:

General

Closed Thread

Old January 16th, 2009, 11:33   #46
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaneler View Post
or....you could tell the cops that you KNOW they are playing with toys and that they are not real guns! that should stop any killings unless they do something really stupid like start pointing at cops but if they do that they deserve to die
so if the cops KNOW they're playing with toys it's ok?
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:37   #47
theshaneler

at least they are not as likely to go in guns blazing, if you say you see some people with guns that look real, with all the shit going on in Calgary, the cops are more likely to shoot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:39   #48
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

so as long as the cops don't kill anyone it's ok for underaged kids to play in the streets with replica firearms, what time is it there? have you had your coffee yet?
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:39   #49
The Saint

theshaneler, I think the point is that if the police are informed at all, it should/will lead to this little event not happening, period. No leeway should be even implied about this being permitted to take place, whether or not the police is aware that the guns involved are fake.
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:41   #50
theshaneler

what are you talking about, you missed the point.... im saying tell the cops that they are illegally playing with BB guns painted black so that the cops will break it up, and teach the kids a lesson but will not shoot them when they show up and see all black AKs and MP6s

the cops knowing dosn't stop people i know, i wake up in the morning and my lawn is littered with yellow bbs, i tell the cops, they even patrol around and the kids still go out
Quote:
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:43   #51
DENZILDON

stop arguing. It's illegal in calgary, period. End of story.
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:44   #52
The Saint

^That point was already understood by the rest of this thread. No one actually thought that the cops were going to show up shooting. So when you stated it again, it seemed like you were suggesting something else completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENZILDON View Post
stop arguing. It's illegal in Canada, period. End of story.
Fixed.
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:45   #53
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
what are you talking about, you missed the point.... im saying tell the cops that they are illegally playing with BB guns painted black so that the cops will break it up, and teach the kids a lesson but will not shoot them when they show up and see all black AKs and MP6s

the cops knowing dosn't stop people i know, i wake up in the morning and my lawn is littered with yellow bbs, i tell the cops, they even patrol around and the kids still go out

Quote:
or....you could tell the cops that you KNOW they are playing with toys and that they are not real guns! that should stop any killings unless they do something really stupid like start pointing at cops but if they do that they deserve to die

does that not sound as if it is ok for them to play?
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:46   #54
theshaneler

isn't Calgary in the middle of a time of high gang activity?? i would suspect that would lead the cops to be more on edge.

how am i say that its ok to play.... im saying kids are stupid, they are going to play even if we dont want them to, if the cops show up and they do something stupid o well
Quote:
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:55   #55
Moderate

I miss the good old days when you could have cap gun battles in the streets or nearby parks and not worry about getting shot.
Cops would even drive by and not give a flying fuck.

Hell, one of my childhood friend's father's was principal at a middle school in a nearby town, late at night we all drove up and had the entire school to ourselves. (Epic gun battle ensued)
At school we could bring cap guns and bb guns for stage productions or in-class "skits", without everyone yelling bloody murder and freaking out.

Albeit this was in rural Atlantic Canada, not Calgary...our backyards are many acres, as big as some airsoft fields.

That said, times have changed. Call the cops.
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:12   #56
DENZILDON

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
^That point was already understood by the rest of this thread. No one actually thought that the cops were going to show up shooting. So when you stated it again, it seemed like you were suggesting something else completely.
Fixed.
I guess I need to explain a bit further. There are no outdoor airsoft playing fields within Calgary. Only exception I've seen so far is an indoor arena that we play in that may have a grandfathered permit. JOC plays outdoors in Bragg Creek, Red Deer, N40, etc. All outside of Calgary and are privately owned and/or paintball fields. Not sure if these municipalities have their own bylaw like the one for Calgary. And I'm not stating something else.

Yes it is pointed out that it is bad for these kids to play outside. If its bad then call the cops. No other way around that.
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:24   #57
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Chopper Reid does not approve of this bullshit

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:29   #58
RGauvin

The believer in evolution in me says fuck it, Darwin will sort it out.

The adult in me says, not cool.

Often the right thing to do is the hard thing. The OP knows what's right, and he knows what he should do. Me preaching isn't going to change what he does.
Old January 17th, 2009, 07:01   #59
Panek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
yea because thats so much better then what they are doing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
You're just as bad as they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous View Post
Worse actually, cause he's supposed to be the "mature response", riiiiiight.

I wonder if that post can/should be flagged for that guy wanting to get AV'd any time soon .
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
because THAT'S so much better than what they're planning to do,
Hell to the yeah, the Airsoft Police is in action!

Come on guys, what I wrote was a joke (too obvious, even). But the advice about calling the cops was 100% honest.

Last edited by Panek; January 17th, 2009 at 07:04..
Old January 17th, 2009, 14:36   #60
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

Yea seriously guys, they might hate you for it, but it could SAVE their lives....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General