinking more like, Ghost recon futuristic, with like a integrated Heads up Display Monicle, or a new type of camo, or goggles. Just whatever people have seen. Heres an example.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/736/73...g_2777483.html
Old May 9th, 2006, 21:05   #6
Travdude

The soldier appears to be wearing multicam. The intergrated Heads up Display Monicle, if real would cost almost as much as a car if it were available to the public. Multicam and your XM8 is as futuristic as you can get at the moment.
Travdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 21:40   #7
Iceman

Send a message via MSN to Iceman
actually, ironically, the XM8 is not really 'futuristic' since its production has been cancelled. But then again, its still 'Futuristic'.
Old May 9th, 2006, 21:45   #8
Yuxi
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing KG3
i can afford mutlicam, i would just rather save most of the budget for other things. And im not talking uniquley US, though the bulk of the information I found was about them. I was thinking more like, Ghost recon futuristic, with like a integrated Heads up Display Monicle, or a new type of camo, or goggles. Just whatever people have seen. Heres an example.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/736/73...g_2777483.html
Your specifications are just way too vague. You need to at the very LEAST cite a specific country you want. Nearly all countries have development programs for new equipment, but you need to give us names for us to be of help.

If you just want to be like that picture in the video game, yeah, we can help you, just a heads up, the main rig he is wearing is for government purchase only. Second, I am not sure if that is a real helmet, it might have just been invnted for the game, at least afaik.
Yuxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 22:46   #9
Amazing KG3

Well thats the thing, if your vague, you get a broader response, and a more variety of answers. The ghost recon fatigue is an example of course, i already know what the whole load out is, and its not fully possible because of the government purchasre on the chest rig. I used it as an example of "futuristic". And if its dire that i be specific, well than Western Europe, preferballt germany, France, or UK. But US is good too. Like i said, im not picky i just want input. By the way here is the loadout of the Ghost recon soldier, note that the helmet isnt real, nor is the modular rifle.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old May 9th, 2006, 22:50   #10
Amazing KG3

actually the helmet is a prototype from artisent, hard to find info on though. I also found stuff on the FFW, futuristic something something or other.
Old May 9th, 2006, 22:57   #11
Grim Fandango

Send a message via ICQ to Grim Fandango Send a message via MSN to Grim Fandango
So uh do you want modern or futuristic? If you want a modern US soldier, just get some ACU and use an M16 or any armalite.
Grim Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 23:23   #12
Amazing KG3

the term modern, i mean in the near future, i think thats how the terms used. The prototypes of things that could be in service in the next few years.
Old May 9th, 2006, 23:25   #13
Droc
either this:

or this:
Old May 10th, 2006, 00:03   #14
Amazing KG3

ha ha ha, that was a zinger. I hate star trek, and is that mad max or something?
anyways i appreciate the "input". I guess the Hud is out of the question, besides the point that it would probally be completley trivial t ocivilian use anyways. I guess its multicam by the sounds of it. Any suggestions for a chest rig, vest or helmet? Or are yuo just going to suggest i buy the storm trooper outfit.
Old May 10th, 2006, 00:12   #15
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
For the helmet

:innocent:
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion