Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Who uses their plastic bodys in games.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 6th, 2008, 18:32   #31
Naglfar

I prefer plastic bodies...people usually let them go for $30 - $40 which is fine with me if I have to replace once or twice, still cheaper than metal, easier to dremel fit things too.
Naglfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 19:24   #32
Forever_kaos

For me, I love the look and feel of the metal body vs the plastic.

(Side note - hurray! Verification went though today ColtFarmer rules!)
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 19:35   #33
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
I still have the same plastic body so.. no worries for me.
Old February 6th, 2008, 19:42   #34
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Half of my AUG is plastic and it's fine.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 21:34   #35
LUTNIT

Just readjusted my PTW RIS and outer barrel, I was running around my house swinging it like a base ball bat by the end of the barrel. I'd like to see someone do that with a plastic bodied M4A1. I can drop my gun, run into trees (still have a scar on my arm from doing that at the LZ...), get bodychecked (has happened at the mill), swing it on the sling to get it out of my way to draw my GBB and have it smash into a steel pole. Of course all this is possible with most other guns with plastic bodies, its really just armalites that suffer horribly from it.

As for the fiber glass, yes CA uses fiberglass in a lot of their non-metal guns. Fiberglass is just the glass filaments which still need to be in some sort of resin. As far as I know its just fiberglass injected into ABS plastic. Even look at Pelican cases, they are all fiberglass reinforced but I'm not sure what the plastic binder is.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 21:39   #36
pawscal
its nylon
Old February 6th, 2008, 21:52   #37
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
mmmmm. Nothing like cold metal against your skin..
I'm all about metal... for my guns and my music. lol

But yeah, even though I had nothing bad to say about the plastic TM body, the M15's metal body just felt so much nicer and more solid. I never fielded the gun, but I'm sure it would have held up fine, just as many other plastic TM bodies. And you can break a metal body too. They're tougher, but don't have the durability of their real steel counterparts.

Then again, I should add that I didn't go metal because I was in any way displeased with the plastic body. I had bought the gun specifically to be the basis for my C8A2 project. I never had any intention of keeping the stock body. The C8 body had always been a planned upgrade.
Old February 7th, 2008, 20:26   #38
namloot

Send a message via MSN to namloot
If the real one is metal, I like a metal replica.
If the real one is plastic, I like a plastic replica.
Old February 7th, 2008, 20:35   #39
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
My relationship with my gun is a bit.... rougher than usual.
Hence his adding a tightbore, he got fed up with the motor whining "Is it in yet?!?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I still have the same plastic body so.. no worries for me.
And here I thought her body was made of life-like laytex all this time, and then you claim that you are a cheap bastard that prefers vinyl?!?!?! My respect for you has dropped through the floor!!!! Dollar store patch up kits, huh?

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; February 7th, 2008 at 20:39..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 21:07   #40
tunabreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by namloot View Post
If the real one is metal, I like a metal replica.
If the real one is plastic, I like a plastic replica.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old February 7th, 2008, 21:43   #41
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Fuck, it pisses me off when people brag about their PTWs. More so those that brag about them in threads where the PTW doesn't belong!

"Who do you think if gonna win the Democrat candidate's spot for the next Presidential election?"

"My new Systema PTW, cuz it rocks!!!"

Fuck off with the PTW worship already, and stop treating everyone else like we own clearsoft!!!!! Get a fucking woman for Christ's sake!!!!

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; February 7th, 2008 at 21:59..
Old February 7th, 2008, 21:55   #42
dodger_me

Still got the plastic on the jg, Works fine... for now
Im picking up a metal body soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andrew. View Post
turns out i had to take the battey out of the stock and charge it right from the battery wire..not the wire that connects to the gun
dodger_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 22:22   #43
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Fuck, it pisses me off when people brag about their PTWs. More so those that brag about them in threads where the PTW doesn't belong!

"Who do you think if gonna win the Democrat candidate's spot for the next Presidential election?"

"My new Systema PTW, cuz it rocks!!!"

Fuck off with the PTW worship already, and stop treating everyone else like we own clearsoft!!!!! Get a fucking woman for Christ's sake!!!!
Im with you on that one theres a time and a place for everything, as for me and PTW's Ive Never liked them and never will. Regardless what model or what it resembles. Its just not my thing, dont try and tell me using one will change my mind, because Ive handled one and I still dont care for it.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 22:31   #44
LUTNIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Comparing metal receiver to plastic, it belongs doesn't it? Do to a plastic armalite what I did to my metal one and the front end will stay in your hands and the receiver and stock will go flying across the room. As for the PTW part, could be anything with a metal receiver really as long as its high enough quality (G&P for example.) Only used a PTW specifically as an example because of all the G&P fanboys saying PTW's are fragile and rattle a lot. I haven't seen any posts as out of place as you said and no one said any airsoft gun that isn't a PTW is clearsoft. Personally Stalker if you had a stock TM MP5 and I had my PTW, one on one, if anyone puts money on me their an idiot.

As for my original post, the message I was trying to get across was:
Quote:
Just readjusted the RIS and outer barrel on my metal bodied armalite, I was running around my house swinging it like a base ball bat by the end of the barrel. I'd like to see someone do that with a plastic bodied M4A1. I can drop my gun, run into trees (still have a scar on my arm from doing that at the LZ...), get bodychecked (has happened at the mill), swing it on the sling to get it out of my way to draw my GBB and have it smash into a steel pole. Of course all this is possible with most other guns with plastic bodies, its really just armalites that suffer horribly from it.
same difference but people freak because I put "PTW" in there....geeze. I only said "PTW" to give context as to which model of armalite I have, it could have been G&P, CA, G&G, or anything else and you wouldn't have said boo.

T7...do you actually have a $24 000 Rolex? This has nothing to do with PTW's or airsoft at all, just wondering because that seems really expensive for a watch.

Last edited by LUTNIT; February 7th, 2008 at 22:42..
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 22:41   #45
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Is more to the point of stock plastic bodies vs. aftermarket (or other brand stock) metal bodies comparison, not so much AEGs that come stock with good metal bodies.

Appreciate the 1 vs. 1 plug though, guess yo still remember my magic BB from my G19 when you and I were duking it out 50ft away form each other behind trees, you switched to GBB for shits & giggles, as did I, and my 'magic BB' wove in and around branches to smack you in the middle of the goggles. Still love hearing you comment on the path of that BB, like it was in slow motion. Kinda reminds me of Mother Duck at Op: Nam in 2005, I got the first kill of the day, my patrol came across movement 150ft away in the brush, we went into the base near us, I got a bead on them with my M24, saw a body and a face.......... later Mother Duck says "Ya, I saw you aiming at us, I told the others "I see Stalker scoping us out, he's pointing in our direction, he's about to..................... SMACK!..................shoot. Damn!".......... Goggle shot. Lol

Still, I'm annoyed I can't afford a PTW kit, unsure if I had the cash if I'd buy an Armalite one or the new MP5 one. Probably get the Armatlie one, even though I find them really uncomfortable and unwieldy compared to the MP5 (I run two MP5s for a reason, and it has nothing to do with "fashion" like 90% of the players out there).................. hell, I could always sell it if it still didn't work for me.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; February 7th, 2008 at 22:45..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion