Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

the G3-SG1

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 12th, 2005, 02:14   #1
attack-beaver

the G3-SG1

i have done all the reading i can take. so now to ask people in my country what do you think of the G3-SG1. I was think of a famas but there are no upgrades so forgot that gun. I just won't to hear what you all have to say. I am 6'1 about 170lb so size will not be my problem with this gun.

P.S: i hate anything from the MP5 family so don't even think of saying "just get a MP5 their better" cause guess what i HATE THEM SO MUCH.
attack-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2005, 02:18   #2
BC_K
Banned

Big, Accurate, reliable & looks damn good.

Can make a wicked assualt rifle or sniper rifle.

Was a great AEG when I had it. 400fps with a 6.04mm tightbore. Damn powerful & accurate.

Slight body creak but other then that, it was wicked.
BC_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2005, 02:37   #3
attack-beaver

cool cool but people keep it coming.
Old June 12th, 2005, 03:11   #4
RAS_Jackson

Send a message via MSN to RAS_Jackson
Good size gun for your frame, the SG1 is a really nice piece once upgraded.
here are the bad things i hated when i had an SG1

1. the bipod inst great.
2. the whole gun has a FLEX feel to it.
3. the selector switch is inst well made.

keep that stuff in mind, best thing to do is go hold an SG1 that has been skimished before purchasing one

www.rangersairsoft.com
RAS_Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2005, 03:18   #5
attack-beaver

well said for me no one in my area as one that they well let me use cause it is there only gun and a hold 'n' shot is not good for me i have to use play a game see how it feels in combat.
Old June 12th, 2005, 05:01   #6
BC_K
Banned

attack-beacer. Just curious how old are you?

Hmmm. On a side note, Have you considered getting an AUG? It is V3, has longer inner barrel then the SG1 (means more accurate & more range), Makes a wicked sniper & NO body creak at all. Let alone the Aug is pretty damn durable as is. Powerful & accuarte as well.
BC_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2005, 20:25   #7
firemachine69

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAS_Jackson
Good size gun for your frame, the SG1 is a really nice piece once upgraded.
here are the bad things i hated when i had an SG1

1. the bipod inst great.
2. the whole gun has a FLEX feel to it.
3. the selector switch is inst well made.

keep that stuff in mind, best thing to do is go hold an SG1 that has been skimished before purchasing one

From what I gather, little or no selector switches are ever made well for airsoft... Hmm... Perhaps something I could start CAD'ing up?
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2005, 22:33   #8
Mr_Steezy

If you wanna make it into a sniper heres a possible guideline?

http://www.dentrinity.com/ClarenceLai/g3sv.htm
Old June 13th, 2005, 00:05   #9
attack-beaver

my idea for the G3 is to out a R.I.S and the a M203 on the gun. plus a good c mag. but is there any chance that a bipod can be mounted on the gun with a M203 on the grip.
Old June 13th, 2005, 16:47   #10
Shugart

Quote:
Originally Posted by attack-beacer
my idea for the G3 is to out a R.I.S and the a M203 on the gun. plus a good c mag. but is there any chance that a bipod can be mounted on the gun with a M203 on the grip.

Oh god...Why ruin such a beautiful gun...

Even though you are rather Large, the SG-1 is still a HUGE rifle. Thats not really an issue, but keep in mind if you plan to do a lot of CQB.

The main issue I have is the dam mags. There are no "good" vest's for the G3 series mags. There are ok subsititues, but I would prefer something that holds the mags snug.

Right now, my gun is sitting just under 380 FPS with only a 150% and some metal bushings (But it must also be noted that Manchovie made love to my gun). The gun is nuts. It has a beast of an ROF, and there are no High speed gears inside. The only other additions I'm looking at is a Tight Bore and a Spring guide, and The gun will be set for life.

Also, about metal bodies. I was told they can bring the gun up to 15ilbs...So I would avoid one, unless you plan to lay prone a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah Arendt
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thucydides
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.
Shugart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2005, 19:34   #11
attack-beaver

so metel is a bad idea only if i plan on being a sniper (witch is not for me). i now it is a great stock gun but. i have been reading many reviews on the gun and they all say it is a very good idea to put a metal body kit on the gun so it is more ridgid and will not flex. but if there is a way to get around this problem with out blowing my bank please tell.
Old June 13th, 2005, 19:47   #12
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

Quote:
but if there is a way to get around this problem with out blowing my bank please tell.
It's airsoft. get on your knees and blow.

The gun might be a bit long for using a m203 effectively. And being that m203's are most effective in CQB you aren't looking at a good combo. get a second back up gun for CQB.

When playing in bush you may find you have to take the gun off target to manover through the denser stuff... and while I haven't witnessed this first hand, this gun has issues with being slung.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2005, 19:57   #13
sherlockbonez

I have a full metal one sitting in my room right now. It's HEAVY, much heavier than the full metal m16 that i use. I personally don't mind the bipod, as i have found that the famas ones are much worse. Also, u have to think about a scope and mount for it b/c the cheek piece would get in the way of using the sight. However, I dispite all the above attributes, I still think that it's a pretty cool gun when upgraded.
Old June 13th, 2005, 20:20   #14
attack-beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Quote:
but if there is a way to get around this problem with out blowing my bank please tell.
It's airsoft. get on your knees and blow.
mmm let me think NO!!!!

i now of the scope and what you need to mount it and that has been added to the purchase of the gun.
Old June 13th, 2005, 21:10   #15
Ace12GA
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to Ace12GA
The G3 SG1 in stock form in a good all around rifle. You can upgrade it pretty easily too. Its bloody huge. I'm 6'6" and I think its almost too big. I actually now play with a P90 modified with an extended buttstock, and an SG1 length barrel for woodlands, and the stock barrel for CQB. Takes 2 minutes to swap the barrels. Very very versatile setup IMHO. If you plan on owning one AEG, and want to play CQB, and woodlands, then you want to pick a different gun; an M4, or an AUG; a P90 if you do what I did to it.

Back to the SG1, I liked mine, right up until I decided to upgrade it. Then, not so much. If you ever upgrade one, stay away from CA reinforced mechboxes; they are shit. In short, due to the reinforced mechbox being ass, the gears ate themselves in about 1 second. Aside from that, pretty easy to upgrade. I did spring, piston, metal bushings, better cylinder, etc.. with the stock mechbox, and it rocked. I should have left it at that, but oh well.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion