WE Glock / KJW Glock - Comparison

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 11th, 2015, 22:47   #1
Foxx

Send a message via MSN to Foxx

Long story short: I decided to replace my old KJW Glock which served me well. Naturally, I wanted to purchase another KJW but every Canadian retailer website I went to were back order. After doing tons of researches I decided to go with a WE Glock. Here's a comparison between both of them. Hopefully it might help someone decide which one suits them better.

Top: KJW Glock 23 / Bottom: WE Glock 19 (Gen. 4)

Slide:
The KJW slide has a smoother and more glossy finish, it scratches easily. The WE slide on the other hand is less glossy than the KJW and the finish isn't as smooth but it looks much better and doesn't scratch as easily. The WE slide also has a much tighter tolerance to the frame than the KJW, it feels crisp and has little to no wobble. The KJW slide wobbles a lot in comparison.

Top: WE Glock 19 (Gen. 4) / Bottom: KJW Glock 23

Frame:
The KJW frame is a tad thicker and feels heavier than the WE. Holding the frame itself alone feels better with the KJW but that feeling disapears when the Glock is fully assembled. The KJW also has a tighter tolerance for the magazine, unlike the WE which has an annoying wobble to it.

Return spring:
The KJW return spring is longer and more complex, it sits tighter inside the glock than the WE return spring does and it also has a pin on one hand which locks it to the hopup and keeps it from moving around. The WE return spring on the other hand is smaller and has one end made of plastic.

Outer barrel:
The KJW outer barrel is very thin and lightweight, it feels really brittle to the touch. The WE in comparison is thick and very heavy, it feels very solid.

Hopup:
Both KJW and WE have an unimpressive hopup design but the WE hopup has two screws that holds it together and it feels much better than the KJW which wobbles a lot where the inner barrel goes in. The hopup metal arm is twice as big on the KJW and looks stronger though.

WE Glock 19 (Gen. 4) hopup. (Note: 2 screws and tiny hopup arm)

KJW Glock 23 hopup (Note: 1 screw and big hopup arm)

Inner barrel:
The KJW inner barrel is a little longer than the WE and has a inside diameter of 6.07mm. The WE is a little shorter but has a really impressive inside diameter of 6.01mm. For comparison I have added a Madbull tightbore barrel which has an inside diameter of 6.03mm.

Madbull 6.03 inner barrel

Left: KJW Glock 23 / Right: WE Glock 19 (Gen. 4)

Mag catch:
The KJW has a sturdy steel mag catch identical to the Guarder steel unit. The WE on the other hand is entirely made of cheap plastic and I wouldn't be surprised if it snapped in the long run.

Left: KJW Glock 23 / Middle: Guarder / Right: WE Glock 19 (Gen. 4)

Sights:
The KJW has metal front and rear sights unlike the WE sights which are made of plastic. They're compatible though and can easily be changed.

Left: KJW Glock 23 / Right: WE Glock 19 (Gen. 4)

Last edited by Foxx; November 12th, 2015 at 10:57..
Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion