Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking for Opinions - "Angry Gun" Inner Barrels

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 28th, 2012, 20:21   #1
Basic-Wedge

Looking for Opinions - "Angry Gun" Inner Barrels

I'm converting a WE closed bolt M16A3 to open bolt, meaning I'll have to replace the original WE inner barrel. A new (to me) brand I keep coming across is "Angry Gun". I'm wondering if anyone has firsthand experience installing one of these, and what were your shooting results like?

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 20:29   #2
Lucuis

I've been searching around for the same info and have yet to come across any credible reviews on these barrels.

If no one has any, i might just grab one someday and post back.
Old April 11th, 2012, 20:51   #3
Fuzzy

I installed one in my short PDW. Haven't done any long range testing, but at 30 feet I can get about a 1 inch grouping. Seems to be a big improvement over the stock inner barrel.

Last edited by Fuzzy; April 11th, 2012 at 20:55..
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 20:51   #4
Basic-Wedge

I finished my C7 build, using a 500mm length Angry Gun 6.03 tight bore barrel in a WE M16A3 GBBR, and I wanted to pass along my impressions:

The Angry Gun barrel is a nicely polished stainless steel piece, which arrived packed in a tube of soft poly with tight fitting caps sealing each end. I was pleased to find the bore is polished to a particularly high standard and was spotlessly clean. I can't count the number of times I've received a new barrel, and immediately had to clean it, including instances where I've had to clean out bits of metal shavings. That certainly wasn't a problem with this barrel from Angry Gun.

All the machining is good and precise. The crown is well cut, the chamber end is smooth, and the grooves for the bucking are exactly where they need to be, and cut to the perfect depth. An RA-Tech bucking fit my barrel with ideal precission. I always wrap my buckings with Teflon tape, but the fit in this rifle is so precise, I probably could've skipped this step.

The overall length of my barrel measured at 500mm exactly, right on spec. The fit within the outer barrel could not be better. The new inner barrel ends where it needs to and sits tight, with no floating.

When I finished the build, I figured this gun would likely be a tack driver, and it is! It'll group shots within a couple of inches at 25m. Hitting a man-sized target at 50-60 meters is no problem. In wind-free conditions, it can reach out beyond 80 meters with ease, and groups are as good as any I've seen fired from an airsoft rifle.

Anyway, I'm sure you can tell I'm very pleased with this barrel from Angry Gun, and I intend to use these in all my future rifle builds. 10 out of 10. Highly recommended.

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications