Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Just bought my first aeg

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 1st, 2015, 22:14   #1
Eddie_m18

Just bought my first aeg

Well actually I bought a Tokyo marui g36c custom electric blowback. I'm super excited. Tried searching for what people on here thought about it but couldn't find much with the search feature. So any thoughts?
I really want a vfc scar l at some point as well
Eddie_m18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2015, 00:05   #2
Deejay2401

Far as I know about AEGs, TM is a good brand. Personally, I only use GBB guns, but I'm curious; how's the blowback on the EBBR?
Deejay2401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2015, 00:30   #3
Eddie_m18

Haven't got it in yet just ordered yesterday and today is a holiday so hopefully next week. From the videos I've seen it looks cool especially on full auto.
Old July 6th, 2015, 19:34   #4
thetuch

One thing to look into with the VFC Scars are their proprietary parts.

I used to own a VFC Scar H, awesome gun externally, however the gun had a proprietary hop up unit and air nozzle.

I'm not sure if the Scar L version is the same, but its worth investigating. If you hit issues with the gun, it might be compounded by trying to source replacement parts.
thetuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2015, 20:59   #5
augherk

The scar l version is the same, yes. Very nicely designed though, and really if you're buying an aftermarket hop-up unit you'll be spending the same as a vfc anyways.

Anyways, congrats on your first purchase, and double congrats on that being a high-end rifle! you've saved yourself a lot of time and grief lol.
augherk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2015, 21:06   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

both vfc scars have proprietary hopup units.
Old July 6th, 2015, 21:40   #7
Eddie_m18

Thanks guys
I've been checking my mail everyday since I ordered it. Should be here Thursday but hopefully a day early
Old July 6th, 2015, 22:05   #8
Moses015

Congrats on your first AEG bro. Welcome to the addiction. And props on getting something of actual quality to start. I wish I had some people to give me more sound advice when I started, would have saved me a lot of money lol.

I haven't had too much experience with TM's but I know their rep and it's a very good one. The biggest thing I've heard is NEVER open them up unless you need to. If you don't apparently they last for fricking ever by some sort of Japanese magic.

I've owned a couple of VFC SCAR-L's myself and they've been nice but they come with their problems (like many an AEG). If you do go for one of those, one upgrade I earnestly recommend is to get a steel butt plate assembly (I think that's what it's called) because the stock ones tend to crack and break. It's actually kind of surprising that it's a problem considering VFC is pretty much tops when it comes to externals.
Backup:
KWA RM4 ERG LVOA, KWA ATP, VFC KAC PDW, G&G Top Tech MP5 A5
Moses015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 02:21   #9
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Hopefully you didn't try to order it from outside Canada?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 06:56   #10
brock0

If the G36 is anything like the TM M4 or 416 EBBs, you'll be pleased - I know I am.

Stock performance will be great, don't recommend upgrading BUT Maruis in Canada often come with springs that are too stiff for the stock internals due to Canada import laws. if this is the case, it really should be changed out for a lighter spring. I don't know if the g36 is the same but the m4/416 series use springs that are shorter than normal AEGs. You can check eagle6 (Google it). A 330-350 FPS spring should be fine on stock internals.

Also recommend converting to deans and using 7.4v lipo. I know a great gun doc in the GTA who's worked on my TMs if you need, send me a PM.
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 07:27   #11
Eddie_m18

Yeah I ordered from trigger airsoft out of bc. And at first I was going to get a 11.1 lipo but lucky I seen on here that it was overkill so I switched to a 7.4
Old July 7th, 2015, 08:02   #12
brock0

Trigger maruis come with the stiff spring - something I would get taken care of ASAP.
Old July 7th, 2015, 10:27   #13
Eddie_m18

What kind of spring should I replace it with?
I'm new to this I went on eagle6 website there's a m90, m95, m100 and m110
Which one is the best. I'm thinking this will be my indoor gun and I'm gunna pick up an vfc all metal m4 or vfc scar l for outdoor
Old July 7th, 2015, 10:44   #14
brock0

If it's going to be indoor I'd say you want a spring that will put you at 330fps or so (my TM M4 shoots 330-340 and works fine for outdoor too). I can't recommend an exact spring, because I don't know if the G36c uses the shorter marui springs that the M4/416s do.

As it's your first AEG, I recommend finding a local gun doc, taking the AEG to them and let them know what you want. You may have some difficulty finding someone who works on TM recoils though... I know I did. Don't recommend you try to swap it by yourself.

But first I would confirm with trigger that the spring has been changed for import - just email and ask. If it's stock then you're fine - the gun will last a long time on stock internals and perform great. If they did change it or they aren't sure, find that gun doc.
Old July 7th, 2015, 10:46   #15
Eddie_m18

Will the lipo battery be fine in the stock gun
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion