Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Cybergun AK47 AIMS Simply NOT working

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 18th, 2014, 22:09   #1
Xhausted

Exclamation Cybergun AK47 AIMS Simply NOT working

Hello,

I was having an issue with cycling. I fixed it by fully charging my battery. It unlocked. I then took apart my blockback system and fixed a spring. Working well. Battery is a little faulty due to stupid standard wall chargers. If you want a quick solution to battery problems, go get a smart charger champs.

May close/move... Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Xhausted; March 19th, 2014 at 12:46.. Reason: SOLVED
Xhausted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 22:13   #2
Strelok

Checked your fuse by chance? Thats pretty much the simplest fix for one of a billion problems you'll experience with an AEG, lol.

If you dont have fuses handy, it wont hurt to just jump the fuse (clipping the two ends together in place of the fuse) to see if that really is the issue.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 22:31   #3
Xhausted

I honestly don't know what to look for... really amateur. Thanks for your help.

------

Old March 18th, 2014, 23:05   #4
audi_bhoy

Fuse is good, otherwise the "U" shape would be snapped. Make sure your battery is charged, try with another battery, if available.
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 23:20   #5
Xhausted

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_bhoy View Post
Fuse is good, otherwise the "U" shape would be snapped. Make sure your battery is charged, try with another battery, if available.
I have a classic-custom stick type. NO idea what the voltage is, all I know is that it has 7 1400 mah Grepow batteries. I also have one of those cheap ass chargers, so I have no fucking clue what the current state of my battery is.

Old March 18th, 2014, 23:30   #6
Borealis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhausted View Post
<>I also have one of those cheap ass chargers, so I have no fucking clue what the current state of my battery is.
If your charger is a wall socket one, then I would bet that many cells in your battery are simply fried. Sorry. That type of charger simply connect the battery to the electricity without any kind of cutoff switch; overcharging a battery = dead cells in the battery.
Only way to tell is with a multimeter or to put the battery into another already working airsoft.
Borealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 23:32   #7
ccyg8774

Do you have or can borrow a multimeter?
Old March 18th, 2014, 23:32   #8
Xhausted

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
If your charger is a wall socket one, then I would bet that many cells in your battery are simply fried. Sorry. That type of charger simply connect the battery to the electricity without any kind of cutoff switch; overcharging a battery = dead cells in the battery.
Only way to tell is with a multimeter or to put the battery into another already working airsoft.
Sadly, I think this is highly accurate. Anyone have any recommendations for a replacement battery?

EDIT: I do NOT own a mutli-meter... sorry gents.
Old March 18th, 2014, 23:46   #9
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

confirm it's the battery if you know someone with a good pack.
Old March 19th, 2014, 08:28   #10
Xhausted

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
confirm it's the battery if you know someone with a good pack.
Yeah. It appears to just be a battery issue right now, I actually got the gearbox to unlock after throwing that fully charged battery into it. So, I got it cycling now... so I believe it really is just the battery.

I can get a new battery without issue, but can someone assist me onto which smart charger to purchase? Hate this standard wall charger crap.
Old March 19th, 2014, 13:22   #11
ccyg8774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhausted View Post
I can get a new battery without issue, but can someone assist me onto which smart charger to purchase? Hate this standard wall charger crap.
Imax B6 is good for the price.
Old March 20th, 2014, 08:05   #12
Xhausted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccyg8774 View Post
Imax B6 is good for the price.
I was told about this battery charger... apparently it works, but its slow and apparently gives inaccurate readings on the screen... can someone confirm this
Old March 20th, 2014, 08:54   #13
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

get a real imax b6... mine can charge at high speed and seems to be accurate in volt readings.

Remember that nimh battery packs can't and shouldn't be charged at rates over 1C.... in fact you should restrict it to .5 most of the time... slower charge means better charge for nimh.

If you switch to lipos that's a different story... depending on the manufacturer, you can charge at like 5 C if you want.. but I generally charge my hobbyking lipos at 2C to be safe.
Old March 20th, 2014, 09:23   #14
Xhausted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
get a real imax b6... mine can charge at high speed and seems to be accurate in volt readings.

Remember that nimh battery packs can't and shouldn't be charged at rates over 1C.... in fact you should restrict it to .5 most of the time... slower charge means better charge for nimh.

If you switch to lipos that's a different story... depending on the manufacturer, you can charge at like 5 C if you want.. but I generally charge my hobbyking lipos at 2C to be safe.
Thanks for the details. I am going to go get my pen and paper and write some of these down. I don't really care about time, I usually sit at my desk anyway, so I can keep an eye on things.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner