Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G FN Herstal F2000

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 24th, 2013, 20:18   #1
Knocturnal

G&G FN Herstal F2000

First, this is my fourth aeg, and I think this weapon looks good...

Externally, it's made of quality polymer and every part of the real rifle that is metal is also on the aeg. It looks and feels durable and doesn't seem to get scratched easily. My only complaint which is nothing that cannot be remedied, is the sling attachment holes on the stock, they expose part of the wiring and gearbox.

Internally, it has some solid hardware. The controversy regarding standard stanag mags that don't sit properly due to a screw protruding on the lower part of the v6 gearbox has been corrected. However, I do recommend getting G&G mags because they come with a cool feature which is particularly interesting for milsim/real cap players, the internal spring pushes out a nipple that loads the mags last bb's into the hop hop chamber. The aeg also features on-the-go spring adjustment, allowing you to clock between 330-415 fps with .20's. All you need is a flat head screw driver and alan key. Due to it's bull pup design, the stock inner barrel is 6.04 430mm, 100mm more than you would find in a standard m4 and the F2000 is also less lengthy... Some reviewers stated that it was their most accurate out of the box aeg, and I can confirm that in my case. G&G has also done a good job with the hop up unit, the adjustment wheel sits tightly into place. Once zero'd in you will not have to make any adjustments due to vibrations or whatever causes the hop up to lose its setting. The downside, the Hop up unit is proprietary. Some have said that with use the aeg loses it's ability to fire semi, I haven't heard or cannot judge if this has been fixed or not.

I believe G&G has done a great job creating this bull pup, and was quick to fix issues that came up. Unless you think this rifle is soo ugly that you don't want to be seen with it, I recommend this aeg without hesitation.
Knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 20:33   #2
Spadona

I've heard about this one. A lot of people are saying good things about it.

If anyone is interested in buying this one, keep in mind that G&G sells many different versions of the F2000. The only one I remember from the top of my head is one with a built-in flashlight.
Spadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 21:12   #3
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
If this is a review it should go in the review section.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 21:40   #4
Swattiger

Great gun which shoots hard and accurate out of the box. But a bit too bulky.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 22:40   #5
Spadona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post
Great gun which shoots hard and accurate out of the box. But a bit too bulky.
Tell me about it. It's got the biggest full stock I've ever seen. The entire goddamn gun is a stock.
Spadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 00:11   #6
Yuu

Send a message via ICQ to Yuu Send a message via MSN to Yuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knocturnal
The controversy regarding standard stanag mags that don't sit properly due to a screw protruding on the lower part of the v6 gearbox has been corrected.
Which version do you have that this issue been correct? The one with engraved trademarks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knocturnal
The downside, the Hop up unit is proprietary.
Don't think its proprietary I believe its V2 Hop-up unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The plush dogs were cool.

Don't let the dog haters and plushy haters get to you, man. ANYONE can post pictures of their guns, but it takes a special breed of man to post a picture of his guns with plushies!
Yuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 13:30   #7
Magnaroth

I've been curious to try one out, even though it looks like a big fish-gun. Is it Awkward to hold?
Old July 25th, 2013, 14:54   #8
thatdarnwolf

I have nothing bad to say about the current v6 setups I've seen from G&G. The ability to adjust velocity via the tension dialer was what sold me on it originally. They also use the same engine in their P90. I found the F2000 a touch on the bulky side, but I'm sure I could get used to it if the price was right. :P
Old July 25th, 2013, 16:14   #9
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnaroth View Post
I've been curious to try one out, even though it looks like a big fish-gun. Is it Awkward to hold?
It's good for more opened area and mid to long range firefight. No so in dense wood and close range combat as, when compared to standard M4, it's bulkiness slows down the aiming process quite a bit.
Old July 25th, 2013, 16:36   #10
Magnaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post
It's good for more opened area and mid to long range firefight. No so in dense wood and close range combat as, when compared to standard M4, it's bulkiness slows down the aiming process quite a bit.
How much does it weigh? Can't be too heavy if made out of polymer. And most full sized weapons are difficult on dense forests. Haha. I've never seen one face-to-face, but I'd like to. I like odd guns. And this one's definitely an oddball.
Old July 25th, 2013, 18:05   #11
Yuu

It's rear heavy not so much front heavy but that's how most bullpup design are. Just because it polymer built doesn't mean its light; its balance as it can be.

Quote:
How much does it weigh? Can't be too heavy if made out of polymer. And most full sized weapons are difficult on dense forests. Haha. I've never seen one face-to-face, but I'd like to. I like odd guns. And this one's definitely an oddball.
My main concern for not obtaining one was the magazine issue and I do not want to modified the magazine, so if the OP tell us which version he has then it would change me completely to get one.

Quote:

Don't let the dog haters and plushy haters get to you, man. ANYONE can post pictures of their guns, but it takes a special breed of man to post a picture of his guns with plushies!

Last edited by Yuu; July 25th, 2013 at 18:07..
Old July 25th, 2013, 19:42   #12
Knocturnal

@Yuu I have the standard R.I.S version. I did not try 20 different m4 mag manufacturers, thus maybe I am wrong. I would also need to know if your mags are High/Mid/Low caps...

@Magnaroth The aeg is nice and easy to hold, I do not find it heavy, and it feels like an ergonomic wonder.

@Swattiger The aeg is simply as versatile as a weapon can be. Bull pup's are designed such that they are more compact than common rifles, yet more accurate. I've also seen people with m4's that were more bulky due to accessories. It's bulkiness is not an issue unless your 6'5 at 95lbs

Again, I recommend this gun.
Knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 20:01   #13
-Shade

I own one of these as well. Definitely recommend it. It's extremely comfortable Stock performance is great, but I have upgraded almost everything inside, aside from a few proprietary parts, for a higher RPS setup. It shoots great.

Does anyone have an experience upgrading this gun's cylinder head? I bought a V6 Modify head and I can tell you that it is definitely not compatible with it. The nozzle sits higher than the G&G stock head. And it isn't a V2/3 either. :S
-Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 20:02   #14
Yuu

Mid-caps SOCOMGear lancer but i have bunch of standard TM lo-caps. If it fits TM lo-caps then i'm sold lol You tell me what mags are you using without modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knocturnal View Post
@Yuu I have the standard R.I.S version. I did not try 20 different m4 mag manufacturers, thus maybe I am wrong. I would also need to know if your mags are High/Mid/Low caps...

Quote:

Old July 26th, 2013, 08:31   #15
Swattiger

Quote:
It weights like a standard M4. It's rear heavy which slows down the move in dense wood or if you want to be stealth. But when you do the shoulder aim, it is well balance and very comfortable.

Last edited by Swattiger; July 28th, 2013 at 18:40..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion