Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CRANE STOCK

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old May 26th, 2007, 11:17   #1

CRANE STOCK

Hi there! I have an ICS M4. Recently, I decided to customize it by replacing the LE stock with a CRANE stock. Initially, Ken from 007 Airsoft had a CRANE STOCK for me, but we found out that ICS has a thicker/bigger buffer tube than TM. Does anybody have any suggestion on how to make this happen for me? Even just a brand name of a CRANE STOCK or a whole rear stock assembly that is compatible with ICS would be fantastic. THANKS gentlemen; and ladies.:hammer:
5.56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 13:53   #2
KEVORKIAN

? Diameter...

I have a Hurricane crane stock w/ tube...What is the diameter of your ICS version?
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 15:14   #3

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.I am not sure how to measure this thing, but according to Ken at 007 Airsoft ICS stocks are slightly thicker and bigger than TM.
Old May 26th, 2007, 20:46   #4
Death March

The only way I was able too put a Crane stock on my ICS was by,buying the G&P set and doing it that way.It comes with all you need! PM me if you have any questions,the install took me two days as I was realy an ass about how I wanted it done,but I'v been using it with no problems for the past two all most three years! Cheers!
Old May 26th, 2007, 20:53   #5
beach_boy

Send a message via MSN to beach_boy
I believe the prime crane stock goes onto the ICS end nub no problem. From what I have heard it is the only crane stock that goes onto a ICS without modification, but don't quote me on that
Old May 27th, 2007, 00:53   #6

Hey, FANTASTIC and THANKS A MILLION Death March for pointing me in the right direction. I will look into that now. Since it is topic, I did a bit of research and I found two other possible options for this. Magpul and CAA stocks might be compatible with ICS with slight modifications. Apparently, collapsable stocks on real AR rifles come in MIL SPEC and NON-MIL SPEC tubes. NON-MILSPEC tubes have smaller/larger buffer tubes which are somewhat compatible with airsoft rifles. As soon as I get confimation about these "possibilities" from the dealers, I think I will up date this THREAD and leave it there. THANKS AGAIN.....(ps, I will definately take your offer of assistance.)
Old May 27th, 2007, 02:03   #7
rat

i preferred my G&P over my prime crane any day...
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:15   #8
Death March

I'm not sure if talking about the Classic Army stock (CAA?) but I have two G&P crane stocks and one Classic Army all installed,the G&P's seem to be the way two go for me as well.The G&P's hold 9.6volt batterys and my Classic Army wont hold anything bigger than a 8.4.I tryed the Classic Army one on the ICS,it doesent fit! The bottom rail where the adjustment holes are on the tube is too large on the Classic Army to fit in the ICS stock! I like my G&P's over other stuff I'v had a chance to play with as well.The Classic Army one's are know for lossing there Battery retaining caps as well! Hope it helps ya out some what,I'll keep playing with some of this stuff and let ya know if anything works out,Cheers!

Last edited by Death March; May 27th, 2007 at 10:19..
Death March is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications