Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Possible upgrade list

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 16th, 2007, 18:15   #1
joker060

Send a message via MSN to joker060
Possible upgrade list

Alright heres the story. I have my G3-SG1 pretty well built to what I want. But now I am thinking about converting it to a sniper rifle.

So heres the question. What upgrades would I need to have a hard hitting, long range, reliable sniper rifle?

Heres what I thought of.
>Reinforced gearbox
>Torque up gear set
>Bore up cylinder kit
>Longer barrel w/silencer (thinking 590mm - 650mm)
>Possibly a high torque motor

Is there anything I am missing?? Thanks for the help in advance.
I use my iron wang to deflect them into seniors and schoolchildren
joker060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 20:02   #2
mateba

I got gears that you might want. They're Prometheus Super Triple Torque Gears. Practically new for $70USD +s/h. Brand new, they cost $94USD from Redwolf. They'll pull pretty much any spring you want.

Your missing a mosfet switch and battery.
mateba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 20:59   #3
joker060

I already have the battery but I think I may want to go to a 9.6v instead of an 8.4v.

Are those gears helical or flat?? And also on that note does anyone know where there is a tutorial on how to shim helical gears??
Old October 17th, 2007, 03:05   #4
namloot

Send a message via MSN to namloot
Do a wiring upgrade (14 guage) and consider a MOSFET switch.
Old October 17th, 2007, 03:13   #5
AnakChan

Noticed no mention of spring but of reinforced mechbox, gears, motor, etc. Are you using same (stock) spring?
AnakChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 03:21   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

You'll need a prometheus 6.03 tightbore barrel, the stock 469mm G3 length barrel is just fine. From what I've seen barrel length doesn't have a big effect on accuracy if you upgrade your internals properly.
And a hopup rubber is a VERY important part to select, if your going for over 400 FPS, maybe a prometheus hard type or KM RH65 hopup rubber.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 04:51   #7
joker060

Well I have a guarder sp110 right now which gives me right around 400fps w/.2s. I also have a 509mm System 6.04 barrel and a Guarder ?70? hop up rubber. I was thinking of going to a Guarder sp120 which should give me around 400fps w/.25s.

As for the wire upgrade where can i find some high silicon wire to use? I have checked out The Source but no luck. Just check ebay?
Old October 17th, 2007, 15:32   #8
mateba

get a mosfet and your wiring will be taken care of at the same time. Airsoft mechanics can hook you up with a awesome mosfet job. You'll want active braking and a resettable fuse.
Old October 17th, 2007, 17:03   #9
namloot

Send a message via MSN to namloot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateba View Post
get a mosfet and your wiring will be taken care of at the same time. Airsoft mechanics can hook you up with a awesome mosfet job. You'll want active braking and a resettable fuse.
I got the simple $20 one, and made up my own wiring harness. It works well though the active braking one looks intriquing.
Old October 20th, 2007, 12:35   #10
joker060

So looks like I have my list

>Silencer Adapter
>200mm Silencer
>590mm Inner Barrel
>RH65 Hopup rubber
>Guarder SP150 Infinite Torque Up Kit
>MOSFET Switch
>9.6v 3300mah battery
>Kings Arms Reinforced 7mm Bearing Gearbox

With this list do I need to go to a high torque motor too? Also how would you go about disabling Auto on a G3 SG1 for this build.
Old October 20th, 2007, 12:52   #11
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker060 View Post
I already have the battery but I think I may want to go to a 9.6v instead of an 8.4v.

Are those gears helical or flat?? And also on that note does anyone know where there is a tutorial on how to shim helical gears??
I just did a set of helicals today and they're quite simple. Just make sure the gears mesh up well. Also you might have to shave down the trigger post depending on mechbox, I had to shave down my trigger post to fit the Guarder Infinate Torque Ups into my Reinforced G&P.

I did it the stupid way by doing each gear at a time starting from Spur, Sector, then Bevel.

Also you need to make sure your piston doesn't get caught onto your gears. Make sure you get the right teeth piston for your gearset. LOL I made that mistake last week.

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2007, 13:16   #12
joker060

Thats one of the big reasons that I want to get the Guarder set. It actually has flat gears and comes with the bore up cylinder and piston.
Old October 21st, 2007, 01:07   #13
mateba

I think that kit uses half tooth gears. Checked UNcompany and WGC and they list the G3 150 kits with HT pistons. Redwolf doesn't but I think its an error. I also think they used the SP120 kit's picture. If I remember correctly my friend also had them and needed a HT piston. They can also be a pain to shim because you have not only get them perfect to get the benefits of helical gears you also have to match the sector gear with the piston right. Better double check. I like their springs though. If you want to run a 450FPS spring you should use helical gears though. They'll last longer and they will run quieter just double check if you can use FT pistons on them. My Prometheus STT gears I'm selling use FT pistons. I got video of of them if your interested.

mateba
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications