Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

airsoft sniper

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 27th, 2015, 13:23   #1
pmc010613

airsoft sniper

hey guys im looking into buying my first airsoft sniper rifle and was wondering what is a good starter rifle at a low cost but is upgradable looking for something under 250 and where i can buy
pmc010613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 13:34   #2
waylander

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=158804
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 13:35   #3
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Good for under $250? There's not really. $500 is a more realistic starting point, plus performance upgrades to make it shoot straight, so another few hundred plus. Even still, most properly tuned assault platforms will out shoot it.

No one on here is likely gonna recommend something that won't work properly, so you're kind of SOL on that. Also, we don't tell people who aren't age verified how/where to get guns. Please read up on the forum rules. If you get age verified, you may find a deal in the classifieds here.

You should read this:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=158804

If you're serious about being a sniper, then look into something like a TM VSR G-Spec. It's a good place to start, but will need a few upgrades for sure. Just like all worthwhile platforms.
Old October 27th, 2015, 13:36   #4
Ricochet

Way lander beat me to the link. lol
Old October 27th, 2015, 13:40   #5
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

You'd be better off with an AEG. With the indoor season heating up outdoor airsoft won't be active for a while. An AEG will offer all season gaming and a more useful (Read as fun) gun. At 250 bucks i cannot recommend any Bolt Action. But there are plenty of okish starter AEGs at that price for the budgeted airsofter. (Not everyone can afford l33t smooth opr8tr VFCs).

At 250 bucks the real issue is that most bolt action sniper style rifles don't out perform their AEG counter parts in any way and many or all the upgrades that are designed to make a bolt action rifle have any kind of advantage are for more expensive versions like for example the Tokyo Marui VSR-10 (NOT A CLONE AN ACTUAL TM WILL RUN YOU ALLOT MORE THAN 250) These have better manufacturing tolerances and perform more consistently. The bolt actions your referring to just get pinned down by the volume of fire put out my AEGs and cannot out range them.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 13:45   #6
pmc010613

ive been trying to get age verified since feb of 2014 ive contacted the proper people to get verified, but have got no response, i know they have other jobs outside this forum as i do my self. i have also read the forum rules and what not. im not looking to get an aeg i already have one.
pmc010613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 13:54   #7
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Under $200 you're looking at playing on super expert mode.
Now if you plan to upgrade one and that be your play style, you'll end up paying $900+ upgrading a rifle anyway, so your best bet is to push that AV thing and get a used fully upgraded rifle for around $600
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 13:59   #8
Ricochet

Can you tell us whom you contacted for AV and when? There will be dates on your PMs. Also, we just started updating the AV list, so there will be changes.

"Hollywood..." is the Ontario master rep, contact him for help.

^
Including the dots!
Old October 27th, 2015, 22:15   #9

Using scoped BA rifle in airsoft is completely different from using real one against people who are carrying automatics. It's not like you will get you extra 200 meters of range over AEGs in most cases. Using BA in airsoft requires certain mindset and it's mostly not about getting frags. Sure, for the most part you will be able to see the enemy from far away and warn your comrades but you won't be able to harm that enemy. Keep in mind that enemy force will probably also have scopes, maybe even mounted on automatics. Once they spot you it's all about saving your own ass, not about being useful to the team.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2015, 09:28   #10
marac

Sniper is a role, simply having a weapon doesn't make one. If you want a rifle just to shoot people, it's a wrong choice of weapon - as mentioned, it's airsoft. If you have patience and want to play sneaky dude, provide intel and get a couple good kills during the game, you can do that with an AEG as well. If you still want a sniper rifle, i'm beating a dead horse here but yes, expect to pay a good price, or you could end up with a sniper rifle shooting worse than your AEG.
marac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2015, 16:48   #11
Handsonic
"I like syrup on my blue waffles." #diseasedvagina

As others have been saying, $250 is far too low. There are actually really nice deals on the classifieds for snipers right now, so really push for that AV. Expect to pay close to a grand on your sniper.
Handsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank