:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread

Old September 27th, 2012, 23:48   #61
JLiang

Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackD View Post
That ain't the half of it.. the other video shows players using aviator and regular glasses (huge gaps), blind-firing galore behind cardboard shields and tall grass, no mouth protection/face protection for clearly under-aged players, crap-soft everywhere.. I'm no elitest, but it's hard to justify calling that "airsoft" when it's clearly a shit-show in the making. Time to up the game, set some standards, and ditch that leach of a game organizer. It can't get much more mediocre than what i saw on those videos.
I agree. Beautifully said.
"-----------\_*_\
Old September 27th, 2012, 23:48   #62
Mr.Shiney

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Shiney
Okay.

I have read that waiver on the site, it is a complete joke. That waiver will not protect anyone, regardless of who they are.

If you are expecting that waiver to protect you, your family or their assets. Simply, forget about it. That "waiver" will do no nothing for you.

Secondly. I saw people in that video, either not wearing eye protection, or wearing shop glasses. You need FULL SEAL GOGGLES. If a bb slips behind a set of shop glasses, opps, you are screwed.

Even the pictures on the website have people with either no eye protection, incorrect eye protection, or their goggle on their forehead(during what appears to be a game).

I would quickly discontinue any relationship with this asshat. I just wish facebook had a dislike button, or better yet, a report stupid button.

This individual, and his methods of operating, will get you in a world of hurt.

Your ass is hanging way to far into the wind right now.

Break Contact, Create Distance, Seek Cover, Reorg in the Sanity

6 Section, 2 Forward Observation Unit Airborne, Royal Artillery
Level 2 Certified BA Sniper
Sniper Instructor (Fieldcraft)

Last edited by Mr.Shiney; September 27th, 2012 at 23:54..
Old September 27th, 2012, 23:51   #63
чума

I forgot to mention any airsoft gun under 500 FPS is allowed on the field......
Old September 27th, 2012, 23:51   #64
BennyBoy

maybe you guys should take up upgraded nerf guns instead...holy shit fuck no eye protection and shooting in the dark
Old September 27th, 2012, 23:53   #65
JLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
maybe you guys should take up upgraded nerf guns instead...holy shit fuck no eye protection and shooting in the dark
Even if they did, they'd still be morons.

Darkness+500FPS+No Eye Protection = One hell of a legal shitstorm when some kid gets fucked up the ass.
"-----------\_*_\
Old September 28th, 2012, 00:00   #66
чума

That is a old video, everyone has to have some form of eye protection now.... I have tried for months to bring in more safety, rules, and legal protection.... not much has changed.
Old September 28th, 2012, 00:02   #67
Mr.Shiney

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Shiney
So what does that tell you then. If you are attempting to be the voice of reason and safety. With deaf ears around you then. Nothing will ever change. That is until someone gets hurt, and it comes to the lawyers or police involvement.

6 Section, 2 Forward Observation Unit Airborne, Royal Artillery
Level 2 Certified BA Sniper
Sniper Instructor (Fieldcraft)
Old September 28th, 2012, 00:05   #68
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

This guy is "charging" others to play on crown land? This guy is trouble, I'd space from him fast. Maybe even let others know to dump him. He's twice your age and telling you what to do on your parents property. This asswipe is using you. I thought he was someone your age. Start over, find a sanctioned area/group to play with. Hopefully Janus can help you out.
Old September 28th, 2012, 00:06   #69
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by чума View Post
That is a old video, everyone has to have some form of eye protection now.... I have tried for months to bring in more safety, rules, and legal protection.... not much has changed.
The Road to Hell is paved with Good Intentions.. whether they be from your own misguided efforts, or as a result of the organizer sabotaging your efforts.

From what i see on this side of the screen from youtube and that CV site, he has no business being involved in organizing games, period, full stop.

Never mind showing that wanker organizer this thread, he's a lost cause - instead, show this thread to your parents along with a cup of coffee.. because it's time that they wake the fuck up, before it is too late.

Last edited by HackD; September 28th, 2012 at 00:23..
Old September 28th, 2012, 00:13   #70
чума

I just showed them... they are not happy... at all... Thanks everyone who has posted on this thread and hopefully it'll help others who are not sure what is going on.
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:03   #71
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Take care of yourself. We are here if needs be.
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:25   #72
JLiang

Exactly. If they aren't happy, then they can take their sore asses elsewhere.

I apologize for the coarse language in some of my previous posts in this thread, but this is a serious matter, and I'm actually really angry at this 'leader'. It sounds like he's a complete prick.

Anyway, keep safe, and hopefully you can teach some of your responsibility to other players in your area.
"-----------\_*_\
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:42   #73
Avanarius

CV Airsoft organizer / assister / helper person (whatever you want to call me) here; there's so much incorrect information going around in this thread it's not even funny. So I'll ignore most of what's in this thread and tell everyone this: We're all very new to this. Not once; I repeat not once has a single person voiced any concerns to me, and I am essentially next in line to the 'leader'. I do understand that the age limit is well; pretty laxing, well since tonight (I learned as I read). That said: I will be changing what the restrictions are or I will simply not play anymore.

As for protection, eye protection is definitely mandatory; I wouldn't let a single person out of my sight without it. The sealed eye protection seems like a good idea. Although, without minors, I don't see much need for any more protection personally. We might need to enforce it in the future as the guns get more powerful but I just haven't seen much of a need for it and I've been shot by the worst of the worst from what our players bring.

All I can ask of this thread is to please not assume everything here is true because it's not. if you have any questions just post them in this thread and I will respond and will do anything I can in my power to install protective measures.
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:39   #74
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avanarius View Post
CV Airsoft organizer / assister / helper person (whatever you want to call me) here; there's so much incorrect information going around in this thread it's not even funny. So I'll ignore most of what's in this thread and tell everyone this: We're all very new to this. Not once; I repeat not once has a single person voiced any concerns to me, and I am essentially next in line to the 'leader'. I do understand that the age limit is well; pretty laxing, well since tonight (I learned as I read). That said: I will be changing what the restrictions are or I will simply not play anymore.
The owner's son, helper, participant or whatever has pretty much explained it clearly and concisely, the youtube video's and your own facebook website pretty much just confirms it. What part of that, doesn't quite jibe with your "leaders" warped sense of airsoft reality?

In person no one has voiced concerns to you? What about the OP?.. and you, or the "great Leader" blew him off?

The lack of an age limit isn't laxing, it's negligence. Again this is the main reason that the OP posted up the original topic.. everything else that you consider 'mis-information' came secondary to light of further discussion. Did you, or your "great Leader" do any background research on what is generally considered acceptable, or not, in an airsoft venue, before opening up these fields to the great unwashed, and under-aged masses? Did you take into consideration any legal ramifications of what is needed to protect your arses, that of the players at the events, and that of the land owners?

It doesn't seem you or the "great Leader" did, at all.

Quote:
As for protection, eye protection is definitely mandatory; I wouldn't let a single person out of my sight without it. The sealed eye protection seems like a good idea. Although, without minors, I don't see much need for any more protection personally. We might need to enforce it in the future as the guns get more powerful but I just haven't seen much of a need for it and I've been shot by the worst of the worst from what our players bring.
The sealed eye protection seems like a good idea, eh? Go figure. Sorry, but that one is a given, for all but the most clueless. It's pretty much the base minimum for airsoft PPE. With your low calibre of blind-firing, no MED range observing under-aged players (read potentially sue-happy parents in case of an incident) with no trigger discipline, the bare minimum should be a full-on paintball mask.

Ever had a BB bleeder? Ever picked a BB out of your skin? Ever seen someone with a tooth shot-out, or a broken limb from running down a dark trail in full-on 'zombie-panic' mode? Can you contemplate how awkward it would be explaining to 12 year old Johnny's parents why they've now got to spring out of pocket for $4000.00 worth of Post, Cap, and Crown to replace that missing tooth, or why he is sporting a brand new 10 week duration cast on his broken leg? While not a totally common happening, it does happen. With the crowd you are inviting to events (by video evidence) it's got a better chance of happening, sooner or later. These are all the things that potential lawsuits are made of, and much more - "Waiver", or no "waiver".

Oh, and both airsoft videos do make a lie out of your assertion that eye protection is mandatory at the games. Both videos show players without eyepro, and others with shop glasses, aviator glasses (!) and other inappropriate eyewear. Ansi 87.1+ safety rating, full seal eyepro, or go home in shame... Ever seen a BB bounce around inside a close-fitting pair of shooting glasses after it slipped through a gap? With players who know and practice a MED, and good trigger and aiming discipline, tight-fitting shooting glasses, maybe - but not at your calibre of player.

Does your field organizer test FPS at every event? The OP has indicated that up to 500 fps is permissable - how do you tell who has what, without a Chrony? .. and at 500 fps why bother? 500 fps is way hot, especially in the hands of a newb crew at the shit-show event.

Quote:
All I can ask of this thread is to please not assume everything here is true because it's not. if you have any questions just post them in this thread and I will respond and will do anything I can in my power to install protective measures.
Sorry, but the balance of evidence is stacked against you. There may well be a level of exaggeration present, but as the OP is the land owner (or son of) the potential liability that he faces in case of an incident, is very clearly shown by what is seen in those youtube videos, and the organizers own site.

Protective measures? For where? Privately owned land where the owners likely don't want you there any-longer, or at games being illegally played on Crown Land?

I'm going to regret this post tomorrow, i'm sure. It just pisses me off to no end to see the willfully blind, leading the under-aged and potentially blinded down the airsoft path of ignorance and negligence.

Until you clue into how to actually organize a safe event with guidelines and standards, you and the "great Leader" shouldn't really be organizing anything more complicated than a pizza order delivery to your doorstep.

Last edited by HackD; September 28th, 2012 at 10:32..
Old September 28th, 2012, 05:32   #75
Crossfire034

This is a sorta off-topic post, but... "Comox Valley Airsoft"? I've lived here for 10 years and I haven't heard of this until now. Just as I'm about to move, too.

Edit: Were you the guys who held that game behind Highland last year?

Last edited by Crossfire034; September 28th, 2012 at 05:37..
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank