Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

For any of you thinking of using airsoft guns in a Halloween costume...

:

General

Old October 29th, 2005, 14:37   #1
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Exclamation For any of you thinking of using airsoft guns in a Halloween costume...

... let me remind you that you may impress your friends, but enforcement officials may not like you too much.

We have a proud tradition of great costumes at my job, so I thought I'd go as a something in the lines of goth/zombie security officer. Nothing too outlandish, but I had my navy interceptor vest on me.

I also pondered what I should put in my holster.

Though I'm sure most people would have accepted the fact that it was Halloween (or in this case, almost Halloween) and wouldn't have raised an eyebrow, but I decided to play it smart and take a dollar store plastic gun repainted in a blazing red paint instead of siding a Glock.

That decision might have saved my life.

Late in the night I recieved a visit from a armored bank truck, and two armed security officers who came to refill the teller machine. They came in armed, more so than usual as one was weilding a shotgun in addition to his usual sidearm. They obviously didn't like what they saw in the store.

They seemed very cautious as you don't usually see a guy wearing nothing but black and armor behind a convenience store counter. I greeted them as usual but when I turned to greet another client they catched a glimpse of my holster.

I'm guessing that if they didn't saw the ugly red blob on my thigh, things could have gotten messy.

So please, don't forget that while it may be cool to walk around in full gear in public, some people may not be willing to take a chance when they see you.

Have a safe and fun Halloween!

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 14:47   #2
HGI

screw that i'm bringing both my aeg's and my shotgun + my glock for my side arm

I'm going to have a kick ass costume!!!
HGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 14:55   #3
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Um... and does your costume include genetic engineering to add two extra sets of arms?

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 15:07   #4
Dozer_01

Its called "Trigger treat." If the kids say "trigger" they get a bb in the forehead...
Old October 29th, 2005, 15:23   #5
HGI

Quote:
Originally Posted by surebet
Um... and does your costume include genetic engineering to add two extra sets of arms?

NO! It's going to be a super UBER 1337 costume!! I'm going to have all my camo on and all my gunz straped to my back. Ohh I got a cupple of those read nades that have the pyro taken out... I might bring them with me...

I'll post some PhOToS on tuesday !!!
HGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 15:33   #6
-Trooper-
a.k.a. Egria

lol, sounds cool. Just don't get booked by the cops

PURVEYOR OF FINE PARACORD PRODUCTS

www.beaconconceptsco.com

Click Here For ASC Thread

Team GHOSTS - G86
-Trooper- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 15:43   #7
Luger

Send a message via MSN to Luger
Maybe we'll see you guys on an eposide of "To Serve and Protect". Like the one I was watchig yesterday about Halloween and people getting arrested for having real swords as part of their costume.

Can't wait to see pics of your costumes...hope you don't get shot.
Old October 29th, 2005, 15:47   #8
mikasan

Send a message via MSN to mikasan
Quote:
I'm guessing that if they didn't saw the ugly red blob on my thigh, things could have gotten messy.
I highly doubt it... although I fully support the gist of your post and would whole heartedly agree that carrying airsoft in public in any circumstance is about the dumbest thing anyone can do.

Armoured guards are trained to retreat immediately and surrender cash without conflict. They are armed primarily as a deterrant and may only use deadly force in defense of their lives. No doubt your appearance (with holstered gun/toy) raised immediate concern, but all of their use of force training would have told them to quickly retreat from the situation and call the cops. If the police get involved that is an entirely different story.

Glad things worked out ok. Play safe.
mikasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 15:57   #9
firemachine69

Clear softair for Walmart. Not even coloured. If they can clearly make out the outline of a gun at twenty feet or more, and MAY confuse it for perhaps a real painted firearm, then that piece of kit is a no-go. Also, remember that unholstering at any point MAY be considered a hostile action, or hostile intent. Don't take it out unless EVERYONE is clear (meaning, only friends, no "friends of friends" whatsoever) that it's nothing but a cheap toy.

I plan on going as The Punisher.

Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 16:01   #10
The Saint

Quote:
Naw, you just had to throw your hands up really quickly and tell them in a sqeeky voice to just take the money, take all the money. Then point at the cash machine and call it your store's safe.

But seriously, yeah, airsoft and costums don't mix. Private party inside, maaaybe. Trick-or-treating or even answering the door? Not a good idea.
Old October 29th, 2005, 16:11   #11
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
LOL just watch someone has a working Mech Warrior and they get pulled over and the cop is like "do you have a licence for this mech?"
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 17:14   #12
ThePUNISHER

Send a message via MSN to ThePUNISHER
just an FYI everyone...some Law Enforcement Agencies including Toronto have had problems with guns being painted different colors and there is now a gun company in the states that will make your gun any color you want...gangs are using these and also painting their gun tips orange in order to try and get the cop to think twice...allowing the gang member to get the first shot...therefor it may be a bad idea to even use a toy gun...depending on the circumstances of the call the officer is on you may end up in a bad position
Old October 29th, 2005, 18:13   #13
fonyx

is it legal in Ontario to carry a silver bb handgun in a holster on my belt as part of my police officer costume ?

the bb gun will of course be safetied, no bb's inside, and holstered whereby only part of the silver handle will be visible.

I will be attending an adult halloween ball/party near downtown in a private members club.
fonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 18:22   #14
Luger

Send a message via MSN to Luger
Your best bet would be to keep the gun out of anyone's view until you're inside the party. Then you can put it on. It would be your best way to avoid problems.
Old October 29th, 2005, 18:29   #15
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
or just not bring it at all. I'm using a NERF arsenal.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General