Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft Sniper

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 22nd, 2009, 13:42   #181
Flying Squirrel

Just make the point of acting mature and resposnsible. The main reason for the age thing to my understanding has to do with legal accountability more than anything becasue of the nature of this game and the risks and hazards assoiated with it, your expected to act like an adult at all times and be responsible.

(Feel free to correct me on this If I got it wrong this is just my understanding)

Certified Airsoft Level 2 Bolt-Action Sharp-shooter
Flying Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 13:53   #182
HalfHeaded

ya to be honest all i want to do know before 16 or 18 is to gain the respect of the older people here because there the people that when im 16 make the dicision to let me play or not, or even just to go to the games.

I also have to ask something: when i turn 16 (two whole damn years) and people say you can play but you need parental permission, do they mean as in signing a waiver or do they have to be there in the flesh. any answers would be great.
HalfHeaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 14:40   #183
theguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfHeaded View Post
ya to be honest all i want to do know before 16 or 18 is to gain the respect of the older people here because there the people that when im 16 make the dicision to let me play or not, or even just to go to the games.

I also have to ask something: when i turn 16 (two whole damn years) and people say you can play but you need parental permission, do they mean as in signing a waiver or do they have to be there in the flesh. any answers would be great.
Thats completely at the discretion of your host/field.

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 15:24   #184
Jburough

Quote:
Originally Posted by haakon45 View Post
Unless you have a background with long range shooting and concealment tactics the sniper isnt for you when you could be much more effective with an assault rifle. sniping is for snipers, that why their position is so attractive. they have a nack for it and have the necessary training or skills. I've taken out hundreds of wanna-be snipers hiding behind logs with my sidearm. they cant make the far range shot so they move up closer to the battle or their impatient and move closer for more kill opportunity's. then they get shot and wasted most of the game loooking for a hiding spot they abandoned for more kills and in turn get shot... see the vicious circle?
when you say proper trainin do you mean actual military training, guys coming in w/ a military background, or just training from there club?

sorry to quote a post from way back, just caught my interest
"My mind is my blade, my body is my soul - w/ out them I am useless"

"squeeze my lemon - 'til the Juice runs down my leg"
-Robert Plant

Jburough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 15:27   #185
Lawdog

There are some excellent airsoft sniper courses run by experienced members of the community. I would think that is what the poster was referring to.

The one I went to was excellent.

Ld
Lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 15:32   #186
Jburough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
There are some excellent airsoft sniper courses run by experienced members of the community. I would think that is what the poster was referring to.

The one I went to was excellent.

Ld
I'm from Vancouver and Op-for says it has a sniper course
so I would presume the same, thanks man

-Robert Plant

Old July 22nd, 2009, 18:12   #187
HalfHeaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy View Post
Thats completely at the discretion of your host/field.
thanks

HalfHeaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 07:00   #188
Flying Squirrel

The reason you need parental permission is because you are not legal liable as an adult until you're 18, because you're still considered a minor. So if you get hurt or do something stupid that hurts someone else-- they [your parents] will be sued because you can't be. You cannot legally enter into any contract with anyone under the age of 18.

As far as the sniper courses go:
Contact Sha-Do about the ASC Sniper courses. He's one of the people who organized the whole ASC sniper certification system.

Certified Airsoft Level 2 Bolt-Action Sharp-shooter
Flying Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 16:08   #189
Jburough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Squirrel View Post
The reason you need parental permission is because you are not legal liable as an adult until you're 18, because you're still considered a minor. So if you get hurt or do something stupid that hurts someone else-- they [your parents] will be sued because you can't be. You cannot legally enter into any contract with anyone under the age of 18.

As far as the sniper courses go:
Contact Sha-Do about the ASC Sniper courses. He's one of the people who organized the whole ASC sniper certification system.
HHeeeeeyyyy!! thanks a billion
in the end if you're not a good sniper, what better way to counter-act something than to learn it/live it and completely understand it!

-Robert Plant

Old July 23rd, 2009, 20:16   #190
L473ncy

^^^

You should really start off with an Assault rifle, then work your way up to a DMR and finally into a sniper position. This really helps as it's more of a transition rather than "here's a sniper rifle now sink or swim". Plus there's no point in getting a sniper rifle and leaving airsoft totally because you had a bad experience with sniping which is what most "1337 sn1pahz" end up doing. At least with an assault rifle the majority of the population enjoys close up action and the excitement of being in a fire fight.

I myself know that I'm more of a run and gun assault kind of guy who likes action and the closest I'll ever be to becoming a sniper is probably a DMR or Counter-Sniper. Sniping is not for everybody, it's not like the movies at all it's really a lot of surveillance, concealment, and patience, they're not going to present themselves to you all wrapped up in a nice package, they're going to be looking out for snipers and bugging out if they see you.

Also I believe you must take a "Basic training" course before you can take the sniper course. Op-For is running a basic training course soon (if it hasn't already passed).

Best of luck though if do decide to become a sniper and go through all that training.

EDIT: Also stock class (pump action) paintball experience seems like it would help since the concept is pretty much the same.

Last edited by L473ncy; July 23rd, 2009 at 20:19..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank