SRC M4 R.I.S. (Gen 3) Problems - Need Help

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 17th, 2010, 01:54   #16
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

Quote:
Originally Posted by othellobloke View Post
Gunny - What's wrong with it? I'll tell you what's wrong with it.

The buyer's responsibility is to pay the full amount - the supplier's responsibility is to provide an undamaged working product.

Regarding the motor - it doesn't cycle the gearbox when the grip base is on. Is there something I can do to push it further down?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Loco - it's not bad mouthing. Bad mouthing would be calling Ken an asshole. I didn't. I wrote down exactly what happened and ALL of it is true. Point out which part is bad mouthing. I fulfilled my end of the bargain by paying the full amount - I expect to get what I pay for.

If it is physical damage then it certainly was NOT by me - why should I have to pay for something I didn't do, as I am now? If the tabs are a design flaw (Ken told me after the third one that they are design weakness or something like that) then he should have stated that before I bought the product, and I would have bought something else.

It's quite simple - I want to buy and receive an undamaged product.
There is just so much wrong with what you said, but I would rather not sway completely off topic.

As for the motor problem, you probably did not adjust the height correctly. Is it making a screeching noise?

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
-TM PX4 w/Detonator Aluminum Slide
LocoYokoPoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 02:10   #17
othellobloke

How do I adjust the motor height? Isn't there supposed to be a little round plate on the underside of the grip base cover or something else to push the motor down?
othellobloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 04:32   #18
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

Yes, there is suppose to be a screw on the botoom of the grup base where you can turn it to push the motor further down.

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
-TM PX4 w/Detonator Aluminum Slide
LocoYokoPoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:42   #19
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

here you go

YouTube - Airsoft Tech Tips: Motor Engagement & Adjustment for Airsoft Electric Guns AEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by othellobloke View Post
Gunny - What's wrong with it? I'll tell you what's wrong with it.

The buyer's responsibility is to pay the full amount - the supplier's responsibility is to provide an undamaged working product.

Regarding the motor - it doesn't cycle the gearbox when the grip base is on. Is there something I can do to push it further down?

Loco - it's not bad mouthing. Bad mouthing would be calling Ken an asshole. I didn't. I wrote down exactly what happened and ALL of it is true. Point out which part is bad mouthing. I fulfilled my end of the bargain by paying the full amount - I expect to get what I pay for.

If it is physical damage then it certainly was NOT by me - why should I have to pay for something I didn't do, as I am now? If the tabs are a design flaw (Ken told me after the third one that they are design weakness or something like that) then he should have stated that before I bought the product, and I would have bought something else.

It's quite simple - I want to buy and receive an undamaged product.
I dont mean to be a biatch or start a war, but this is airsoft in CANADA, and NOT Costco/Walmart/Bestbuy, there's no such thing as warranty here, all sales are usually final, unless the gun doesnt shoot, and because of the legality of this hobby in Canada for the importation, retailers cannot guarantee the finish of there product since they travel from half way across the globe, and its NOT easy to get those in..... Plus, most airsoft retailers have a life, and have stuff to pay, they dont have the credit to start giving out warranties....

IMO Ken was too kind to accept to replace your gun 2 times....

Last edited by Gunny_McSmith; November 17th, 2010 at 08:52..
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:37   #20
Kos-Mos

Ok, look.

The solution to your issue #1 is to buy a metal body.

For your issue #2, either take the mechbox apart and check for damage or bring it to a gun doc. It can be a broken gear axle (typical for a SRC) and no, Ken is not responsible. It will break when there is a jam and you keep firing.
It can also be your motor pinion that broke loose. If you need your rifle ASAP, bring it to a gun doc. If not, take your time and learn how to fix it by looking at things.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 01:58   #21
othellobloke

Does anyone know know of an online manual illustrating the parts of the motor and connected parts?

I know my way around a C7 with my eyes closed, but when it comes to electric motors n shyt I'm lost.
othellobloke is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner