Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need advices for buying my first gun.

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 15th, 2012, 21:10   #46
coach
aka coachster

Where are you located? You could do your AV and handle lots of different guns all in one stop on saturday at TAC '12.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 21:16   #47
Amberclad

I am located in Quebec , so if its Ontario or else its kinda hard to get there hehe there's only 2 people around my location that can get me AVed
Amberclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 21:27   #48
Amberclad

If I go with this one http://www.revolutionairsoft.com/Cla...ies_p_145.html , do you think I am gonna be good to play outside (where I want to play most ) ? or maybe with this one http://www.revolutionairsoft.com/KWA...bine_p_68.html and mod it a little bit ?
Old March 15th, 2012, 21:32   #49
kalnaren

You can play outside with ALL airsoft guns.

Where does this impression that only long barreled guns can compete outdoors come from? I've seen quite a few threads recently where newbies to airsoft seem to think that carbines and SMGs are only usable indoors.

Seriously, 90% of airsoft guns function pretty similar stock. You DO NOT need an upgraded, modded, or otherwise different gun to play outdoors. I've played outdoors with guns ranging from a stock P90, mildly upgraded FA-MAS, and heavily upgraded G36. All worked fine outside.

GO TO A GAME

SEE WHAT PEOPLE USE

HANDLE SOME GUNS

BUY WHAT YOU LIKE

Because this thread is starting to become redundant, take a look at this: http://airsoftcanada.com/search.php?searchid=6520829

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; March 15th, 2012 at 21:38..
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 21:45   #50
Amberclad

Yeah so far I am going for the Classic Army M15A4 CQB the site where I found it (Canadian based) does not give a battery in the package and I have read that crane stock need a special battery , what is it?
Old March 15th, 2012, 21:49   #51
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberclad View Post
If I go with this one http://www.revolutionairsoft.com/Cla...ies_p_145.html , do you think I am gonna be good to play outside (where I want to play most ) ? or maybe with this one http://www.revolutionairsoft.com/KWA...bine_p_68.html and mod it a little bit ?
Regardless as to which one you buy, you will need to downgrade the FPS from the indicated velocity down to around 350 fps with a spring change to be fieldable, and in the end, reliable - for either gun. kalnaren is correct, in the end there isn't much of a difference in average 'reach out and touch someone' from gun to gun, much less difference in barrel length between regular and CQB for the same type of gun. Average engagement distances aren't all that long on most fields.

The differences between those two guns, IMHO, comes down to your own personal preference.

Last edited by HackD; March 15th, 2012 at 21:52..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 21:54   #52
coach
aka coachster

Try reading more. The spoon you've been fed with fell on the floor and no one cares to look for it.

Kalnaren gives good advice. In fact it was given more than once and I'll expand on it. Since you are in Quebec, find out where the games are played. Go meet these people and check out what they play with. There's going to be a bit of every flavor as most people have different tastes. Get a feel for what works for you.

And again go read, read, read. There's a plethora of information on this site as well as google. If you've read that a crane stock takes a specific battery, you're almost there and can easily find which battery will fit/work.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 22:09   #53
JonsM4

I guess internet text don't compute in OPS brain. So why don't you "Amberclad" talk with the age verifier that you'll be meeting up with and he can explain everything that you need to know.
Old March 16th, 2012, 09:11   #54
Amberclad

Yeah Kalnaren pretty much sums it up . Well I have made my choice after reading and talking about it . I have read for some events that the FPS needs to be 350-400 but the gun i chose is 440 FPS what should I modify to downgrade it? Can I do it myself or seek the help of a gun doctor?

Last edited by Amberclad; March 16th, 2012 at 14:09..
Old March 18th, 2012, 15:58   #55
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

You need to down grade the spring. S90 or M100.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 16:13   #56
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberclad View Post
Yeah Kalnaren pretty much sums it up . Well I have made my choice after reading and talking about it . I have read for some events that the FPS needs to be 350-400 but the gun i chose is 440 FPS what should I modify to downgrade it? Can I do it myself or seek the help of a gun doctor?
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showpos...4&postcount=51

Told you what you needed to do, 3 posts up, and as per Kozzie's posting in reply. There are plenty of Youtube vid's on how to do a spring change on whichever version gearbox your gun will have.

Last edited by HackD; March 18th, 2012 at 16:25..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 22:13   #57
mrfister
AV Revoked

This is my next gun. Be a couple of weeks till i get it i think. G&G Max quality without max price

Tundra Arms M4 Blowback AEG - YouTube
Old March 19th, 2012, 16:30   #58
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfister View Post
This is my next gun. Be a couple of weeks till i get it i think. G&G Max quality without max price

Blowback AEG.... MEH.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 23:11   #59
Aldo69

Quote:

Looks really good, I want to see what that baby has inside, the blowback looks really crisp.
Aldo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 23:22   #60
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:

My first question would be, what is that gun a rebrand of?
May be just my eyes playing tricks on me but that looks like green hopup knobs, which means G&G.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services

Last edited by Styrak; March 19th, 2012 at 23:28..
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank