Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My Disappointment - KJW Glock 23

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 22nd, 2005, 20:38   #1
captainafternoon
mrlexmark

My Disappointment - KJW Glock 23

So i got my first gas blow back as a gift for my birthday a month ago from Will at Specarms. A KJWorks Glock 23 ABS Ver. and i was quite proud of it. It is a very solid pistol and i've probly shot over 500 bbs from when i got it till now.

The last few days its been shooting strangely, the mag would be full of gas and i would get a "plunk" sound that usualy only happens when im out of gas. Some other problems were that the slide wouldnt stay back on the last shot and the power of the gun would go from dreadfully low than back to normal throughout the shots.

I decided to strip the pistol down and something caught my eye. It was a crack right where the rear sight was and down to the rails. Ive been bummed out ever since my discovery.

Now i'm just sitting here with a useless pisol that i broke just a month after i had it to me. I'm thinking about getting a metal slide for the gun but i dont know where to start. Maybe Will if you can see this you can help me get a metal slide for my KJW Glock 23 as its not in your product inventery. If anyone has any ideas for me please post them for me.

Thanks
captainafternoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2005, 20:44   #2
SockMonkey

Send a message via MSN to SockMonkey
were you using green gas in a plastic pistol? check WGC.
SockMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2005, 20:44   #3
Freedom Fighter

Uh oh, you may be in for a pretty big let down here ... My good friend Rick has the exact same gun and the slide is also broken. He has tried for months to find a slide for it. He has not been able to find one anywhere. Not Canada, not the US, not HK ... nowhere.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 20:47   #4
Valdes

I don't really know much about GBBs but almost any crack with plastic can be resealed (joint is stronger than before) with krazy glue + clamp/vice.
Valdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2005, 20:55   #5
captainafternoon
mrlexmark

SHIT. So basicaly my only option is buying a tube of crazy glue...
Ive been searchign for sites for hours, Does anyone know what other sites sell Metal slides for my gun or if any other glock 19/23 slides from other companies work with mine? Maybe theres still a chance that i can fix my gun. Maybe i shouldnt have used propane. Maybe i shouldnt have shot my gun at all.

I feel like shit.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 21:02   #6
Valdes

No worries, krazie glue is not all that expensive

I truly feel bad for what has happened to you, I hate when something pops my balloon

I'm sorry but there is likely no available replacement slide for a KJWorks Glock 23(I looked myself). Your best bet(its a long shot) is to fix the plastic slide and have it replicated in steel (using mouldes).
Valdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2005, 21:06   #7
captainafternoon
mrlexmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdes
No worries, krazie glue is not all that expensive

I truly feel bad for what has happened to you, I hate when something pops my balloon

I'm sorry but there is likely no available replacement slide for a KJWorks Glock 23(I looked myself). Your best bet(its a long shot) is to fix the plastic slide and have it replicated in steel (using mouldes).
Do you know of any places that can do that?
Old June 22nd, 2005, 21:09   #8
Freedom Fighter

The cost to have such an item machined would be pretty incredible. Your better off keeping that gun for spare parts and grabbing another, but one that comes with a metal slide. You could also sell what you have as a parts kit to someone else and use the money to go toward the purchase of your next GBB.

Sometimes this stuff happens and you learn from it. Sometimes the lesson is expensive, trust me I know.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 21:11   #9
silent_lemon

not for a nominal fee...

dont use krazy glue...use better quality stuff, there's that 2 part epoxy, mix it together, and presto, glue that will last. Well, that's waht i would use anyways.
silent_lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2005, 21:11   #10
captainafternoon
mrlexmark

I guess thats my only option after i try crazy glueing it. Thanks for helping but if anyone else has any imput at all please do so.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 21:29   #11
Freedom Fighter

KSC Glock 23F Plastic Slide ... not sure if it can be modded for you gun. The only GBB's I really know anything about are M11's and M9's ...

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=10499
Old June 22nd, 2005, 21:35   #12
Raw Deal

Look for a type of glue called kleebfix, this stuff is from switzerland.
Ive repaired small blocks of marble with it, great for plastics too.
My 2 cents.
Gary Paul Johnston: on selecting a new MEU (SOC) 1911 pistol-Whatever happens,there's no doubt that a "few good men" will once again carry the finest combat pistol in the world and we can only pray that a lot of bad men will regret it.

Coyote tan is the new black...
Raw Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2005, 21:38   #13
Grim Fandango

Send a message via ICQ to Grim Fandango Send a message via MSN to Grim Fandango
I've contacted STTI in Taiwain about metal slides for the KJ G23 as well as the upgraded springs for the metal slide, i'm waiting to hear back from them. If anyone is looking for one of these PM me so I know how much interest there is in these.
Grim Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2005, 21:45   #14
captainafternoon
mrlexmark

OMG. GRIM!

You just brought hope back to me. PM'd you, i would do it more than once but that could annoy you :-P

ill be looking for that Kleebfix when i go to canadian tire tomarow.

I dont think any of the full auto slides would work with my gun because theres a big gap for the compensater ports and a round hole where the slide grips are for the select fire switch but thanks for lookin.

Now another thing keeps bugging me. I cant seem to figure out if the cracked slide was the cause of the weak shots. Its strange but the first shots are soo week they cant go through one side cardboard box than the next shots are powerfull enough to pierce two pieces of cardboard....
Old June 22nd, 2005, 23:52   #15
v82slo

PM me if you want a G19 plastic slide and outer barrel. I've got a set from my gun when it was upgraded to full metal. No sites included but slide is in great shape and I believe previous owner upgraded to metal almost immediately. $25 and the set is yours, located in Markham/GTA area.

Of course if you run propane on any of the plastic glocks the slide will break. Stick with duster unless you go metal.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner