Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need advices for buying my first gun.

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 14th, 2012, 13:42   #1
Amberclad

Need advices for buying my first gun.

Hi everyone , for this year i wanted to try out airsoft . I played lots of '' Gun games '' before but after reading and watching videos about airsofts for almost 2 years i finally wanted to buy my first gun to be game ready.

After reading a lot my first choices would be the G&G MP5 SD or A4 (338-378$). But I also found this classic Army M15A4 CQB, X-Series for 390$
I can't make a choice , I read that G&G is overpriced in Canada .

Are there any other weapon that I could look into??.

M.D
Amberclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 14:25   #2
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

I would recommend you decide what type of gun you want before anything else, M4 or MP5. This will make your decision easier.

All guns are over priced in Canada (compared to Asia and the US) but they are in the process of coming down in price as we speak.

M4's are quite common so they aren't bad starter guns as there are many people who can offer knowledge on fixing and upgrading them. You will have mag compatibility on the field with most players if you or they run short on ammo.

The King Arms M4A1 is highly touted as an excellent value for the money and a great gun to start out with. Good quality full metal externals and solid mauri compatible internals out of the box. They retail anywhere from $250 - $300 these days and I could tell you where to get one if you get yourself age verified.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 14:30   #3
5kull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
I would recommend you decide what type of gun you want before anything else, M4 or MP5. This will make your decision easier.

All guns are over priced in Canada (compared to Asia and the US) but they are in the process of coming down in price as we speak.

M4's are quite common so they aren't bad starter guns as there are many people who can offer knowledge on fixing and upgrading them. You will have mag compatibility on the field with most players if you or they run short on ammo.

The King Arms M4A1 is highly touted as an excellent value for the money and a great gun to start out with. Good quality full metal externals and solid mauri compatible internals out of the box. They retail anywhere from $250 - $300 these days and I could tell you where to get one if you get yourself age verified.
+1
KA and CA M4 are the good choices for a first Airsoft. Good quality for the price.
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 14:36   #4
Amberclad

Great thanks , yeah I contacted someone who can do it , just waiting for a response hehe . thanks for the advices. I need to decide between MP5 and M4 but a question i got , with an MP5 will i get the same distances when shooting than with a M4?
Old March 14th, 2012, 14:51   #5
Aldo69

I recommend the king arms m4, Very cheap if you look around, I found a good price for it (can't give retailers till age verified), Try searching the gun you want of Google, don't rush buying that is what I learned.

+1 On the king arms, Don't buy G&G if you know if it is to expensive, you can get the same;better quality in other company especially King arms with there line of m4s

For the mp5 thing I would recommend getting the m4 if your playing some type of big indoor game or outside, if you play like at Sgt. Splatters I would recommend the m4.

The m4 barrel is much longer, If you get a stock barrel of a m4 it will have better accuracy than the mp5 barrel, and it depends what type of company you are choosing, (sometimes there are different sizes of barrels in the different guns, for example a stock king arms has a 6.08 barrel and a Kwa has around 6.05 from what I hear.

Wait for a month or 2 and search some sites a few times a week, you can see what time gives you.

And please read the laws of Airsoft, and don't buy guns outside of Canada it will get seized.
Aldo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 14:51   #6
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Generally speaking an M4A1 will get more distance than with an MP5. This is because it has a longer barrel, a CQB type M4 will have a similar sized or shorter barrel and will tend to have the same or less range.

Now there is a difference between range, and accuracy at range. Range is related to your hop-up unit, your hop-up rubber, your barrel bore and barrel length, these will also have an effect (but aren't the only factors) on your accuracy. So a shorter barrel gun can out range and have better accuracy than a a longer barrel gun if it has a nice TB barrel, hop rubber and good compression.

** edit: Note FPS doesn't have as much of an effect on range and accuracy as most people think.

Last edited by Kozzie; March 14th, 2012 at 15:05..
Old March 14th, 2012, 14:54   #7
Aldo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
Generally speaking an M4A1 will get more distance than with an MP5. This is because it has a longer barrel, a CQB type M4 will have a similar sized or shorter barrel and will tend to have the same or less range. Now there is a difference long range and accuracy at long range. Range is related to your hop-up unit, your hop-up rubber and your barrel bore and length, these will also have an effect on your accuracy.
Exactly, Better quality will get you accuracy and range.
Aldo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 15:33   #8
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

It is against forum rules to tell people where they can buy guns in a thread that is open to non age verified users.

Please edit your post to reflect forum rules.
Old March 14th, 2012, 15:36   #9
Amberclad

Done .
Old March 14th, 2012, 16:06   #10
j_march

My best advice is if your new you might as well just buy the new classic army minigun......its only like 4000 to 5000 dollars and then you will know you have a great gun in which you can dominate with. Im sure its totally worth the money.
Old March 14th, 2012, 16:11   #11
j_march

Bahaha im obviously just messin....but that would be pretty funny if a noob showed up with a minigun......so if anyone is rich and has a good sense of humor.....please buy that minigun for your first game Lol
Old March 14th, 2012, 16:20   #12
j_march

No but maybe i should post something useful.......watch revolution airsoft.com website and watch the deal of the day....they have wicked awesome prices way lower than anyone else ive seen much and they have the "deal of the day" which is ussually a steal. check it out.
Old March 14th, 2012, 16:46   #13
Viper717

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_march View Post
No but maybe i should post something useful.......watch website and watch the deal of the day....they have wicked awesome prices way lower than anyone else ive seen much and they have the "deal of the day" which is ussually a steal. check it out.
Is it difficult to remove/change the orange tips so that you dont stick out like a sore thumb?
Viper717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 16:53   #14
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Most are twist off. Atleast once you get ride of the glue holding them on. A hair dryer or hot air gun can help weaken the glue. Or you can paint it black.

J_march stop giving retail info to someone not Age Verified!
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 16:54   #15
Freeze

Viper, that depends.
If it's something like a M4, then yes. On my friend's it came with both a orange and a black tip, so he swapped them almost as soon as it was out of the box.
If it's something like a 1911, then probably not. The tip is glued on or like painted on AFAIK.
I'm probably wrong on the pistol part because I've never had a pistol with an orange tip save for crappy springers.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank