Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

import question

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 15th, 2014, 04:54   #1
ricocroce

import question

hello I am a Canadian citizen I have been studying in japan for 6 months now and in December I return back home to Canada. I have bought a airsoft gun here and I am curious as how I should try and bring it back home with me without it being seized. I have tried calling information lines for the Canadian border services but my phone here wont support outside calls so my question is should I mail it back or take it with me while flying back home and declare it at Canadian custums. what are the chances of it being seized? I know the laws regarding airsoft have continuously changed in Canada just looking to bring my stuff back legally with no problems.
sorry if this is the wrong area to post this question and thank you for your time and knowledge

Last edited by ricocroce; October 15th, 2014 at 05:54..
ricocroce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 07:34   #2
siggypoo

Holy punctuation, lol!
Old October 15th, 2014, 07:46   #3
Drake
E-01

Quote:
what are the chances of it being seized?
Depends on the gun. What make/model is it? Specs (FPS) ?

Quote:
I know the laws regarding airsoft have continuously changed in Canada just looking to bring my stuff back legally with no problems.
The laws have not changed at all. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them if you're going to import.
Old October 15th, 2014, 09:06   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

japan is <1J for legality there. modifying it there by yourself would be breaking their firearms laws. And even if you did have it modified, you'd have to get it tested here.

Is it a rare gun? TMs are dirt cheap there, is it really worth going through the trouble to get it modded to meet standards here for import and then having to go through the trouble of getting it tested when it hits the border and still potentially getting it seized?
Old October 15th, 2014, 09:49   #5
dmitril

Send a message via Skype™ to dmitril
Just put in m120-130 a few hours before leaving and you are good to import. The only issue I can see is getting them to accept the baggage with an airsoft gun, but I've heard people simply explained and had no issues.
dmitril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 11:01   #6
ricocroce

thank you all for the replies
I did call and talk to their representative regarding importing firearms
he said not to mail it
if I was to bring it in person it would be best however I would have to declare it and fill out the little card they give you on the plane. he said regarding fps to bring it in person the fps must be under 366fps.
Old October 15th, 2014, 11:14   #7
volteco

I think you misunderstood him. It must shoot between 366 and 500 fps, otherwise you won't see your gun anymore.
volteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 11:15   #8
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricocroce View Post
he said regarding fps to bring it in person the fps must be under 366fps.
lolwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volteco View Post
I think you misunderstood him. It must shoot between 366 and 500 fps, otherwise you won't see your gun anymore.
Above 366. The 500 upper limit does not apply here.

Last edited by Drake; October 15th, 2014 at 11:22..
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 12:08   #9
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Yes, it's 366 and up, not below. That's with a 0.20g round. Even if you follow all the appropriate protocol, the CBSA "can" seize and destroy it if they want. make certain you have all your ducks in a row.
Old October 15th, 2014, 14:44   #10
waylander

I just self cleared 2 guns coming in to Canada from the US via UPS because I didn't want to pay their ridiculous brokerage charges.

It comes down to the CBSA officer. The guy I had basically just did a google search and looked at the product page and some youtube videos of reviews and testing of FPS then let them through. Some will actually test. Some will go strictly by the product page. It's really up to each individual CBSA officer. If you get one that doesn't want to test it and goes strictly by the product page you're probably hooped since TM guns from Japan would not meet our 366 minimum.
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 15:31   #11
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
If you want to import a pistol you have two methods:

Method 1: Legal way
1) Longer inner barrel + foamless silencer + propane shooting over 366+

Method 2: Illegal way
1) Field strip gun
2) Ship out internal parts
3) Ship out Lower frame
4) Ship out upper + mag
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 16:06   #12
dmitril

Send a message via Skype™ to dmitril
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
I just self cleared 2 guns coming in to Canada from the US via UPS because I didn't want to pay their ridiculous brokerage charges.

It comes down to the CBSA officer. The guy I had basically just did a google search and looked at the product page and some youtube videos of reviews and testing of FPS then let them through. Some will actually test. Some will go strictly by the product page. It's really up to each individual CBSA officer. If you get one that doesn't want to test it and goes strictly by the product page you're probably hooped since TM guns from Japan would not meet our 366 minimum.
This is exactly my experience. It is different when you are sending to yourself though. My guess the easiest way is taking it into checked baggage and explaining its an airsoft gun when you do as that is something I've read people do. And you really should upgrade it to m120+ spring so that regardless of them believing you or asking to test you are still good.
dmitril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 18:12   #13
FirestormX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
If you want to import a pistol you have two methods:

Method 1: Legal way
1) Longer inner barrel + foamless silencer + propane shooting over 366+

Method 2: Illegal way
1) Field strip gun
2) Ship out internal parts
3) Ship out Lower frame
4) Ship out upper + mag
The illegal way won't get your gun into Canada any easier than shipping the gun in full, since the lower frame is still illegal to import - the only difference is that you'll at least have a few pieces of your gun left in the three other boxes.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2014, 05:57   #14
ricocroce

thank you all for the advice it is much appreciated.
Old October 27th, 2014, 18:08   #15
Enthusiast

I heard that if you have a Hi Capa, or any gun that does not really exist, it should be ok.
But this is unverified, it seem logic to me because it could not be consider a replica.
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank