:

Newbie Tank

Old July 21st, 2009, 21:37   #166
HalfHeaded

yah only problem is im 14 so i have a lot of waiting to do
HalfHeaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2009, 21:48   #167
Flying Squirrel

I had to wait too. . .Three years. Play paintball in the meantime and work on being a tactical player rather than a 'speed-ball spray and pray' player. You can win entire games in airsoft without fireing a single shot.

Be patient, Ask questions, Do your homework and reasearch. when you're old enough it'll all be open to you.

There's even the unlikely chance you may not even like this game. I have firends that would rather play paintball becasue 'airsoft is too slow'. I think they're crazy.

Certified Airsoft Level 2 Bolt-Action Sharp-shooter
Flying Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2009, 21:51   #168
HalfHeaded

no way i play woodsball and my favourite part is the tactical side but the thing with paintball is that there arnt a whole bunch of team players or tactics, i hope airsoft is different
Old July 21st, 2009, 21:53   #169
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45

Mmmm I dont really enjoy the sniper. so many people especially the younger ones seem lured to this mythic view as the sniper in a god position to quietly remove their enemy with rutheless effeciency. although being a sniper is useless unless you KNOW how to be a sniper. from video games to paintball to airsoft lots of people want the sniper position but get maybe 2 kills after setting up for 20 min then their spotted, zero'd and taken out.

Unless you have a background with long range shooting and concealment tactics the sniper isnt for you when you could be much more effective with an assault rifle. sniping is for snipers, that why their position is so attractive. they have a nack for it and have the necessary training or skills. I've taken out hundreds of wanna-be snipers hiding behind logs with my sidearm. they cant make the far range shot so they move up closer to the battle or their impatient and move closer for more kill opportunity's. then they get shot and wasted most of the game loooking for a hiding spot they abandoned for more kills and in turn get shot... see the vicious circle?

sniping is like being an actor, tonnes of people do it but only a few make it, and their presence then inspires more failure from the bottom barrel.

I dunno its not too often that I come by a successful sniper. to me it isnt worth it dropping the cash for the gun and the gear for such a narrow niche that most really, REALLY suck at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Don't take weapons training from a book. It ranks right up there with people who think they know guns from watching a Chris Costa video.
Assault Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2009, 21:55   #170
Amos

You don't know how rewarding it is sitting completely still for 20 minutes waiting for the enemy to get bored and move out of their position... then finally getting that kill and them going "AWW I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS SOME ONE THERE"
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2009, 21:57   #171
Flying Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by haakon45
Mmmm I dont really enjoy the sniper. so many people especially the younger ones seem lured to this mythic view as the sniper in a god position to quietly remove their enemy with rutheless effeciency. although being a sniper is useless unless you KNOW how to be a sniper. from video games to paintball to airsoft lots of people want the sniper position but get maybe 2 kills after setting up for 20 min then their spotted, zero'd and taken out.

Unless you have a background with long range shooting and concealment tactics the sniper isnt for you when you could be much more effective with an assault rifle. sniping is for snipers, that why their position is so attractive. they have a nack for it and have the necessary training or skills. I've taken out hundreds of wanna-be snipers hiding behind logs with my sidearm. they cant make the far range shot so they move up closer to the battle or their impatient and move closer for more kill opportunity's. then they get shot and wasted most of the game loooking for a hiding spot they abandoned for more kills and in turn get shot... see the vicious circle?

sniping is like being an actor, tonnes of people do it but only a few make it, and their presence then inspires more failure from the bottom barrel.

I dunno its not too often that I come by a successful sniper. to me it isnt worth it dropping the cash for the gun and the gear for such a narrow niche that most really, REALLY suck at.
Thats why I don't claim to be one, just a sharp shooter. I carry a small AEG (P90) for most applications and the sniper for anything outside of that range. Move in fast take the shot that the others can't reach, and get out move to the next FFP. Lightweight setup, no vest, no gillie. Scabbard with mags and a handgun for back-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos
You don't know how rewarding it is sitting completely still for 20 minutes waiting for the enemy to get bored and move out of their position... then finally getting that kill and them going "AWW I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS SOME ONE THERE"
Espically when they're looking right at you the whole time.

Last edited by Flying Squirrel; July 21st, 2009 at 22:04..
Old July 21st, 2009, 21:59   #172
HalfHeaded

so when i 18 it would not be recommended to try sniping untill ive really learned the basic skills
Old July 21st, 2009, 22:06   #173
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfHeaded View Post
so when i 18 it would not be recommended to try sniping untill ive really learned the basic skills
Don't try sniping until you've got all your gear, your gun, back-up gun, and everything upgraded.

Sniper rifles are HUGE money sinks that take away from all your other stuff
G3SD6
Old July 21st, 2009, 22:08   #174
HalfHeaded

thanks but 2 be honest i have already made about 5-6 ghillies, i sold 3 for about 450 each, i hope this doesnt sound boastfull or anything, sry but im just kinda proud lmao
Old July 21st, 2009, 22:10   #175
HalfHeaded

but ur right, sniping isnt lik the video games, especially in airsoft so i guess itl be a m14 wen the time comes lmao
Old July 21st, 2009, 22:14   #176
Flying Squirrel

An M14 is probably a better choice if you want the best of both world . . . but I don't own one so I can't say beyond first impressions.

Old July 21st, 2009, 22:15   #177
Amos

I used a TM M14 for a year... They're amazing
G3SD6
Old July 21st, 2009, 22:15   #178
HalfHeaded

uhh man i relly hope people in ontario will let me play at 16 but they prob wont
Old July 22nd, 2009, 13:21   #179
theguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfHeaded View Post
uhh man i relly hope people in ontario will let me play at 16 but they prob wont

They might, If your mature, follow all the rules, and have your parents involved.

I'm 16 and i play.

When you turn 16, try contacting local hosts asking if you can come to game, even just to watch

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 13:32   #180
HalfHeaded

thanks im only 14 so in two years il try that thanks
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank