Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

So all my guns were stolen today...

:

General

Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:18   #31
Rukus

Well seeing as I'm in the Vic area if I hear or see anything I'll let you know. But that really sucks balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:24   #32
WarHawk109

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskersten View Post
Sorry to hear Ryan, do you live in an apartment or a basement suite? If its an apartment then maybe find out how someone got into the building? Or maybe it was someone in your building? Either way, check with management about seeing the video tape of your front door? I know at my condo we have a camera at every main exit and same with at my old apartment. Its worth a try to maybe catch who may have your stuff.

And not to rub too much salt in the wound, for future reference, rental insurance (content insurance) for an apartment in your area is $20/month.

If you want to play still, we have guns at the field you can use, so your not entirely out of the game. I will lend you my ICS for a game day if you want, and I am sure the rest of the guys would help out someway or form.
I live in a lower suite of a house.

I should have gotten insurance, and I will now. I moved out 3 months ago and honestly not something I have ever thought about...

let this be a lesson to everyone out there, don't let this happen to you! it sucks...big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndzn View Post
Ryan that sux.......big time. As local airsofters lets keep a lookout for a PTW and associated airsoft gear for sale.
My gut feeling is telling me its been stolen by someone who knows what you have.
Were any other apartments broken into or just yours?? Was this random??

As JK has said, between us all we have more than enuff guns and gear to loan out to you when you decide to come out next.

Cheers!!
My first reaction was that as well, I have shown some buddies them, but none of them drive or live even close to me...i think it was just a random break in...whoever was in my place was going for my xbox first as all the cables were unplugged but found the guns and took those instead...they went through all my cubboards and food too.

police are going to do forensics today, hopefully something will come from that.

i'll definetly take you guys up on that at some point...probably not till june.

i'm not going to be able to buy new kit or a gun for a long while, i'm on my own and don't make that much money...bought most of this stuff while living with parents with money to burn.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:24   #33
Azathoth

Sorry to hear that you were burgled.

I don't want to be an ass but this is certainly a lesson to everyone. I can't count how many times I see pictures of people's "Display wall" where the leave their guns on a shelf, unlocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:46   #34
Invasian
Likes it BOLD attention whore MAXIMUS!

On top of being locked inside a custom made airsoft cabinet, I just renewed my $7000 coverage specifically for "Firearms" as they classified under my insurance umbrella, best $450 i spend every year...

i live in an apartment building so I don't chances with what I consider akin to having kids....
Invasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:18   #35
jameskersten

My old apartment was in the same area, sketchy is a pretty good word for the area. I had a ground floor apartment and I was always worried about having my stuff there and worst having it stolen. It wasn't uncommon in the apartment complex to hear about a break in, somehow I was never a victim. Now that I live on the 3rd floor in a almost new building with everyone owning their unit I do feel a lot safer but this could happen anywhere. I will be looking into a safe of some degree. I do put my guns in a fairly safe place now but they are not locked which may happen now.

Victoria Area Age Verifier
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:19   #36
BoB
AV Suspended due to trade dispute

Sounds like it could have been someone you know?
BoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:18   #37
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoB View Post
Sounds like it could have been someone you know?
+1

Kinda seems strange that the AS was targeted as it was.

Hopefully you get the stuff back.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 13:06   #38
NickPoole

So shitty man, sorry to hear.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 13:06   #39
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

I still think someone went for the airsoft specifically! The Xbox might have been a "roose" or whatever you call it to make you think that they were just random. I mean, why steal your GEAR?!
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 14:44   #40
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
How do you not have insurance?

Do folks in BC not have standard home-owners insurance out there? GOod christ that's terrible... well at least we know they are out there.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 14:47   #41
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post

Do folks in BC not have standard home-owners insurance out there? GOod christ that's terrible... well at least we know they are out there.
more than half of people who live in rented dwellings do not carry insurance.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 15:02   #42
jameskersten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post

We do, I thought it was standard practice to have house/home/content insurance but after talking to a few co-workers 50% of them didn't have any insurance either. Scary! I know at my condo complex you must have insurance (atleast liabilty to $1000000)

Victoria Area Age Verifier

Last edited by jameskersten; May 23rd, 2008 at 15:05..
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 19:16   #43
L473ncy

I'll try to watch out in Vancouver (if they try taking it over the ferry to pawn off), sorry man but that's the best I can do.

Anyways hope you get your stuff back. I can look around.

What did you say it was BTW? Do you have descriptions, distinct markings or scratches that are obvious?

Make sure you check out kijiji, buy/sell, and craigslist if they're stupid they might try to pawn it off there. I'm going to take a random guess and probably say that their still school kids (like that other guy who's neighbours stole his stuff)

For me when I get my own place it's going to have a gun safe. I've seen too many "stolen" threads recently.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 21:09   #44
~JARSH~

well time to buy a real gun and hunts some stupid pricks!
~JARSH~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 21:27   #45
WarHawk109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
I still think someone went for the airsoft specifically! The Xbox might have been a "roose" or whatever you call it to make you think that they were just random. I mean, why steal your GEAR?!
i had some fairly expensive items in my gear bag (radio, SERPA holster, blackhawk hydrastorm etc etc), they obviously went through it and discovered this as they took out and left my muddy boots.

My first thought was maybe it was someone I knew, most people I know don't live anywhere near where I do and most don't have vehicles...maybe someone I know that knows about my AS told some unsavory people...that's a possibility.

The cops think it was two people, and one was going for my xbox/dvds/nintendo, and other looking through my bedroom...once they found my AS stuff they just went after that...they say they just grab what they can grab and leave. Cops think it was drug addicts since the first thing they did was go through my food.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General