Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

stupid kid

:

General

Old April 9th, 2009, 12:37   #1
L.S.J.S

Send a message via MSN to L.S.J.S
stupid kid

This happened right down the road from me the other day!
REPLICA SHOTGUN WORRIES COPS
Posted By Kyle Rea, TIMES-JOURNAL STAFF
Posted 1 day ago

A teenage boy is lucky he didn't get shot by police after a male youth pointed a replica sawed off shotgun at another teen on Friday in front of a Talbot Street restaurant while police witnessed the event.

The youth drew what appeared to be a pistol-gripped sawed off shotgun from beneath his coat and pointed it at another youth.

When police approached, he immediately dropped the gun -- It's unclear whether officers drew their weapons. A 16-year-old boy was arrested.

"Replica firearms appear very realistic. Trained police officers have difficulty distinguishing these guns from actual firearms and have to act as if they are real," said Constable. "There is a risk of the offender being shot by police who are unable to establish the exact nature of the weapon."

The boy is charged with carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a weapon dangerous to the public and two breach of probation offences.

I saw the pics in the paper its a airsoft shotty for sure! as If we dont have it hard enough already!!!!!!!! Stupid fuckin kids gotta be doin stupid shit like this.
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:42   #2
Griffen
a.k.a {BDS} Veritas

Send a message via MSN to Griffen
That city was that in?
Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:44   #3
KND
* AV revoked *

Any link to the news ?

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 13:05   #4
L.S.J.S

UPDATE!
It certainly looks like a real shotgun, even if it doesn't weigh the same.

But try telling that to someone viewing it on the street -- particularly the police.

A black replica pistol-gripped, sawed off shotgun was seized last Friday from a 16-year-old boy who's currently charged with carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a weapon dangerous to the public and two counts of breaching his probation.

Police were called late Friday night to a dance at the Timken Centre. A concerned citizen said someone was pointing a pellet gun at other teens.

Police spotted the same youth a little while later in front of a Talbot Street restaurant. Officers saw him pull what appeared to be a sawed off shotgun and point it at another youth. When police approached, the boy immediately dropped the gun.

In addition to the replica shotgun, two pellet guns were also seized.

"It certainly looked like a real gun," Const. Cam Constable said of the replica, adding that officers didn't draw their weapons in this incident.

It did, however, raised concerns from police who warned that someone brandishing a replica firearm runs the risk of being shot by police believing they face a real threat.

Constable said they put that out as a precaution for the public.

"If guys (officers) are faced with that down the road, there's a possibility... that it could turn out to be something else."
L.S.J.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 13:05   #5
Moderate

A 16 year old was on probation...that explains EVERYTHING. Obviously a bad apple to start with, and no virgin to the criminal justice system.
Moderate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 13:06   #6
L.S.J.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KND View Post
Any link to the news ?
http://www.stthomastimesjournal.ca/A...aspx?e=1514065
http://www.stthomastimesjournal.ca/A...aspx?e=1515905
Old April 9th, 2009, 13:07   #7
L.S.J.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffen_1981 View Post
That city was that in?
St.Thomas
Old April 9th, 2009, 13:16   #8
Slade
Arkell

Just read about this in the paper, sadly this is exactly how dumb most kids are in this city. I can't even imagine what would be going through his head when he thought that walking down the main street of town with a replica shotgun was a good idea.
"Leadership isn't about firing bullets and stabbing people. Leadership is about being able to tell others to fire bullets and stab people."
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 13:34   #9
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Damn that boy is lucky as heoooooo!!

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 13:37   #10
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.J.S View Post
This happened right down the road from me the other day!
REPLICA SHOTGUN WORRIES COPS
Posted By Kyle Rea, TIMES-JOURNAL STAFF
Posted 1 day ago

A teenage boy is lucky he didn't get shot by police after a male youth pointed a replica sawed off shotgun at another teen on Friday in front of a Talbot Street restaurant while police witnessed the event.

The youth drew what appeared to be a pistol-gripped sawed off shotgun from beneath his coat and pointed it at another youth.

When police approached, he immediately dropped the gun -- It's unclear whether officers drew their weapons. A 16-year-old boy was arrested.

"Replica firearms appear very realistic. Trained police officers have difficulty distinguishing these guns from actual firearms and have to act as if they are real," said Constable. "There is a risk of the offender being shot by police who are unable to establish the exact nature of the weapon."

The boy is charged with carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a weapon dangerous to the public and two breach of probation offences.

I saw the pics in the paper its a airsoft shotty for sure! as If we dont have it hard enough already!!!!!!!! Stupid fuckin kids gotta be doin stupid shit like this.
This is why we strictly enforced a 18+ rules for games, if you screw up we get to beat you silly without feeling bad.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 13:43   #11
delta76

Constable Constable lol
delta76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 13:49   #12
Mr.Shiney

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Shiney
I saw this story on A News in London the other night, and was wondering how long it would take to post here.

It does not matter if it is paintball or airsoft there is always that one idiot who decides that their stupidity is a fun thing. The nasty side effect it ruins it for everyone.

He is already on probation - so where are his parents or are they the same thief of air, waste of rations and bags of skin that learned to walk upright and talk. Someone needs to teach both this genius's parents some responsibility. As for this abortion that should have happened, oh well, we will never learn his name. So he has the ability to continue on with his reign of stupidity for a couple more years.

He is lucky that he did not get shot. Although if that had happened it would have strenghtend the gene pool.

I will step off of my soap box now

Ubique
Osons

Michael

Last edited by Mr.Shiney; April 9th, 2009 at 15:18.. Reason: my poor spelling
Mr.Shiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 15:08   #13
Speirs101

Funny how this was posted today, because just this morning on my way to work I was passing my old high school and I got to thinking... what is wrong with kids today? Just as I thought that I drove by the school to see what must have been every student gathered in the parking lot with police cars with their sirens on and officers trying to break something up. I know I know, not airsoft related but seeing stories like this make me fear for the younger generation.
Old April 9th, 2009, 15:14   #14
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta76 View Post
Constable Constable lol
it said Cam Constable, so maybe it's good ole safety/paranoia expert Cam Wooley
Old April 9th, 2009, 15:16   #15
DemiBlitz

Send a message via MSN to DemiBlitz
Lovely...

Yeah apparently my mother saw that lol..

She reemed me out for my MP5 when I went out to the garage the other night to fire off a few rounds.. I think it was more of the fact St. Thomas is like London's next door neighbor that bothered her. But she's all up on me everytime I mention it now heh..

By the way.. Strngthening the gene pool Shiney? that's brutal lol. But you do have a point. As if Airsoft wasn't questionable enough in Canada. It's like the kindergarten teacher always said, just one ruins it for everyone.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General