cheap sunglasses-style goggles

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 31st, 2010, 23:01   #1
Huge
formerly Huge94

cheap sunglasses-style goggles

I found these on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ht_2416wt_1106

I know I shouldnt go cheap for eye protection, but fact is I would only wear them seldomly, when I get the 'sniper' role aka when I really need to use my scope. Also they state it is designed for protection for airsoft, so they're not just sunglasses.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 23:05   #2
Rugger_can

http://www.esseyepro.com/ICE-2X_146_detail.html

Hunt around for a set of these, they are great. I paid 55 Shipped and got clear and Tinted full set.

ESS ICE.

Your eye's are worth 50 dollars amiright?
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 23:06   #3
Huge
formerly Huge94

yeah i had them in mind too, I just saw those onEbay and thought about paying 40$ more for something I wouldnt use all that often
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 23:13   #4
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
yeah i had them in mind too, I just saw those onEbay and thought about paying 40$ more for something I wouldnt use all that often
I wear the Tinted ones like sunglasses, very comfortable and tacticool stylish. Considering their quality I find them to be very well priced. Try getting a pair of new Oakleys for 50 bucks...

Fact of the matter is, if you really want to be cheap there are tonnes of ASNI approved glasses out there of better quality in the sub 20 dollar range. But I would still suggest the ESS or similar brands as they have superior build quality.

Also, on an Aside. If your willing to believe anything that a Ebay HK seller says as true then I have a suitcase full of Snakeoil here that will cure any ailment for the low low price of... Seriously they are full of shiz, I could make a pair of glasses out of Cellotape and toothpicks and claim its "designed for airsoft" and that means nothing. Not trying to insult you Im just saying that most likely the seller is full of bunk.

Cheers

Last edited by Rugger_can; May 31st, 2010 at 23:16..
Old May 31st, 2010, 23:33   #5
R.I.

Those sunglasses/safety glasses look sick. Where did you get them for $50 though because the website you linked quotes $75 plus shipping.

How are they for fogging?
R.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 23:39   #6
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I. View Post
Those sunglasses/safety glasses look sick. Where did you get them for $50 though because the website you linked quotes $75 plus shipping.

How are they for fogging?
I had them fog once while grocery shopping and I opened the freezer to get some frozen peas. I had to reach down in. The fogging cleared away after around 10 seconds. They include an anti fog pad to clean them before use as well.

I ordered from Ebay from this guy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300429030598

This is the actual ebay store I purchased from. I guess I should have specified US Dollars.

Cheers.
Old May 31st, 2010, 23:44   #7
R.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger_can View Post
I had them fog once while grocery shopping and I opened the freezer to get some frozen peas. I had to reach down in. The fogging cleared away after around 10 seconds.
That is unacceptable. I refuse to purchase them.
R.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 23:48   #8
KND
* AV revoked *

If you are on budget, get one of this,

http://www.action-airsoft.hk/Product...-PL-03-RG.html

I'm lucky enough to get mine 20 $ brand new from local who doesn't need them anymore. Oh ! yeah, as for airsoft, this glasses is pretty good enough. I tested mine with my L96 shot 450 fps with .20 g shot almost point blank, only a small dot left on.

you can source one from ehobbyasia.com

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 00:12   #9
Brakoo

Personally I wouldn't trust anything without an ANSI rating of some sort or something that's been paintball approved. Hence why I only go with ESS or ballistic rated Oakley. Cheaping out on a sight is alright but cheaping on something that can cost you your own sight isn't.

Brakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 13:03   #10
Affliction
a.k.a. Fury a.k.a. VipaMave

I have these:
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/combat-ge...ses-black.html

Comes with a very nice case too -- 4 separate compartments for each of the 4 lenses (so they won't rub against each other and scratch).
Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 13:05   #11
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I'd keep with reputable company that did not replicate the ANSI ratings logo, but actually passed the rating tests.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 13:21   #12
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by KND View Post
If you are on budget, get one of this,

http://www.action-airsoft.hk/Product...-PL-03-RG.html

I'm lucky enough to get mine 20 $ brand new from local who doesn't need them anymore. Oh ! yeah, as for airsoft, this glasses is pretty good enough. I tested mine with my L96 shot 450 fps with .20 g shot almost point blank, only a small dot left on.

you can source one from ehobbyasia.com
If there is an imperfection on the lense, then they have been compromised. In other words, get new lenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
I'd keep with reputable company that did not replicate the ANSI ratings logo, but actually passed the rating tests.
+1

Seriously guys, dont go "cheap" on eyewear. I cant believe I have to even say this. ANSI CSA approved real eyewear. It does not matter how much or little you will use them, they only need to fail once for you to be blinded.

I call FAIL on this thread

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 20:11   #13
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
What the shit is with people going with cheap life saving and protective gear? Actual serving soldiers and Marines have lost their lives relying on Chinese clone tourniquets for fuck's sake. Real eye protection is only a fraction more expensive than the clone stuff. Jesus.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 20:27   #14
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
What the shit is with people going with cheap life saving and protective gear? Actual serving soldiers and Marines have lost their lives relying on Chinese clone tourniquets for fuck's sake. Real eye protection is only a fraction more expensive than the clone stuff. Jesus.
Truer words never spoken.

The use of my eyes for the remainder of my life more then justifies the measly fifty dollar difference when it comes to crap and quality in the world of eye protection.
Old June 1st, 2010, 22:36   #15
101jinx101
*backyard warrior*

Quote:
ESS eyewear features high-impact polycarbonate lenses, which can stop a shotgun blast from 35 feet.
'Nuff said.
101jinx101 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion