Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Fitments : TM G17/18 vs WE G17/18

:

Doctor's Corner

Old October 14th, 2012, 20:54   #1
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Fitments : TM G17/18 vs WE G17/18

Does anyone know if parts are compatible with eachother?
More like the frame?

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:01   #2
e-luder

If I may Entertain you Mr. Hitman...

I'm afraid that the results are not too good. While some may argue against this, my testing and fitting yielded the following results: NOTHING FITS CORRECTLY!!!!!

These parts will fit into the Marui Glock but hinder the performance of the pistol greatly. The measurements on the WE parts are NOT 1:1 to Marui's.

-The WE loading muzzle is too "small" causing a severe hampering in gas efficiency. Often times, the gun will not cycle crisply nor will it even give a "sufficient" muzzle velocity. When I tested this set up (WE internals into a Marui BBU,Hammer assembly and hop up unit), the fluctuations in power outtage varied greatly and was hard to predict. At times, it went from one extreme of 275fps to the other extreme of 345fps in two shots. I suspect the temperature of the WE magazine has a large hand in the power outtage but the I also sense that the loading muzzle is causing most of the eratic behaviour.

-The WE loading muzzle seems too loose on a Marui BBU.

-The WE Hop unit has a slight difference. It is missing the little tab that keeps the unit from "slipping off". Marui Glock owners will recognize this tab. When one is seperating the hop up unit from the outer barrel, the tab will prevent it from freely dropping out. WE does not have this tab but Marui does. So when retrofitting the WE Hop up unit to the Marui outer barrel, it is uber tight. Mine had no play at all. This can be both a positive and a negative but regardless, you need a little bit of play for the outer barrel to tilt (for realism sake).

-You can't fit any Marui loading muzzle in to WE Glock. The WE Piston head is too large and the muzzle won't move back and fourth as it should. It will cause jams and wear out the gas route packing on the magazine. That is...if the slide can even cycle. You could modify it but you'll take away the integrity of an already high stress point of the gun.

-The WE hop up and bucking unit did not accomodate the Stock marui inner barrel accordingly. The bucking couldn't create enough backspin for the hop up to run properly.

-You can fit a Marui BBU in a WE slide but you'll get mixed results. There will be a lot of play between the lower and upper portions of the guns resulting in poor and "uncontrolled fluctuations in power and gas efficiency. This misfiitting results in the dreaded "my mag is sitting too low syndrome so I need to push it up for better whatever whatever whatever..."

The Hammer assembly of the WE G18c is not to spec with a TM G18c. There was catastrophic failure in my tests wherein the semi sear didn't not even "activate". It wasn't that the slide was not getting enough blowback to keep the hammer down but the the sear wasn't actually aligning with the hammer lock at all. It was a strange diagnosis when I stumbled upon it. What made it worse was that because there was play room for the slide, the secondary full auto sear didn't release the hammer. SO i got a gun with a trigger pull but no shot....

The WE G18c also uses a rotary style hammer bearing like the G17. You won't be able to swap the WE Hammer to a Marui and use the Marui hammer bearing. It will cause problems during the cycle.

-The WE Outer barrel is a give and take. This is because it has to accomodate the locking tab found on the Marui Hop up Unit (the one mentioned above). You'll either have to modify the hop up or modify a slot on the WE outer barrel to accomodate the locking tab.

-As a minor note, the recoil springs of both guns degrade the quality of the blowback in both guns. Why this is I have no clue.....

I also tested some after market parts on the WE G17. The Guarder outer barrel doesn't fit 100%. The AIP Steel hammer somewhat fixed some of the hammer issues but still has too much friction. The Guarder loading muzzle doesn't fit a WE Glock. A ninebal piston head is tight on the WE. You can imagine what it will do to the loading muzzle once the o-ring starts to expand when gas pressure is applied. lol.

Most aftermarket parts are catered to Marui specs. SO I suspect that the majority of them will cause problems on a WE Glock.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by e-luder; October 17th, 2012 at 20:57..
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:20   #3
Adamlxlx

Just blew a nozzle in one of my we glocks yesterday. Its the full auto 23. Know whrre to find a nozzle for one of these. Like you said it is different than the tm. Fuckin we screwing up such a simple design.
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 14:57   #4
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

I should've been more clearer. I am a true believer of TM and their parts.
I wanted to get this frame that fits that WE G18. I want to see if it will fit my TM G18?
http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/in...ducts_id=15921

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 15:20   #5
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
I wanted to get this frame that fits that WE G18. I want to see if it will fit my TM G18?
Yes. The frames weren't that bad to deal with. I don't know if these would somehow differ from the Stock WE frame, but if they are made anything like the guarder frames, you'll need to modify the front chasis where the front bolt screw is. Guarder has a deeper recess for the front chasis to sit causing the slide to grind against the frame. This impedes the slide's ability to cycle. Recently, the Guarder frames that I've dealt with have not been allowing to the slide to return to full battery at all. I needed to raise the front chasis a bit to get the slide to cycle truly parallel to the frame and not "perpendicular" per se.

...but I digress.

The WE frame I had didn't give me much trouble. Though, I think the front bolt screw may need to be changed. The Marui screw didn't seem to want to get in there quite easily. That was the only major issue that I've encountered thus far.

Though I have heard some place the the trigger bar seems to be iffy on the WE frames. I can't confirm this but I will update once I learn the truth behind it.

Quote:
Just blew a nozzle in one of my we glocks yesterday. Its the full auto 23. Know whrre to find a nozzle for one of these. Like you said it is different than the tm. Fuckin we screwing up such a simple design.
I think you can order from WE directly. Last i remembered they were offering a replacement service. I don't know about now....

But anyways here are some places google yielded:

http://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/sh...oading-nozzle/

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_lis...A_S&bid=SAROTH

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/we-loadin...-g18c-gbb.html
Old October 15th, 2012, 16:33   #6
Adamlxlx

Google wizard. My searching must suck. One more spoon feed if you dont mind. Know where tp source the spring guide for the nozzle return spring? Mine got so bent it is almost 90 degree. Would love to know how all this happened. Dont know how the guide could have gotten so bent. The spring is facked too but i have an extra return spring from a g17. Heres hoping it works. Had enough bad luck with this gun. Maybe 100 bb through it and this happens.
Old October 15th, 2012, 20:37   #7
Qlong
Division

I was just at Armed Forces in HK, they have WE replacement parts by the baggie. I saw nozzles but not sure of what model. Send them an email.

http://www.armedforces.hk/

Weee!
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:19   #8
e-luder

The spring was probably knocked around out of alignment. Or if you did a full takedown, the spring may not have ben seated properly when you reassembled it.

Unfortunately, not many retailers carry that one part. You can probably just make one yourself anyways out of bobbie pin ends or cloth needles with the rounded tops.
Old October 16th, 2012, 07:52   #9
Adamlxlx

I had never taken it apart before. Brand new gun with maybe 100 bb through it haha. Well i ended up being able to bend the guide straight again and it seems to work. As far as the nozzle goes i modded a nozzle from a meister glock and it seems to work fine but i am not 100% happy with it. Its not terribly tight but a bit tightet than the previous nozzle. The compression is really good at least haha. I am going to order a few WE nozzles just to be sure. Thanks for your help dude.
Thanks for the link qlong i will check it out.
Old November 15th, 2012, 14:20   #10
BG.Ghost8

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Yes. The frames weren't that bad to deal with. I don't know if these would somehow differ from the Stock WE frame, but if they are made anything like the guarder frames, you'll need to modify the front chasis where the front bolt screw is. Guarder has a deeper recess for the front chasis to sit causing the slide to grind against the frame. This impedes the slide's ability to cycle. Recently, the Guarder frames that I've dealt with have not been allowing to the slide to return to full battery at all. I needed to raise the front chasis a bit to get the slide to cycle truly parallel to the frame and not "perpendicular" per se.

...but I digress.
What did you do or use to raise the chasis?
BG.Ghost8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 22:30   #11
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG.Ghost8 View Post
What did you do or use to raise the chasis?
I put some duct tape on the underside of the chassis where it rests against the safety tag. I put a few layers of it just enough so that it won't cause any misalignment issues with the other components like the body pin hole or any interference with the hop up unit, for example.

Essentially, it will raise the chasis by decimeters so that the slide wont rub on the frame and give it a nice unobscured path to glide along.
Old November 19th, 2012, 00:15   #12
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley View Post
From where is the frame coming? PM me if you don't want to post in a non AV spot.

I found the slide and barrel I was hunting for so now I need to follow up with the other bits for my Glock winter project.
Old October 31st, 2014, 07:02   #13
pinksoda

Sorry for the necro. Buy will a TM g17 slide fit a WE g17 frame?
Old October 31st, 2014, 11:16   #14
Danke

Yes.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner