Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Raven Concealment Kydex Holsters

:

Gear Discussion

Old October 1st, 2011, 14:20   #1
ShadowNet

Raven Concealment Kydex Holsters

Ever since the release of Magpul Dyanmics: The Art of the Dynamic Handgun, I'm sure popularity of Raven Concealment holsters skyrocketed. As you know, they are quite pricey (around $80) and take a long time to ship. I found an Ebay seller from South Korea who sells Raven Concealment holsters for around $60 bucks plus $11 shipping to Canada. I am not sure if they are genuine or replicas, but if you want to get a Phantom style holster for cheaper, no harm taking a look.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/masterkjlee/m...&_trksid=p3686
Old October 1st, 2011, 15:12   #2
Danke

Some of the spelling mistakes there give me pause.
Old October 1st, 2011, 15:34   #3
ShadowNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Some of the spelling mistakes there give me pause.
Seeing as it's a guy from South Korea... I wouldn't be surprised if the L's and R's are mixed up as well ;D Is anyone brave enough to buy one?

EDIT: Horrible grammar could also be a result of google translate :S
Old October 4th, 2011, 07:45   #4
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

If you want to support North American business, contact Google "101 Holsters". http://gonetraining.blogspot.com/

The site sucks, but the product is stellar.

He's a real solid guy, with amazingly priced holsters, custom made and delivered within 2 weeks.

His product is a near replica of the Raven product as well, at only $50 for a regular holster, $65 for a holster with weapon mounted light, $20 for pistol magazine carriers, and $20 for rifle magazine carriers.

He even has unique products such as pistol mag carriers piggybacked to rifle mag carriers, and a replica of the Raven Concealment quad mag carrier.

He's a good guy, friendly, helpful, and fast with comms. I would not hesitate to deal with him again.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 11:29   #5
ShadowNet

Thanks for the link ILLusion. Gonna see if he can make a Glock 17 w/ threaded barrel holster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
If you want to support North American business, contact Google "101 Holsters". http://gonetraining.blogspot.com/

The site sucks, but the product is stellar.

He's a real solid guy, with amazingly priced holsters, custom made and delivered within 2 weeks.

His product is a near replica of the Raven product as well, at only $50 for a regular holster, $65 for a holster with weapon mounted light, $20 for pistol magazine carriers, and $20 for rifle magazine carriers.

He even has unique products such as pistol mag carriers piggybacked to rifle mag carriers, and a replica of the Raven Concealment quad mag carrier.

He's a good guy, friendly, helpful, and fast with comms. I would not hesitate to deal with him again.
Old October 8th, 2011, 11:46   #6
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Too bad I don't have access to various pistols/mags/lights, I could make Kydex accessories to add to my knife and sheath line since I already am set up to work with Kydex....
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 11:57   #7
Scouser

ummm stalker im sure someone would loan you various pistols for you to make them, judging by the work you have already done

that or pick up the cheapest in each line you think would sell, and the holsters should make the money back on the guns to use as your template without a lot of difficulty

people already drool like crazy over your knives
Old October 8th, 2011, 12:09   #8
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Hehe, I like the loaner idea better.

But ya, thanks, they are getting awesome reviews so far, best one was from AngelusNex, said his wife was pissed at him for buying one........... til she saw it and was impressed enough to let him off the hook!

Have been approached my xXAndrewXx about making him a pair of RavenConceilment style mag holders for the pmag 7.62 mags he has, so that'll give me some experience with working bigger things than knives. Earlier asked about a custom holster for his 1911 and single stack mag pouches.

BTW Scouser, when are you going to become part of the 'STKR Knife Owner Club'?

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; October 8th, 2011 at 12:15..
Old October 8th, 2011, 17:30   #9
Coresair

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Hehe, I like the loaner idea better.

But ya, thanks, they are getting awesome reviews so far, best one was from AngelusNex, said his wife was pissed at him for buying one........... til she saw it and was impressed enough to let him off the hook!

Have been approached my xXAndrewXx about making him a pair of RavenConceilment style mag holders for the pmag 7.62 mags he has, so that'll give me some experience with working bigger things than knives. Earlier asked about a custom holster for his 1911 and single stack mag pouches.

BTW Scouser, when are you going to become part of the 'STKR Knife Owner Club'?
I'm having such a hard time finding a kydex/RCS style holster for my pre-b CZ75 (KWA KZ75) I definitely hit you up for one if you'd be willing to do it :P.
Coresair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 17:36   #10
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

Stalker - this might help:

How to make a Kydex holster Picture Tutorial - M4Carbine.net Forums
Old October 8th, 2011, 18:36   #11
Disco_Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coresair View Post
I'm having such a hard time finding a kydex/RCS style holster for my pre-b CZ75 (KWA KZ75) I definitely hit you up for one if you'd be willing to do it :P.
I absolutely don't want to take business away from Stalker but the CZ fits in a lot of 1911 holsters. Safarilands and Uncle Mike's for sure.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 22:17   #12
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Send me the gun and an idea of what you want........ I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALIBANMILAN View Post

Thanks Milan, but I have the techniques for Kydex down already, just saying I haven't tried a holster or mag pouch yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
I absolutely don't want to take business away from Stalker but the CZ fits in a lot of 1911 holsters. Safarilands and Uncle Mike's for sure.
If your info gives me more time at the bench making knives............. Lol, is all good!
Old October 9th, 2011, 22:55   #13
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
The thing with fitted Kydex holsters like the ones discussed in this thread, is that even some 1911's will NOT fit another 1911 holster because each holster is modeled specifically for each gun and each of its nuances.

For example, a Springfield 1911 will not *properly* fit a Kimber 1911 Blade Tech holster, despite all other stats being the same (railed, 5" barrel, standard dust cover.)

I say *properly*, because although you can jam a springfield 1911 in to said Kimber 1911 holster, the fit will not be exact and it does not seat as well as it's supposed to.

Many of the more flexible form fitted holsters, such as the Raven and 101 holsters, rely on precision fit against the trigger guard and the dust cover location to lock the gun in place.

Uncle Mike's and Safariland holsters, on the other hand, use an alternative method of retention, and as a result, are able to secure the weapon with much looser tolerances around the rest of the gun.

This does mean that pressure-fit holsters like the Raven and 101 can wear down the finish of your gun faster, but this is the tradeoff you deal with so that you can look as cool as Travis Haley and Chris Costa....
Old October 9th, 2011, 23:02   #14
Coresair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
The thing with fitted Kydex holsters like the ones discussed in this thread, is that even some 1911's will NOT fit another 1911 holster because each holster is modeled specifically for each gun and each of its nuances.

For example, a Springfield 1911 will not *properly* fit a Kimber 1911 Blade Tech holster, despite all other stats being the same (railed, 5" barrel, standard dust cover.)

I say *properly*, because although you can jam a springfield 1911 in to said Kimber 1911 holster, the fit will not be exact and it does not seat as well as it's supposed to.

Many of the more flexible form fitted holsters, such as the Raven and 101 holsters, rely on precision fit against the trigger guard and the dust cover location to lock the gun in place.

Uncle Mike's and Safariland holsters, on the other hand, use an alternative method of retention, and as a result, are able to secure the weapon with much looser tolerances around the rest of the gun.

This does mean that pressure-fit holsters like the Raven and 101 can wear down the finish of your gun faster, but this is the tradeoff you deal with so that you can look as cool as Travis Haley and Chris Costa....
I did read somewhere that, in the long run, Kydex holsters might actually wear down a gun less than a leather holster, mostly due to the leather soaking up debris, oil and dirt that are not so easy to clean up, but I cannot tell from my personal experience, so that could be false.
Coresair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 23:23   #15
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
I did read somewhere that, in the long run, Kydex holsters might actually wear down a gun less than a leather holster, mostly due to the leather soaking up debris, oil and dirt that are not so easy to clean up, but I cannot tell from my personal experience, so that could be false.
That's totally true, as well. Unlike leather, you can just wash a kydex holster out with some soap and water.

Also, sharper edges of your weapon can actually wear the holster down to fit precisely.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion