Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

mech box woes

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 5th, 2006, 13:43   #1
funnyman

Unhappy mech box woes

hey guys,
well, ok, so my mommy told me i had to open up the mech box or i would have to go to my room. or while trying to uncover the cause of a jam, i was a damn moron and popped it open myself. if you believe the first story, please proceed to nearest mental institution and have your head examined. if you believe the second story, please continue to page 2 and try to help my retarded ass.

PAGE 2

ok, so at least all of you are sane. yeah, i'm pretty dumb for disassembling the mech box. but lets let bygones be bygones and try to figure out how to unscrew myself. i have an airsoft elite mp5a5, and in the past few weeks it started to have problems. not your average jamming(like bob marley if you must) or hopup issues. it shot straight as an arrow and never jammed a single bb. then one day it just stopped firing and made this sound like a jammed motor. it was basically a grinding sound followed by a click. so i figured it was probably a stuck gear or something similar. i proceeded to check every single part of the gun, leaving the gearbox for the grand finale. everything else checked out, so i took apart the mechbox, and believe me, it was a grand finale alright. so grand that my entire room received washers and springs. i recovered all of the pieces, but now i have no clue how to put humpty back together again. i am not even going to try, because one of the springs is shot, and i want to get it looked at by someone who knows the internals better. i can score a bullseye at 100 ft, but sadly i don't dabble in small mechanics, especially without a schematic. so, if any of you know of a solution, or could point me to someone who does, that would be incredibly helpful. also, if you have any idea as to what the original sound was, that would be great to know as well so that once i get this beast back in shape i can get that done too. feel free to email me at axel340band@yahoo.com. i really want to get this going again so that i don't miss out on any more opportunities to play(they are limited here as it was only recently legalized).
Thanks guys,
Alex Cowperthwaite
axel340band@yahoo.com
funnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 15:12   #2
GovernmentGrant

By NJ do you mean New Jersey? As in New Jersey in the United States?

If so, you might want to try some other forums for gun doctors on your side of the border.
GovernmentGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 15:12   #3
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Look local. Try this: http://www.njaoc.net/forums/
Old January 5th, 2006, 16:26   #4
funnyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyb
Look local. Try this: http://www.njaoc.net/forums/
thanks,
i am posting this on there as we speak!
laters,
alex
funnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 17:48   #5
Greylocks

At least you made this a bit more entertaining than most.

One of the seemingly stupid tricks of opening a mechbox the first time is to do it inside a large clear plastic bag. Then when all hell breaks loose, you can at least bring to bag to an expert and stand there red-faced.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 21:05   #6
JohnnyDo

Send a message via MSN to JohnnyDo
hehe .. or jsut find a guide on how to open a mechbox. .... then agian I can say that considering I read the guide after I spent an hour looking for my spring guide and bearings. lmao

but i learned my lesson and can now hold my head up high.
JohnnyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 23:28   #7
ze641

well.... might have done u good to research on it before u open it up urself.... or better yet, taken it to a local expert.

you could probably find internet guides on how to put it back together... believe me thats not fun, especially when u have to put the spring back in.

but you would be a lot better off to just find a local expert.
ze641 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner