TM MP7 Upgrades?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 26th, 2010, 04:46   #1
Brockavich

Send a message via MSN to Brockavich
TM MP7 Upgrades?

Hi there.

So I had the chance to Chrono my Mp7 today... I bought it a year or two ago and the FPS really disappointed me. It was shooting at about 190-220 FPS. Obviously there is something wrong with it but that's another story.

However, I would still very much like to upgrade this thing slightly to increase its accuracy and FPS. Shooting slightly under 300 is what I'm aiming for. However I know upgrading the MP7 is very tricky and is not upgrade friendly from what I've heard.

To put a point to this: What kinds of upgrades would you recommend? I'm basically asking TM MP7 owners, however if you think you could offer some knowledge feel free. I was looking at new bushings, tightbore, new spring, that kind of stuff. However I can't help but feel the little 7.2V battery couldn't handle driving all this new machinery.

Regardless, ideas if you have them? Or would I be better off shooting a KWA/KSC MP7 instead :P

Note: I pretty much use this thing exclusively as a CQC/CQB Primary and a backup for outdoor. I'm not one of those nutty people who are trying to convert this thing to play with full AEGs. I've got my AUG for that. That in mind, keep your suggestions or ideas trained on that
Old September 26th, 2010, 04:51   #2
cjboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockavich View Post
Hi there.

So I had the chance to Chrono my Mp7 today... I bought it a year or two ago and the FPS really disappointed me. It was shooting at about 190-220 FPS. Obviously there is something wrong with it but that's another story.

However, I would still very much like to upgrade this thing slightly to increase its accuracy and FPS. Shooting slightly under 300 is what I'm aiming for. However I know upgrading the MP7 is very tricky and is not upgrade friendly from what I've heard.

To put a point to this: What kinds of upgrades would you recommend? I'm basically asking TM MP7 owners, however if you think you could offer some knowledge feel free. I was looking at new bushings, tightbore, new spring, that kind of stuff. However I can't help but feel the little 7.2V battery couldn't handle driving all this new machinery.

Regardless, ideas if you have them? Or would I be better off shooting a KWA/KSC MP7 instead :P

Note: I pretty much use this thing exclusively as a CQC/CQB Primary and a backup for outdoor. I'm not one of those nutty people who are trying to convert this thing to play with full AEGs. I've got my AUG for that. That in mind, keep your suggestions or ideas trained on that
hey dude,
The only upgrade I can tell you is get KSC or KWA mp7 lol with NPAS kit to reduce FPS so you can play it at XT hahaha... TM sucks nuts
I own one and the guys from XT loved it :P I cant wait to use it again next time.
Old September 26th, 2010, 04:54   #3
cjboi

You cant do much with TM mp7. If you're into trademarks then I suggest get KSC like mine :P or if you just want decent trademarks then get KWA mp7. They're both same gas system by the way.
Old September 26th, 2010, 04:57   #4
Brockavich

Haha, yeah I plan to def. use this thing at XT... I heard the KWA shoots at around 380 which is ridiculously high...

But uhh... The KSC apparently has a plastic bolt. Only thing that dissuades me from it? Your advice?
Old September 26th, 2010, 05:04   #5
cjboi

KSC does not have plastic bolt. I spoke to you last friday, I just didnt use my mp7. I always try to use new guns. But ya, KSC mp7 shoots 420 FPS while KWA mp7 shoots 375+ FPS. KSC has metal bolt same as KWA, I have an extra one with me right now. The main difference between the two is KSC mp7 (taiwan) has finned flute valve that's why it shoots about 400+ FPS, while the KWA mp7 has the white nylon peg valve. I had both, but I got rid of my KWA mp7 because I like the trademarks better on my KSC taiwan. Now there's also KSC mp7 (japan) which only takes HFC134 gas and has thinner cylinder, piston head and thick aluminum valve and also there's KWA mp7 (asia version) same as KWA mp7 externally (only difference is it has HK after serial instead of US) and it shoots the same as the KSC mp7 taiwan. KSC mp7 (taiwan version) and KWA mp7 (US version) are basically the same internally, except the valve in it.

Last edited by cjboi; September 26th, 2010 at 05:06..
cjboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 05:05   #6
cjboi

The only plastic in all MP7 is the "charging" handle for the bolt... which is the same in the real gun.
Old September 26th, 2010, 05:12   #7
Brockavich

Oh, that was you? Lol, fancy running into you here :P

Well anyways yeah... Trademarks aren't a huge deal for me. As long as there's not massive white sticker or some crap that says MADE BY KWA/KSC LOL I won't mind.

It really boils down to weight for me. I plan to lug this thing around in outdoor strapped to my leg as something to spray as a last resort when my AUG is dry. So... I have heard that the KWA/KSCs are actually a bit heavier than the real life emmpeescheven. So... yeah.

Oh and I don't mind plastic at all. In fact I don't like guns that are ALL steel, even when the Real steel isn't ALL steel lol, seems kinda goofy to me.

Anyways okay thanks for you input dude.
Old September 26th, 2010, 11:40   #8
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

yup, definitely go for a gbb mp7.... I'm a proud owner of one.. (KSC taiwan mp7 FTW!!!)

Or you could go for the KSC mp9 route.... (Karma is getting some in soon...:P)

But that's up to you.... I think that the MP9 is a little smaller.....
Old September 26th, 2010, 16:07   #9
Brockavich

Oh heavens no, I'm an MP7 guy all the way. Such a badass little gun haha. Plus I already got the thigh holster for it
Old September 26th, 2010, 19:41   #10
cjboi

So you still wanna fix your MP7 huh??? The spring was probably left compressed instead of released. You can get better spring for your MP7, by the way.
Old September 27th, 2010, 16:19   #11
Brockavich

Well the odds of me selling it are much better if I make sure its working properly

And that's okay. I've been reading up on the badassness of the KWA/KSC MP7s and they seem just excellent so I think I'll give it a go. Plus I've never tried a gas blowback so here's a chance to have my first
Old September 27th, 2010, 21:12   #12
selimsrm

You can get the nine ball upgrade parts for the MP7.
There is a spring, cylinder, bushings, cylinder head, TBB, and external battery adapter available.

complete kit
battery adapter

I have the battery adapter on my vz61 and run an 8.4v mini on it.
The rest of the parts should put you around 300fps.
selimsrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 00:00   #13
Brockavich

Oh yeah, and whats a good kit to grab to make sure this thing shoots around 325 fps? I'd like to be comfortably under 350

I read about the RATech System 7 NPAS thingy but I'm wondering if there's something better

Last edited by Brockavich; October 2nd, 2010 at 00:07..
Brockavich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:25   #14
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:

I read about the RATech System 7 NPAS thingy but I'm wondering if there's something better
why would you need something better?
Old October 2nd, 2010, 10:00   #15
Dart

Quote:
Oh yeah, and whats a good kit to grab to make sure this thing shoots around 325 fps? I'd like to be comfortably under 350

The Npas is only for the gas ones and won't have any use in your TM... I dunno if thats what you ment but just letting you know.

as for the GBB mp7 yah they sure rip pretty good. I personally prefer my mac11 for the smaller size as a side arm but would not turn down a mp7 or mp9 if someone offered her to me lol.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications