Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

UPS brokerage charges lawsuit

:

General

Old October 27th, 2006, 23:01   #31
Armedpacifist

Hmm, I just got a collection agency notice for the brokerage fee I didn't pay. I wonder what will happen to the original charge if this lawsuit is successful.
Armedpacifist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2006, 00:55   #32
Kitten Eater
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by safx View Post
I've also heard that UPS doesn't use an internal system for processing the cross boarder items, and that they use an outside source. UPS is also notorious for opening parcels labeled as "gift".

Bullshit bullshit bullshit......UPS does have an in house brokerage system. UPS cannot and does not open your parcels.....CUSTOMS CANADA DOES. If you write gift on a parcel, 99% of the time it is a lie, so CUSTOMS CANADA does not accept that anymore. "GIFT" is not a legal term for importation....it is like writing "BOX", it will ALWAYS be opened by customs to see what the hell it is. UPS as well as ALL courier companies have in house Canada Customs inspectors at all of their importation sites. If you do not have B13 forms filled out correctly, or if you write "persona;" goods, you are going to have your parcel opened.
Kitten Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2006, 03:29   #33
Sgt_Lynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armedpacifist View Post
Hmm, I just got a collection agency notice for the brokerage fee I didn't pay. I wonder what will happen to the original charge if this lawsuit is successful.
Don't pay it... just write them back saying 'lawsuit pending'
Old October 28th, 2006, 17:38   #34
firemachine69

All my TNT stuff comes from a broker, and they have a great rate.

FedEx, not the best, but I can live with the slightly inflated cost for the service I receive.

Purolator, I hate how randomly they charge my CC... anywhere from the next day to five weeks down the road... makes tracking import fees a bit trickier. I'm terrible for being disorganized.

UPS: The fees are in relation to the type of service I should receive. But unfortunately, whenever it hits the secondary delivery company (Muskoka), things hit the shitter, and the service level is far below what I pay them.

Last edited by firemachine69; October 28th, 2006 at 17:40..
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 17:33   #35
HaZarD SFD

This might be interesting for those getting packages from the US

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html
Old November 29th, 2006, 18:04   #36
bruce
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to bruce Send a message via MSN to bruce
About a month ago, I ordered $400US of clothes and boots from trgear.com. Even though they were made in the US, I didn't know how I could get the NAFTA numbers that UPS wanted. They also wanted a complete list of the material used in the goods. How was I suppose to tell them what Oakey uses in their boots.

In the end, after giving them the web site where I got it from. I received a bill for $217 from them. Well, that is the last time I'll buy from any web site that ships by UPS.
Old November 29th, 2006, 18:25   #37
Freedom Fighter

I stopped dealing direct with BlackHawk because of UPS.

$125 USD for one BHI Commando Recon Chest Harness.
$90 somthing in brokerage fees ... $60 something on delivery, and another $23 and change billed to me later.

$99 USD for two BHI M14 Pouches
Same shit again, charged on drop, and billed later. Almost $90 CAD charged on $90 USD.

I place about three or four previous orders and each time, a huge shipping fee was charged on drop off with a second bill sent to me each time. My last shipment from BHI through UPS went AWOL however and it's been about 8 or 9 months with nothing received.
Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 18:29   #38
thephenom

My last UPS package was $9....just waiting for the 2nd bill now....*cross finger*
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 00:26   #39
jamilsaleem

i dont get it...what the hell are these charges for? i got a CD for 13 USD+shipping and paid an extra 20 when it got here....and i never looked at UPS since.
Old November 30th, 2006, 00:47   #40
LUTNIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamilsaleem View Post
i dont get it...what the hell are these charges for?
There is paper work to be done when anything crosses the border, UPS does the brokerage paperwork for you and rapes you in the ass with fees for that service. Canada Post will also do the paperwork for you and only charges $5, each time you also pay customs which as far as I know on normal items is the same as paying tax.

Your other option is to go to the border yourself and fill out the forms but not many people live a short drive to the border but even if you do the importation point where you package is may not be the one your near.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 01:45   #41
jamilsaleem

thanks, knew about customs and its charges but had no idea about why this extra charge by UPS...
Old November 30th, 2006, 21:20   #42
Brad01

Any word on the status of this lawsuit?
Brad01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 21:42   #43
Kanyon

Send a message via MSN to Kanyon
I also hate UPS, I've had to pay a number of brokerage fees that were sorta reasonable, however one of them was $18 for a $20 t-shirt.

I just got a letter from Collections, so I guess I have to pay it... but I really don't want to. Bunch of crooks.
Kanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 23:49   #44
SLY

Send a message via MSN to SLY
Speaking of these hidden charges...and sorry for the stupid questions im tired and studying for finals. The custom boarder charges are they also called "UPS Standard Terrifs" ? If so that’s good I won’t get a hidden charge at my door when my stuff gets here!

Sly.
SLY is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General