Gearbox upgrade, CA M4 - Looking for advice

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 17th, 2010, 22:16   #1
H1TMAN
formerly GRoy

Gearbox upgrade, CA M4 - Looking for advice

Hello everyone,

My M4 was having problems lately and when I opened the gearbox tonight I discovered that I had a broken selector plate and a partially stripped piston.

Now that I have the gearbox open, I might as well do some upgrades to improve my M4's performance. It currently shoots at 395 FPS and it has a Prometheus tightbore barrel. Here is my minor and major upgrade plan.

MINOR PLAN

I was thinking of replacing my stock rear wiring with a new G&P trigger switch that is rear wired, since the stock CA uses two mini connectors. Obviously I'm going to replace the piston and selector plate, which im thinking of going with Modify or Prometheus. I was also thinking of replacing the CA motor with a G&P 120 motor. If I go with this plan I would not upgrade the compression parts because the CA stock parts are excellent and give me no air leaks.

Should I stop here or just rebuilt the hole darn thing?

MAJOR PLAN

My major is to basicly rebuild the entire gearbox from scratch. I'm thinking of going full out with Prometheus and ARS for the cylinder and piston head, G&P motor, etc. A Major overhaul will get expensive pretty fast, so I was wondering if I would just be better off to buy a G&P gearbox and motor and upgrade the compression parts to ARS or go full out?

Thanks for the advice.
H1TMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications