Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

40mm Grenade Launchers

:

Accessories Discussion

Old June 6th, 2013, 21:01   #1
Bar1975

40mm Grenade Launchers

I'm looking at purchasing a rail mounted m203 style grenade launcher. (Maybe the G&P Skull Frog type)

What are some options in regards to the grenades to use for such a launcher? If I'm going to buy this i want grenades that can pack a punch.. i don't care about the number of BB's in the grenade itself (I've read that less BB's are usually the more powerful grenades?) but at the same time do i really need to pay upwards of $80/each for these?

Whats something that's affordable but powerful at the same time?
Bar1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 21:12   #2
coach
aka coachster

CO2 or bust. Get the Madbull xm108hp or xm204hp. They are worth every penny.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 21:13   #3
Bar1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
CO2 or bust. Get the Madbull xm108hp or xm204hp. They are worth every penny.
LOL... love your profile pic.. very appropriate for this thread

So.. let me get this straight...

The Co2 option means i need to also buy a C02 charger? Or some means of actually getting the Co2 into the grenade whereas a propane grenade will allow me to use the same ole set up i have for all my other gas powered items? (propane tank with propane adapter)

I didn't realize how expensive these things can get.. oh wait it's airsoft.. of course i did

Last edited by Bar1975; June 6th, 2013 at 21:33..
Old June 6th, 2013, 21:31   #4
j_march

Ics tag grenade, youtube it and pray for a release date
Old June 7th, 2013, 01:53   #5
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar1975 View Post
LOL... love your profile pic.. very appropriate for this thread

So.. let me get this straight...

The Co2 option means i need to also buy a C02 charger? Or some means of actually getting the Co2 into the grenade whereas a propane grenade will allow me to use the same ole set up i have for all my other gas powered items? (propane tank with propane adapter)

I didn't realize how expensive these things can get.. oh wait it's airsoft.. of course i did
Yes. You'll need a CO2 charger. Ideally you will also want a 20oz tank but the 12 gram cartridges will work to fill 3-5 grenades depending on which ones you get and how high you charge them.

Propane grenades suck. As do many other brand grenades that claim to operate on CO2. Trust me, I've seen a lot that don't work!

Propane is, at best, moderately okay for indoors. CO2 madbull grenades will get you 75-100' kills with flat trajectories. Observing your MED's is important though when running high PSI!
Old June 7th, 2013, 19:59   #6
Bar1975

Quote:
Yes. You'll need a CO2 charger. Ideally you will also want a 20oz tank but the 12 gram cartridges will work to fill 3-5 grenades depending on which ones you get and how high you charge them.

Propane grenades suck. As do many other brand grenades that claim to operate on CO2. Trust me, I've seen a lot that don't work!

Propane is, at best, moderately okay for indoors. CO2 madbull grenades will get you 75-100' kills with flat trajectories. Observing your MED's is important though when running high PSI!
ok.. things are shaping up here.. i just got a line on a Classic Army M203 launcher. Will any launcher type (specifically this one or the G&P Skull Frog) work with the Mad Bull Co2 Grenades? Also.. the only Co2 charger i see available around here is the Mad Bull Portable Adjustable CO2 Charger.. but i've seen a review or two where they state this is not that great..

any opinions on this charger or any reco's on something better?

Last edited by Bar1975; June 7th, 2013 at 20:22..
Old June 7th, 2013, 20:50   #7
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
Nothing wrong with the Madbull CO2 Charger. Properly maintain it like any other kit and you're good.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2013, 21:12   #8
coach
aka coachster

This one: http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=458
Old June 7th, 2013, 21:30   #9
Bar1975

Quote:
i just ordered it

I'll grab a couple of the HP Mad Bulls as well.

Still not sure what launcher to get.. a friend of mine is selling his Classic army M203.. he only bought it last year and hardly used it..

Will the mad bull grenades work in this launcher? I believe for the most part the launchers work with all of these grenade types?
Old June 7th, 2013, 21:43   #10
coach
aka coachster

Stick with the cherries (xm108hp) or multi's (xmpb4) They seem to be the most universal.
Old June 7th, 2013, 23:09   #11
Bar1975

Quote:
Observing your MED's is important though when running high PSI!
what PSI would be recommended for woodland games (what FPS would that translate too?)... typically engage in open areas that are ~50 - 100ft

Sometimes need to storm bunkers though so can get in pretty close.. i guess i'll get some lower powered (and cheaper) propane nades for up close..

Also.. if i wanted too these Madbull HP series grenades will take propane/green gas as well?

Last edited by Bar1975; June 7th, 2013 at 23:14..
Old June 10th, 2013, 20:40   #12
Bar1975

Ok so i now have the grenade launcher and two mad bull XM 204 "King Grenades"...

Man they look sweet!!

I'm not so sure i'll want to be filling these up with the full 204 BB's though.. how does not filling them all the way affect the performance (if at all?)

If not fully filled (with BB's) will the bb's bounce around/fall out of the grenade?
Old June 11th, 2013, 04:42   #13
coach
aka coachster

When it's full, it gives better BB's retention. They will rattle when not full.
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:10   #14
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
what PSI would be recommended for woodland games (what FPS would that translate too?)... typically engage in open areas that are ~50 - 100ft

Sometimes need to storm bunkers though so can get in pretty close.. i guess i'll get some lower powered (and cheaper) propane nades for up close..

Also.. if i wanted too these Madbull HP series grenades will take propane/green gas as well?
Wooded areas I run around 650-700psi and yes you can run them with propane but why?

Quote:
Ok so i now have the grenade launcher and two mad bull XM 204 "King Grenades"...

Man they look sweet!!

I'm not so sure i'll want to be filling these up with the full 204 BB's though.. how does not filling them all the way affect the performance (if at all?)

If not fully filled (with BB's) will the bb's bounce around/fall out of the grenade?
You should definitely get more and always run them full or you'll sound like a tactical maracas and when you do need them you wont get the tactical giggle from the cloud of white instead you will get the unsatisfying "SHIT I DIDN'T HIT YOU?" look

Last edited by wildcard; June 11th, 2013 at 09:24..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:19   #15
Duckman

indeed...giggle factor high when you can have 16 being fired between 3 guys without needing to reload

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion