Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Best M9 and Glock in stock form

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 6th, 2015, 22:22   #1
SuperHog

Best M9 and Glock in stock form

I have nothing but 1911 pistols but would like to pick up a M9 and Glock.

What are the best choices right now? I don't want a pistol that need 80% of the parts replaced before it to be reliable for continuous gaming use.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2015, 22:44   #2
redzaku

KJ works M9, workhorse and TM compatible
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 01:47   #3
GR

WE Glocks have come a long way. My WE Glock 17 has held up getting dropped into sand, and firing perfectly afterwards.
GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 09:47   #4
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

KJW m9. I have an m9 vertec(vertex?) By kjw, bought of of Anderson and Anderson way back in 07 or 08, was and is my goto sidearm, been dragged through the mud sand swamp and snow (i play the sniper role mostly so litterally dragged) minor upgrades including inner, hop rubber, hammer spring and recoil spring right out of box and never touched it after that aside from using it. Id say easily has 50000 rounds through it, and thats conservative, it ranges with most stock AEG's kicks good too. Fit and finnish isnt all that hot (it rattles like a highcap if you shake it) and no functuoning decocker (on this model, not sure of newer ones) also the newer ones have a blue or red (cant recall) nozzel that allows the use of co2.
The KWA/KWC m9 ptp is a nice pistol, however you prety much gotta like it out of the box cause finding hop rubbers and inners and such isnt gonna happen, least i cant find an inner and outter for the life of me. But it functions great out of the box and has the functional decocker. Full metal aside from the outter barrel, makes for a smooth cycle and lighter weight plus adds durability by not killing the slide with friction.
i loved my ksc g17, had a tm too that was sweet, had a kjw g32c (broke and couldnt get parts, wasnt a cansoft one either was oldschool solid black frame)
Currently have a we g18c, the hopup sucks, ive put in an aip hop, but really its the arm bends or the wheel doesnt have enough adjustment, currently sourcing a wheel to see if that helps the issue, but over all it seems decent so far once i sort out the hop issue. Should note that HK3P is also we currently with nicer trades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 10:32   #5
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
+1 on WE Glocks, if you want a good Glock out of the box with metal slide, WE Glock series is the way to go.

I like KSC too as my first Glock 17 was a KSC and ran it for around 5 years stock before crapping out. but i find that it didnt perform as well as i'd like it even when it was functioning.

I own a bunch of TM and WE glocks, My TMs are all franken guns now with lots of after market parts. my WE's on the other hand have been running fine stock with no issues.

I'd suggest WE G17 good out of the box stock gun
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 10:48   #6
DanoftheDead

+1 WE Glocks. Had a kj and it was ok but my new WE G18 has been holding up solidly since I bought it. Hop up is not the best, but not the worst by far either.
DanoftheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 10:55   #7
Datawraith

I third the KJW M9; most of the guys I game with have one too. Only really ever had 1 failure, and that was fixed pretty quick (bbu wasn't properly oiled, so user error).
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 16:51   #8
shelcoof

+1 HK3/WE Glocks!

Both G17 and G18C

TM Compatible G17 (G18C different BBU)

Running my G18C for almost 4 seasons now
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 18:07   #9
Kungpow

If you have the cash, go for a TM. If not, I would go for a KJW M9/Glock or a HK3P Glock. If you want something different that is similar to a Glock an Echo 1 Timberwolf would be a good choice.
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 19:21   #10
Bigload

I enjoy the KWA M9 PTP. Solid. Gas efficient. Parts are not interchangeable with other brands.
Bigload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 20:10   #11
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigload View Post
I enjoy the KWA M9 PTP. Solid. Gas efficient. Parts are not interchangeable with other brands.
It should be noted if i didnt make it clear, tho it doesnt have large aftermarket support, it doesnt need a thing out of the box, just a good cleaning of the inner and hop rubber (normal for most all guns) and some quality .30g bb's
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 21:50   #12
SuperHog

Thanks for all the input.

I have several KJW pistols KP-09, KP-05 and the Hi Capa. I also have at TM which I left completely stock.

I will probably get the KJW M9. Too bad it does not have a functioning de-cock.

As for the WE. I have an old M4A1 GBBR and the new M4 Raptor GBBR. Big difference in improvements on the Raptor.

As for the WE Glock G17, how can I tell it is the latest version? I heard Gen 4 was the latest???

Last edited by SuperHog; June 7th, 2015 at 22:21..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 22:47   #13
Kungpow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
Thanks for all the input.

I have several KJW pistols KP-09, KP-05 and the Hi Capa. I also have at TM which I left completely stock.

I will probably get the KJW M9. Too bad it does not have a functioning de-cock.

As for the WE. I have an old M4A1 GBBR and the new M4 Raptor GBBR. Big difference in improvements on the Raptor.

As for the WE Glock G17, how can I tell it is the latest version? I heard Gen 4 was the latest???
If were talking about different frames of the WE Glock the Gen 4 frames are common. Im not quite sure about the differences between a Gen 4 frame and a Gen 3 frame, but I know that in the Gen 4 you can change the backstrap. If were talking about later models (Newer Improved WE Glock) on WE Glock, the outer barrel is tapered between the barrel hood, and the barrel itself. I have a video on it, because my Echo 1/ WE Timberwolf Outer Barrel broke twice.
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 23:07   #14
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
WE and HK3P by extension make both Generation 3 and 4 variants of the full sized Glock. Gen 3 was notable for introducing an accessory rail, finger grooves on the grip, depressions in the grip for one's thumbs, and a reinforcing locking block pin.

Gen 4 was notable for introducing a dual recoil spring assembly to soften recoil (Not seen on WE/TM/KJ but seen on VFC/Stark), "polymids" in the form of a roughened texture on the grips, interchangeable backstraps on the grip, and a change in markings - for the first time in Glock history the slide is marked with Generation markings.

With the WE and HK3P Glocks, the above poster is correct - you'll be looking for a barrel with a radiused junction with the square chamber. Apart from that, you'll also be looking at fit and finish- the fit has outpaced the finish IMO, but that's the right order to be in.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 23:47   #15
ccyg8774

Quote:
For WE/HK3P Glocks, the "Gen 3" "Gen 4" thing is not for newer/older version of airsoft gun produced by WE. The "Gen 3" "Gen 4" thing means they resembles the looking of real steel Glock Gen 3 or Gen 4. Both "Gen 3" and "Gen 4" by WE will have newer and older versions.

There are currently few noticeable changes from the earliest versions, that I know of. There are probably more changes and/or versions that I don't know (input would be appreciated). The following changes occoured on both "Gen 3" and "Gen 4".

Earliest version: The outer barrel have straight angle to the chamber, rather than the curved transition on later version. This version is very old and I am not sure if there is any in Canada. Have the outer barrel breaking issue.
Mid-ish version: The outer barrel now have curved transition between barrel and the chamber, less likely to have outer barrel broken.
Later-ish version: Improved furnishing on the slide, the ejector is now a separate piece rather than on the slide. (like the guarder slides).

Last edited by ccyg8774; June 7th, 2015 at 23:57..
ccyg8774 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion