Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Please Help. Mag / Feed issues?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 9th, 2017, 09:19   #1
Jchoi

Please Help. Mag / Feed issues?

Please help guys.

For some reason my gun won't shoot consistently at all in the first 30 shots of the mag or so but once right after that point the gun shoots like it's supposed to. Fires Straight, On target, Hop up is on. after everytime of reloading or even putting in a new mag, the first 30 shots or so is like droppers and / or dry firing... but once it pasts those shots its smooth... Any reason?

I've changed the Hop up unit (Tried Prowin, Ace1Arms, Stock VFC, MAXX) already to test... I've testing through 4 different sets of mags and they are all reacting the same (Modify Mags, Socom Mags, QRS, and even Hex Mags). My Gun is the VFC Avalon - Leopard

Please help. I don't know what else can be the problem. Gun is pretty upgraded inside already.

Edited: Added what hop up units i've tried and what gun it is for.

Last edited by Jchoi; November 9th, 2017 at 10:09..
Jchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2017, 10:20   #2
Maximus

Had a similar issue with my VFC Calibur recently. Was doing it with Lonex and Stock hopup, every mag I tried, even high caps.

In the end my problem turned out to be a loose air nozzle. If I took off the upper to expose the gearbox and the air nozzle, i could put my finger on the nozzle and it would move up and down and left and right about 1mm, lots of play and i'm not talking about it sliding back and forth. What was likely happening was the BB's from the mag were pushing the air nozzle up from the spring tension and not allowing it to align to the bucking.

Solution was to replace the Cylinder Head (not the nozzle) and add a stronger tappet return spring. On the new cylinder head the air nozzle would slide gently and absolutely zero wobble up/down or left/right.

To see if this is the same issue for you, sounds like it is, because once you go through 30 or so BB's the spring tension is significantly less and doesn't push up on the nozzle as hard. Take your upper off and just feel your air nozzle. It shouldn't have any play in it (up/down especially) what so ever.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2017, 11:19   #3
Fenrir92

Sounds like nozzle misalignment:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=169828
Fenrir92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 21:35   #4
Jchoi

Which cylinder head did you end up using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Had a similar issue with my VFC Calibur recently. Was doing it with Lonex and Stock hopup, every mag I tried, even high caps.

In the end my problem turned out to be a loose air nozzle. If I took off the upper to expose the gearbox and the air nozzle, i could put my finger on the nozzle and it would move up and down and left and right about 1mm, lots of play and i'm not talking about it sliding back and forth. What was likely happening was the BB's from the mag were pushing the air nozzle up from the spring tension and not allowing it to align to the bucking.

Solution was to replace the Cylinder Head (not the nozzle) and add a stronger tappet return spring. On the new cylinder head the air nozzle would slide gently and absolutely zero wobble up/down or left/right.

To see if this is the same issue for you, sounds like it is, because once you go through 30 or so BB's the spring tension is significantly less and doesn't push up on the nozzle as hard. Take your upper off and just feel your air nozzle. It shouldn't have any play in it (up/down especially) what so ever.
Jchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner